Jet ground attacks,Korea

Thread: Jet ground attacks,Korea

Jet ground attacks,Korea

When I'm out to sea I actually have more free time to work on CFS2 since I don't do all the sailing.

One of the things I found in my Korea install is that the jets have a hard time doing ground attacks,they would swoop in to attack but not drop bombs or fire rockets most times.Part of the problem is the terrain but with prop planes I could usually find a work around.It didn't work with the jets.Even on level ground most had problems.I had one Jet that would attack the targets and lookrd to see what was different.I found some differences in the air file and cfg.I made some adjustments and it fixed part of the problem/

KW-F84E AI - I made it flyable and it now attacks with rockets with no problems.I haven't tried it with bombs yet.

Alpha F84G now attacks with bombs and rockets.

TR F80C also will now attack.

I have them attacking airfields,tanks and ships.The F84 was used more for ground attacks so I did more work on it.

This a WIP and I haven't worked on all the jets yet but at least I know what direction to go.I also have changed some of the loadouts on them.

Not sure when I will get them all done because we should be at our destination is 3 or 4 days.

Hi Talon;

Sounds like the cruise is a sa-nooze. Good on ya. The Korean campaigns are among my favorites so I for one will be waiting to see what you can do wit' dose pesky planes..

Good luck with that.

Stay safe, Pal
    Great to be here......great to be anywhere

Korea

Can't wait.
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by John Pirnie View Post
    Can't wait.
    JP
    John,

I am not working on a new Korea Campaign,I'm just doing some fixes to the jets.The missioms and campaign part I will keave for somepne else to do.

With the overwhelming interest shown in this thread I won't waste evybodies time with progress reports.

Besides tomorrow we will be in port and I won't be doing any work on CFS2 for awhile.

It'd be a shame to loose your work.Even though I'm new again at SOH L remember you from Netwings and my early days here. From the posts of yours on mission building through the years I don't think anyone in here has the knowledge that you have. You also get the AI planes to do things most people don't even think of.

I don't think many realize how much of a loss it would be if you stop working to improve CFS2 or stop doing missions and campaign,but I can see from their lack of responses they may not care.It would be such a big loss to the game and community and they only have themselves to blame.

Enjoy your shore leave.

Hey Talon,

So what did you have to change for the Ground attack?

Is it part of the Pitch?

I was looking at something like that a while back. I never went further with it. Adopt Pitch moment AoA Rate. + is nose down. I was thinking that maybe they were pitch up to much to get the rockets off. That was just a guess. I think most of the jets have a higher AoA anyways.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Talon;

Stay the course if you can. There are guys here who value your work highly. You work on things that most of us know nothing about. Brings to mind your Pearl Harbor attack Mission..........fantastic what you made those aircraft do. Moving ahead with Korea and the jets would be a real bonus for this sim and this community. Some just don't realize it yet but they will. We're each of us different in our likes, dislikes, interests, etc......which is, in fact a good thing. CFS2 as a whole has continued to prosper because of your efforts.

Overall, the work that's been done and that is currently on-going with ths theatre is bluidy fantastic.

Keep yer powder dry out there,

Cheers
    Great to be here......great to be anywhere

Members who have read this thread: 19