P-40 Warhawk panel V2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P-40 Warhawk panel V2

Cool P-40 Warhawk panel V2

Hi,
    i have just uploaded my P-40 Warhawk panel.
    Hope you like it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P-40_panel2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	6142

Quote Originally Posted by gius View Post
    Hi,
    i have just uploaded my P-40 Warhawk panel.
    Hope you like it.

Name:	P-40_panel2.jpg 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	6142
    it looks good! thank u
    cheers
    Mario

P-40 Heaven

I've got a folder called 'P-40 Heaven' because P-40's are my favorite aircraft. Your panel will find a warm welcome there, Gius. Thank you.

Cheers;
    Great to be here......great to be anywhere

Cfs2 P-40 wide panel.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Panels Add-Ons

Description: A panel in high resolution for the P-40 Warhawks models by Iris Simulation.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Cfs2 P-40 wide panel.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hi guys,
    let me know your impressions about it, please....
    Bye
    Gius

Looks great Gius. Which P40 model is it for? KM, FDG2 or another?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog22 View Post
    Looks great Gius. Which P40 model is it for? KM, FDG2 or another?
    Watchdog, it's for the Iris Warhawk, but, replacing the VC entries in Panel.cfg, you can adapt it to every model.
    Thanks for your opinion,
    Gius

Very nice looking P-40 panel, and this is from someone who doesn't hardly fly CFS2.

One minor note though, Look at the framing on either side of the windscreen. On models with the diagonal bracing, it isn't symmetrical from left to right. It took a while for me to notice this in photographs.

- Ivan.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Very nice looking P-40 panel, and this is from someone who doesn't hardly fly CFS2.

One minor note though, Look at the framing on either side of the windscreen. On models with the diagonal bracing, it isn't symmetrical from left to right. It took a while for me to notice this in photographs.

- Ivan.
    Hi Ivan,
    congrats firstly for your outstanding Cfs1 planes!! Now i'm cooperating with Gaucho_59 in order to improve my bitmap, but i'll look more attently at the photos to correct my panel,
    Thanks,
    Gius

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Un gran bel lavoro, Gius! (A great job, Gius!)

Although I do not use a 16:9 monitor, this panel looks real nice and real close to WWII Warhawk cockpit pictures I saw.

I repute myself lucky I was able to get a nice 4:3 19" LCD Philips Brilliance three years ago, I wish I had more spending guts and got a 21" instead, but the bigger size was not on sale and its price was a bit off my budget! Now 4:3 monitors are almost impossible to find, but CFS2 looks so much better on them!

Back to topic. If I may offer a suggestion Gius, the instrument layout is as faithful as it can be to the real one, but you need a radiator temperature gauge in place of the cylinder head temp., normally utilised for air-cooled radials.
    You can get it from either Spitfire or Hurricane CFS1 gauge set or from MAPE Luftwaffe multi-engine gauge set. Gauge n.1 usually works for single-engined aircrafts, besides it looks real close to those early USAAF round radiator gauges.

Do not use the rad gauge included in CFS1 P-51 Mustang set: it simply does not work, the temperature reading is always the same, from cold engine at startup to hot engine at full power.

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Quote Originally Posted by gius View Post
    Hi Ivan,
    congrats firstly for your outstanding Cfs1 planes!! Now i'm cooperating with Gaucho_59 in order to improve my bitmap, but i'll look more attently at the photos to correct my panel,
    Thanks,
    Gius
    Hello Gius,

Thanks for the compliment for the CFS1 stuff.

Believe it or not, I have also been looking at building a late model long-tail P-40 from my very old P-40E. The problem is that although I designed the P-40E with William Wylam's dimensional drawings as a reference, just simply adding a 20.7 inch plug before the Fin and Rudder doesn't make the aircraft look right any more. I believe that was all that was done on the real aircraft but doing that to my model makes it disagree with photographs of the actual aeroplane. I am still looking for Fuselage Station drawings to see what the actual changes were.

One other comment about the P-40 Panel: I believe all models of the P-40 actually had three fuel tanks installed. I believe your panel only shows a Main and Aux tank. There are two tanks installed in tandem in the wing center section under the cockpit floor and a cylindrical tank installed behind the cockpit. I cheated a bit on my P-40s by using the fuel selector from the stock CFS1 FW 190A.

- Ivan.

It looks very nice and I will download it.

However, I am of two minds about it:
    1. I like the way the black central panel stands out forward from the rear green areas. That is a 3d effect, illusory, but good.

2.On the same theme, sometimes I think that the black fore panel does not seem to blend too well with the rear green areas, as if it does not belong...

It is weird how things look one moment this way, and the next moment the other way.

However, congratulations on a fine product that I will get if I can find it. (I have problems locating things in the library through its 'search' window.

Nick

I am pretty sure the black main control panel is correct. At least thats what colour photographs show. Keep in mind the exact arrangement of gauges differs slightly from one model to the next. The "Gypsy Rose" version for example didn't have an Artificial Horizon.

