What is your Default Flight setup?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your Default Flight setup?

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

What is your Default Flight setup?

Hey guys,

Just wondering what everyone has for their default flight setups?

I realise some still have their original boot up screen with the Cessna. But some select alternative boot points, and/or to go directly into the default flight instead of the introduction screen panel.

Presently, mine is the stock boot screen with the 172. (New computer still, havent got everything customised on it yet).

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Mine is KUKT Quakertown, PA(my home airport)with Jim Cooks scenery update. the a/c is Mr.Ito's Ercoupe in the paint scheme of the one I owned done by John Humphries.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Home airport Gibson Co, TN (KTGC) with Milton's Beech 18 in a Merc Air paint. It don't get much better than that. (at least for me :d)

mine is at Wake Island with the Ford Tri-Motor (the only default plane i kept)...

this way scenery/plane are all tiny, reducing the initial load...

-feng

KMFD (Mansfield Lahm Regional Airport) which is just a few miles (as the crow flies) from my house. Airplane is the Lockheed Electra L-10A by Flight Sim Design Berlin...one of my favorite all time aircraft.

OBIO

corpse grinder
    KFWN My home field in a Cessna 150 tail number N6676S ( the plane I trained in)

GZR_Sactargets
    In FS9 it is Offutt(KOFF) with the IRIS F-15, In FSX it is Eielson with the Aerosoft F-16.

--Just Flight Mosquito,
    --cold start,
    --parked at my local airport just off the main runway,
    --real time,
    --real weather.

--WH

Default Flight Setup

WoP B-29 "Docs Deadly Dose" Pyote Army Air Field, Pyote, Texas,next to Interstate Highway 20(KPYO my designation microsoft didn't have the ramps and runways that still exist) also referred to as Rattlesnake Bomber Base

Mine changes almost every few days. If I'm checking scenery I'm doing, a new aircraft livery I'm working on, flying a hop, etc. Whatever the last flight of the day was, then that's my default until I fly again, then that one takes over.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Meigs field in Chicago
    Cold start at terminal, WOP P-51H with tanks.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    mine is GTMO, McCalla field Cuba, the airfield on the windward side. AC is anything with a Coast guard paint.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

In FS2004, the default flight is the Howard 500 sitting on the runway marked with an "X" facing into the southerly prevailing winds at DDJ in Frisco, Texas. The airport closed down in real life a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    ...or to go directly into the default flight instead of the introduction screen panel....
    How do I do this?

Right now, my default is WWII Fighters P-51 at Rockford, IL

WH
    With the wisdom of an owl, the courage of a eagle and the grace of a hawk,
    May you fly through the heavens and always land clear. — Unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My default setup is the standard boot screen, then LilSki's Aeronca 7BCM Champ at Riverview Airport (08C) which is a few miles from home. Scenery is by Jim Bosworth but IIRC his site no longer offers Michigan scenery. Got real weather and time set; the plane is shut off but primed and ready to go, parked next to the big hangar. Oddly enough I rarely ever fly the Aeronca nowadays; my current favorite is a slightly modded Lockheed Vega.

My default flight starts on Rwy 34 at Palwaukee Municipal Airport (KPWK) in Wheeling, IL. Default aircraft is Oldliner52's Koolhoven FK58, a beautiful little plane (available here at SOH) that flies very smooth even on my old computer.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    My default flight starts on Rwy 34 at Palwaukee Municipal Airport (KPWK) in Wheeling, IL. Default aircraft is Oldliner52's Koolhoven FK58, a beautiful little plane (available here at SOH) that flies very smooth even on my old computer.
    kool, I took flight lessons there as well as Lansing muni.
    MaddogK

My imagination had me find a new home a few days back. Always wanted a place in the country w/strip. My new start up base is on the S. side of the Wateree Lake that is situated about 7 mi. west of Camden, S.C.

Flying the lake I saw a house with a red barn and a grain bin pack house grouped together and was secluded and right beside the large beautifuly fingered lake. I said that looks like Dave's place! The start up plane is Bill Lyons Goose, cold, with Heather sherman's nice weathered bare aluminum paint, sitting on shore facing the lake, engine off and ready for trips to the various surrounding airports for business or supplies.

Some how I find this imaginable homestead very satisfying when making runs to the other city airports and then head back to my own private ranch. You got to be a good navigator when the weather's bad or at night returning home. Fun to put the tower view on the shore and watch the Goose head out and do touch and go's or wheel landings on the wide shoreline. Can't fly airliners out of it though.

Some professional addons suggest to mantain the original default airport and plane.
    CIAO
    Stefano [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    I still fly out of the default airfield. I have muliple installs. I tried once to change the default in one install and it changed the other installs also, ...so, if anyone knows how to set up multi installs to fly out of different airfields without affecting each other, I would appreciate learning how to do this.

Thanks,

Geary

The new updated Hawker Sea Fury FB11 in RAN livery.
    Townsville International, Townsville, Queensland AU.
    Parked, wings folded, cold start.
    Real weather and time.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
    kool, I took flight lessons there as well as Lansing muni.
    When I was a kid (late 1950's) my uncle and I would occasionally stop by Palwaukee so I could watch the planes. Back then it was owned by Priester Aviation and they had an old Beech 18 or some similar bird mounted on a stick on the Milwaukee Ave. side of the field. I always thought that was neat. Never got to fly until I joined the Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    When I was a kid (late 1950's) my uncle and I would occasionally stop by Palwaukee so I could watch the planes. Back then it was owned by Priester Aviation and they had an old Beech 18 or some similar bird mounted on a stick on the Milwaukee Ave. side of the field. I always thought that was neat. Never got to fly until I joined the Navy.
    Small world, Priester Aviation is where my instructor rented his A/C from and is still there as far as I know, but admit I haven't been that way in a few years. IIRC that plane is still there close to the restaurant parking lot.
    MaddogK

Quote Originally Posted by GearyMcS View Post
    I still fly out of the default airfield. I have muliple installs. I tried once to change the default in one install and it changed the other installs also, ...so, if anyone knows how to set up multi installs to fly out of different airfields without affecting each other, I would appreciate learning how to do this.

Thanks,

Geary
    If you rename your FS9.exe file in each install, it'll generate a separate .cfg file each one that's renamed. Then you can redo the default flight for each one you've renamed. I'd keep one set up default for those addons that look for the default set up.

Hope this helps

for a default flight , i use yan koun's max holste broussard MH1521 out of georender/FSaddon lake wenatchee state park ( 27W )
    "Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt."
    Mahatma Gandhi

those who would trade freedom in order to get safety deserve neither

Members who have read this thread: 0