"Gentlemen! take your seats... Todays Mission...."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Gentlemen! take your seats... Todays Mission...."

"Gentlemen! take your seats... Todays Mission...."

".... is to provide an air element for those boys on the ground while they train"

yes i'm somewhat back... again, and am already hard at work on Kazunori Ito's lovely 'Little' B-P Defiant.... currently just getting the panel lines on but she's evolving... rapidly! grey is WIP, remainder is untouched... yet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gentlemen.jpg  

2 hours later and the pre-shading is starting to go on... now the life starts to get brought back into it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gentlemen.jpg  

Hey Matt -- Great progress so far. I remember another Ito plane that got a compleat make-over. The Westland Whirlwind. Lionheart touched up the model and added some really nice repaints for her ("Betty Boop"). A panel make-over was included but I dunnoh who did that.

Nice to see you back here with the rest of "the Fun Bunch"...

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

and we're already getting the copy of Master Ito's camouflage on! once camouflage is on i can then think about weathering the old crate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails camo.jpg  

at this point... it's time to start weathering... note the exclusive Squadron codes! perfect you group of bandits
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SOH.jpg  

LOL Matt, I love the squadron markings!

Overall I'm looking forward to the final result.
    This is already looking superb as it is...

Very nice work!

Stuart

i've got to go exfil my graphics tablet from downstairs to do the weathering... it got abducted to do design work (ok... by me, so it wasn't really abducted) on my brothers engagement 'party' invites eugh! shoot me now so i don't have to hear any more about that!

back on track, i plan to do a sharkmouthed Defiant in the all over dull 'night black' yet.... and some true RAF examples which will mean stripping this camo pattern off and redrawing the lot....

Graphics tab successfully exfil. zero casualties, light contact.... so weathering has been progressing well... still got to do the camo on tailplanes and the control surfaces, plus some more weathering but she's getting there....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FS9 2014-04-29 16-54-22-97.jpg   FS9 2014-04-29 16-54-30-72.jpg   FS9 2014-04-29 16-54-38-88.jpg  

Dont want to look like nasty intruder, but i remember long time ago there was paint for Trago Mills Sprint in the works, what happened to it, or my memory is deceiving me again? Oh, and Defiant looks like new different model

was lost when my old PC died sadly, BUT... and it's a big BUT, a proper J-Lo of a but.... i do plan to revisit that little gem

Defiant is slowly getting there... just working on the rudder currently, think next defiant i'll do for some balance will be a Night fighter... most likely with the sharkmouth, both will get a new prop disc too....

Blog Entries
    That is a very attractive paint Matt. Thanks for the progressive screenshots, and good to see you back.

good to be back

well, I have this morning got the tailplane camouflage on and a new prop disc in place.... prop disc isn't finalised yet, still got to punch out some areas and refine others...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails def1.jpg   def2.jpg   def3.jpg  

I did say i'd do a night fighter right? just called her in after going to play chase with 'Jerry' in the early morning hours....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails defnf1_3.jpg   defnf1_2.jpg   defnf1.jpg  

http://www.mediafire.com/download/we...ant_SOH_NF.zip

just uploaded them to my mediafire, should be available now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    was lost when my old PC died sadly, BUT... and it's a big BUT, a proper J-Lo of a but.... i do plan to revisit that little gem

Defiant is slowly getting there... just working on the rudder currently, think next defiant i'll do for some balance will be a Night fighter... most likely with the sharkmouth, both will get a new prop disc too....
    Thanks for the answer, newly painted Defiant will be great replacement for time being

Lightbulb

This prop work better for me ........
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks... i'll tidy up my 'paintkit' then upload that also....

as promised, my paintkit for the thing.....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dz...o_Paintkit.zip

Nice work Matt! Thanks for the download link... Will have a go this evening.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

now to restart the Trago-Mills Sprint!

now to restart the Trago-Mills Sprint!

if it's not a crawl, it's not a walk, not a jog either, or a roll... really it could only be a Sprint.... started about 1.5h ago but already breathing life into the girl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fg.jpg  

http://www.mediafire.com/download/we...ant_SOH_NF.zip

just uploaded them to my mediafire, should be available now.....
    Fine work.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Nice work on the Defiant Matt, despite the flawed concept it is worth having in the hanger.
    Somewhere in my archives I have a photo of a night fighter 'Shark Mouthed' Defiant ......... must search for same.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

just rendered out a latest... OAGI v2 i've called it still a lot of work to do though.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OAGI.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 68