- Ivan.

Hello guys,
    Thanks for the appreciations:
    1) to Ivan and Stefano: i'm preparing a new version of my panel with the help of Gaucho_59, who is a friend of mine and also a good artist, so i can upload a new version that will include modifies both to the bitmap and to the gauges, i will use your suggestions.
    2) to Jinx: i must say that is the first panel entirely made by me so i have still much to learn, but i'm hoping, in the future, to considerably improve my techniques.
    Bye,
    Gius

Cool P-40 Warhawk panel V2

Hello,
    this is the updated Warhawk panel, that i've made according the suggestions kindly provided by Gaucho_59; it includes the modifies requested by other folks...
    Thanks to all.

Name:	new_p40_panel.jpg 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	7300

Very, very nice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries

Very nice... very nice...

There is net improvement! Bravo!!!

Nonostante ... (e te lo dico in italiano cosi rimane tra di noi) Ci sono ancora dei problemini caro Gius...
    quella manovela di selezione serbatoi di carburante... sembra sospesa in aria...
    a cosa e attacata... secondo me, ci starebbe meglio sopra il panello... ed essatamente quello che ho
    sottolineato in quest'ultima edizione del tutorial.... con un attimino di dettagli tipo drop-shadow... ect.

In ogni modo... mi congratulo...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    There is net improvement! Bravo!!!

Nonostante ... (e te lo dico in italiano cosi rimane tra di noi) Ci sono ancora dei problemini caro Gius...
    quella manovela di selezione serbatoi di carburante... sembra sospesa in aria...
    a cosa e attacata... secondo me, ci starebbe meglio sopra il panello... ed essatamente quello che ho
    sottolineato in quest'ultima edizione del tutorial.... con un attimino di dettagli tipo drop-shadow... ect.

In ogni modo... mi congratulo...
    Grazie Carlos,
    ma il selettore è esattamente lì, non sul pannello, ho visto le fotografie, per il drop shadow vedrò, ma mi sembra che non sia necessario, dato che ho già provveduto a disegnare i cerchi in colore chiaro attorno agli alloggiamenti degli strumenti. Comunque ti ringrazio molto per il commento e gli apprezzamenti, li tengo molto in considerazione, ho ancora moltiiiiissimo da imparare da te!!!!
    Abbracci,
    Giuseppe

Blog Entries

Ho capito...

Ora ho capito tutto...

Hai raggione.. la posizione e giusta... vedi questi diagrami...

ma... come vedi... e attaccata ad un membretto verticale (shim) ... percio' dovrebbe
    essere (dalla prospettiva) non circolare ma ellitica in sagoma....

circolare come e' sembrarebe proprio di fronte a 90 gradi... ergo la mia perplessita' (quando ho detto che sembra sospessa in aria)

La miglior soluzione e' quella di aggiungere la shim verticale... e fare il disegno secondo il punto di vista
    della prospettiva generale... te ga capio? Per questo che io consiglio sempre di andare avanti
    paso-a-paso.... lavorando it textures in strati (layers) fino che tutto non e' definitivamente piazzato, sagomato e dipinto ....
    se in vece tu non hai l'originale ancora in layers... c'e un lavoro Erculeo da fare... per corregere dei piccolo dettagli....

Devo scapare dal medico... subito dopo ti faccio... un disegnino per corregere questo piccolo dettaglio...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P40edwg1.jpg  

Blog Entries

Eccomi, di ritorno dal dottore.....

eccomi ancora...

e qui il disegno illustrativo sul che da fare...

capisci meglio adesso?P.S. by the way... the flight data card holders look very good... I have not added them in my personal version yet...

Infatti... il disegno del manuale inganna un po', l'ageggio e' attacato al shim... ma non sul laterale... ma infatti...

nell'asse longitudinale, percio la tua postaione e giusta... dovrebbe essere circolare... piu' o meno...

devo fare un altro disegnino... per spiegarmi meglio... cioe attaccato al shim... ma rotondo... beh insomma
    non perfettamente circolare... ma un po' ovale secondo la prospettiva... lo mostro in continuazione su'n'altro post...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P40edwg 2.jpg  
    Last edited by gaucho_59; April 25th, 2014 at 18:22. Reason: addendum

That little triangular section exists on some P-40K models I believe which would explain why the earlier model canopy is being shown. I don't believe it exists on aircraft earlier than the late K models. On the P-40N, that triangular section also exists, but the canopy bottom rail is shaped differently.

I believe that on any model where the asymmetrical window frame exists, the bottom triangular section is opaque.

- Ivan the Rivet Counter.

Icon22 Reply...

Gius,

This looks outstanding, keep up the good work!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Blog Entries
    e qui il disegno illustrativo finale sul che da fare...
    spero aver reso l'idea... a risentirci domain via Skype...

Members who have read this thread: 43