Akemi'a A6M2 Zero - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Akemi'a A6M2 Zero

Blog Entries

I never raised any issues with morton's repaints!!!!

If you read my first post.... I said how beautiful his work is... I ASKED FOR INFORMATION
    ON ANY PROGRAM IN USE FOR THE 3D COCKPITS!!! Look at the response for any issues...

I consider this matter closed...

CFS1 Control Panel

Hello Morton, gaucho_59, et al.

Here is my take on a A6M control panel using instruments from stock CFS1 aircraft. The panel isn't intended to be ultra realistic; it is intended to look enough like the actual A6M panel but have as much utility as a stock Microsoft panel.

Morton, I actually created this panel by heavily editing a screenshot of a heavily modified VCockpit model. To get the perspective right, the panel model doesn't even come close to fitting inside the aircraft. Also, I found that the framing is generally too thick, so that has also been modified in the VCockpit model. I believe the effect is more noticeable in a flight sim versus the real aircraft becase we can't easily move our heads to see around a frame or use binocular vision so that the frame in our view doesn't block an object from BOTH eyes at the same time. I did this about a year ago and didn't know that you had suggested doing the same thing.

The discussion regarding its creation along with some other details about the A6M2 Model 21b is here:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-A6M3-Model-22

Regarding the "proper" colour for the paint on the early A6M2, it is a subject of long debate among J-aircraft enthusiasts. I put my take on the proper colour on my version of the Model 21b which can be seen here. The minimum width of a panel line on a CFS1 model is generally somewhere above 1/2 inch and probably closer to 1 inch FWIW.

There is also a pretty good discussion here. If you want any of the attachments I uploaded and can't get to them, just let me know.
    http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...tery-zero.html

In case you hadn't guessed, the A6M Rei Shiki Sentoki is one of my favourite aircraft and that is how I originally found this thread.

Regards and pardon the diversion.
    - Ivan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A6M2_RFHigh.jpg   A6M Panel.jpg  

Nice job Morton - as usual. Thanks
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Members who have read this thread: 53