Jump Drives / "Ready Boost"

Thread: Jump Drives / "Ready Boost"

Jump Drives / "Ready Boost"

About 2 weeks ago I bought 2- 8 gig jump drives. I plugged one in the front slot and was immediately asked if I wanted to use that drive as "Ready Boost", I choose yes and was amazed that it smoothed things out. I have since moved it to a rear slot and it still amazes me.
    FSX is smoother too with no lags, or hesitations or jumpy pans. Everything is just smoother.
    I may be wrong but I think it uses that drive to place swap files and it's faster than the hard drive is/was.
    I think I paid all of $6.00 each for them but I would try for maybe 16 or 32 gig drives next month.
    Try it, It just may be a benefit to you.
    If you are using a SSD or Flash card already this may not work.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

8 Gb? My FSX has a near 200 Gb....
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

If you have 200 gb why are you even looking at this? Would it be that you are trying to give everyone a virus? MalwareBytes blocked a millisus cookie from you on my post.
    I think you need to be blocked.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Would it be that you are trying to give everyone a virus? MalwareBytes blocked a millisus cookie from you on my post.
    I think you need to be blocked.
    http://zeltser.com/combating-malicio...-websites.html
    Please uninstall this unsupported free tool and feel free to give me specific reasons why do you think like this.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    http://zeltser.com/combating-malicio...-websites.html
    Please uninstall this unsupported free tool and feel free to give me specific reasons why do you think like this.
    Ya'll watch yourself on this thread, Mr Yo-Yo is being nice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	7354
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Joe, the administrators have checked YoYoSim for malware. With the tools generally used to check and prevent such issues YoYoSims doesn't appear to be or cause and problems at all. Rest assured all is ok for now. Yo Yo is a big participant at SOH and I am sure he would want to know if there were any problems.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Why does he have to jump into a thread with a remerk of "Oh, I have 200Gigs, is that all you have is 8" just to place cookies on my machine? It's not alright.
    How many more people or companies place cookies in threads? WHY !!!!!!!!
    I don't want to tracked by anyone or any company especially in a thread on SOH.

I will make it a point to not buy any products that Mr Yo-Yo has to sell.

Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Ok Joe you have made your point and thanks for the heads up and warning. With that I am closing this thread. SOH continues it vigilance by some of the best in the business to protect us from malware. At this point no problems have been found with YoYoSims.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 31