Wanted, A used Motherboard

Thread: Wanted, A used Motherboard

Charter Member 09

Wanted, A used Motherboard

I have 70 CDs of FS 2004 filled with airplanes and scenery. All held in a firm plastic case. I would like to trade it for a used Motherboard with a CPU. Or maybe an old Graphics card with some memory. I'm trying to fix up a computer for my daughter and being on Social Security makes money a scarce item. Anybody interested?
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

If I had one, I'd ship it to you for nothing, but my last desktop went tango uniform in a bad way. I stripped out things like fans and the cooler, destroyed the hard drives, then tossed the rest into a dumpster.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I just parted out an older machine the other day... the mobo went "mustang" but everything else was fine including the CPU.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Social Insecurity

I too am afflicted by retirement and SSA (am 74 yrs) so I know what you mean. How powerful a rig do you have in mind? I have a P4, 3.2 Ghz, with a P4-M80-M4 motherboard that was working good before I went with a new i7 rig. It's just sitting there collecting dust. There is some ram installed (dual channel). Video card would have to be AGP that when paired with a LED flat monitor would be good (ie: for reading text). Ran FSX at 22 fps and smooth. Hyper threading, too. Would go good with Windows XP. I will post a pic later today. I live in California. I can remove the parts from the case (I imagine you have a case and power supply) and pack them up for UPS or USPS. No problemo.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

I've just retired my kids Dell 1800 Inspiron. I think it was new about 7 years ago? It was bought top of the line back then and ran great up to a month ago when it was turned off. It couldn't keep up with the times having 1G RAM and effectively not upgradable to work with Windows 7. I can check the vid card if you're interested but I'd guess the mobo is useless, HD should be good too.You can PM me if you want.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

I have a Gigabyte 970-D3 and an AMD 970BE. Neither have been used, just residing in their respective boxes and gathering dust. I had intended to build a new rig, but made the move to Intel so these two items have been in a closet for two years.

Bob

BTW, I do not want anything in return. They just need a good home.
    CPU: Intel i7-5960X OC 4.5
    MOBO: Asus X99 Deluxe
    RAM: 16GB (4x4) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2800
    GPU: Asus STRIX GeForce GTX980
    PSU: SeaSonic X850
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (FS9)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (FSX)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
    HDD: WD 7200 Black 1TB
    CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo (white)
    CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

Members who have read this thread: 37