A2A Piper J3 Cub Paddles

Thread: A2A Piper J3 Cub Paddles

A2A Piper J3 Cub Paddles

I updated to the V1.10 and that added paddles to be mounted on the right hand side. Now when I click on the paddle as in the video it does not detach and I can't paddle the plane using
    the mouse as in the video. Is the Accumsim required for hand towing and the paddles to function?

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=62&t=19734

New Features in v.1.1
    - Paddle to and from a dock or any shoreline with a functional oar. <<<<<<<< This isn't working for me.
    - Make advanced water to land landings with Tundra tires. This allows for safer landings near shorelines and lakes. While the tundras are larger than regular tires, they are not floats, so if you get too slow over the water, they can pull you in and nose over. Be careful and respectful of the dangers of skipping over water. The wave physics are enabled, so you may get some bucking up and down at speed.
    - Hand towing (CONTROLS PANEL). This allows you to slowly pull or push your aircraft after the engine has been shut off.
    - New tie-down physics will hold aircraft steady. If you use the tie down on water, it will simulate a tie down near a dock. The plane will still rock back and forth in the watter, but it will behave as if it is roped down.
    - Audible damage physics. This means if you push an engine, especially if cold, you will hear some slightly different sounds coming from the engine.

I believe this patch applies to the Cub with Accusim, indeed. In the patch notes, some fixes are concerning engine damage and Heidi behavior, which are both directly linked to Accusim.

Yeah, the A2A Cub, without the Accusim package, is just a pretty face. With Accusim, it is awesome! Much fun!

Okay, thanks for the replies. I now have accusim installed and the two patches. I managed to get the Tow/Hand arrows to work. I switched to the Tundra and then all of the four arrows
    would select (in red) but the paddle is not detaching from the float plane yet. Trying to figure out where the sweet spot on the paddle is so that it will work.
    I'm sure that accusim has to be on for things to function. Although, with it off, I can still select the pilots glasses on/off and all the other stuff.

Attachment 7601

Attachment 7602

I didn't know about these updates, Thanks.
    If you have "Steves DX10 Fix" you can enable the shadows in the A2A Cub. It doesn't normally have interior shadows.
    Thanks
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Paddle resolved

I just discovered that you have to be in "Paddle View" for the paddle to detach and then you take your mouse cursor and moving it up and down next to the plane and you
    are paddling just as shown in the video.

They sure wern't up front with that nugget of news. All they said was just click on the paddle and it would work. So, for me, I have to be in Paddle View to work the paddle.
    It's pretty cool though.

Members who have read this thread: 45