Flying Supersonic. Tu-144 'Charger' v3.5 - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Flying Supersonic. Tu-144 'Charger' v3.5

Sorry for the delay guys, this has taken me longer than expected. I'll write a doc file that's basically an amalgamation of Sean's instructions, my observations, the Russian YouTube vids, and my translations of the Russian documents to Serbian which I speak, into a checklist form that's easy to follow.

I have completed numerous flights from UUDD-UAAA - Moscow Domodedovo to Almaty (which not long ago got a nice little freeware scenery for FSX on avsim.su btw) - since I figured out why the fuel system was resetting for me at random (I'll include an explanation why this happens of course).
    Adonis/NSAdonis (depends on where).
    Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Members +

INS guide

I'd love to have an understandable INS guide, since I can understand 0 of any of those russian videos. Can't wait for your INS guide!

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael0607 View Post
    I'd love to have an understandable INS guide, since I can understand 0 of any of those russian videos. Can't wait for your INS guide!
    I'm just left with adequate explanations of a few terms from one of my Russian friends and then I'll be finished with it

Members +

expectation

Hey Adonis,
    when do you think you can post the guide for the INS? in the coming week, or month?
    (not to be pushy, I just can't wait to learn the aircraft )

Hey Adonis,
    when do you think you can post the guide for the INS? in the coming week, or month?
    (not to be pushy, I just can't wait to learn the aircraft )
    Next 2 weeks abouts. And it won't deal with the INS only, but with flying the plane all together

There is still a lot of bugs with Tu-144D. I recommend most people if interested in Russian aviation to fly with Tu-154B-2 or Tu-134A-3 (latest Tu-134A-3 from avsim.su is not too bad). Tu-154 has NVU, INS, GPS, radio navigation which gives you many options. Tu-134 fly with RSBN, NAS-1 or radio navigation.

In Tu-144, similar INS (different from I-21) exists. It is not very complicated and I never had time to write manual. It is good Adonis make this. Hopefully Russian aviation will be more popular instead of only Airbus and Boeing in the vatsim skies.

Quote Originally Posted by vl82m View Post
    There is still a lot of bugs with Tu-144D. I recommend most people if interested in Russian aviation to fly with Tu-154B-2 or Tu-134A-3 (latest Tu-134A-3 from avsim.su is not too bad). Tu-154 has NVU, INS, GPS, radio navigation which gives you many options. Tu-134 fly with RSBN, NAS-1 or radio navigation.

In Tu-144, similar INS (different from I-21) exists. It is not very complicated and I never had time to write manual. It is good Adonis make this. Hopefully Russian aviation will be more popular instead of only Airbus and Boeing in the vatsim skies.
    What bugs exactly? I might have come across one with the ABSU vertical going up and down all the time above like 500km/h. First time ever happened to me after numerous flights. If I go manual on the vertical channel all is well.

Bug is with control inputs mostly, from the joystick configuration. It is easy to set it all up, but the airplane many times forgets the settings. Also there is few bugs with the engineers system, causing engine start to become impossible randomly. Then every 1 flight out of 3 the aircraft starts vibrating/shaking violently when transiting to the speed of sound.

It's possible this only happens for me, however in Russian forum I have read similar issues.

Members +

Updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
    Next 2 weeks abouts. And it won't deal with the INS only, but with flying the plane all together
    Hey Adonis,

Any updates on the guide?

Raphael.

Hey Adonis,

Any updates on the guide?

Raphael.
    Been a bit busy with RL commitments, and had a problem with the autopilot vertical channel acting up. I think I fixed that too, so it's fix is another addition to the manual itself. Plus, I have all the unknowns now sorted. The damn thing can do SID/STAR as long as it's max 9 waypoints Haven't tested it out myself yet tho.

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
    Been a bit busy with RL commitments, and had a problem with the autopilot vertical channel acting up. I think I fixed that too, so it's fix is another addition to the manual itself. Plus, I have all the unknowns now sorted. The damn thing can do SID/STAR as long as it's max 9 waypoints Haven't tested it out myself yet tho.

Nice! Good to hear.

Hi All,

A couple of quick questions - does this plane work in P3D v2.5? Does it recognize GoFlight modules? (I have the full airliner GF setup). I still have problems with the loads - switching to VC from 2D initially causes the viewpoint to roll upwards so I'm looking at the ceiling...external view rolls up to directly above the plane, looking down at it....
    Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim B.
    R/W Cessna 172 Pilot
    Captain, SWVA, NorCal Hub

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy3 View Post
    Hi All,

A couple of quick questions - does this plane work in P3D v2.5? Does it recognize GoFlight modules? (I have the full airliner GF setup). I still have problems with the loads - switching to VC from 2D initially causes the viewpoint to roll upwards so I'm looking at the ceiling...external view rolls up to directly above the plane, looking down at it....
    Thanks,
    Jim
    The solution to the problem of the viewpoint is in this thread. You should configure the joystick utility of the arcraft. Check this thread from the beginning.

Oops, sorry, I missed the explanation about fixing the view...I have not yet done the joystick setup. What about my GF modules, particularly the MCP Pro?

I know this plane is specifically for FSX....does anyone know/has anyone tried to get it to work in P3D v2.5?

Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim B.
    R/W Cessna 172 Pilot
    Captain, SWVA, NorCal Hub

There might be some issues with the engineer panel in p3d, but its no loss as freeware if it doesn't work, so try it out.
    Does anyone else have these issues? The plane crashes FSX when using live weather, and sometimes the airspeed indicator and vertical regime indicator stop working and read 0. even pressing shift z doesn't work, as that reads 0 too

Anyone know where to find the deice switches? Also, does anyone have this issue: when using this plane and live or custom weather, FSX crashes?

Members +

Guide

Hello Adonis,

Do you have any updates about the guide you were making?
    I'd really like to get it.

Raphaël.

New problem with the Tu-144d, I can't transfer fuel for supersonic flight. The lights indicating fuel transfer come on, but the needle stays at 40%.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-12-15_10-58-34-934.jpg  

I'm resurrecting this thread! Adonis, any update on your manual and fixes? Also, I got the plane sort of working in FSX:SE, and can transfer fuel around, but for some reason, when breaking the sound barrier, the airplane still pitches down aggressively, even after transferring fuel aft and after the fixes from page 1 of this thread. I would really appreciate any help

Guys, any thoughts or updates here?

Guy, any patience there?

Haven't seen Adonis around here in ages, so you're poised to wait for quite a while.

It's not just an update from Adonis, I've also got this weird issue I've never had before with this plane

FWIW I saw yesterday a English Manual for this a/c at Simviation just posted.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    FWIW I saw yesterday a English Manual for this a/c at Simviation just posted.
    This may just be the best news I've gotten today...

Members who have read this thread: 51