Bf109

Thread: Bf109

Bf109

Has anyone ever made a model of the BF109 for FSX, any version

Bf-109K by Flight Replicas for FSX (pretty good too)

Flight Replicas bf-109K-4 - http://www.flight-replicas.com/Bf-109K_FSX.htm

A2A Wings-of-Power http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/solo/bf109/. It's originally an FS9 model, but there's a patch on their forums to make it FSX native.

Doesn't Flight Replicas have a K-4 in the works?

- Edit:
    Too slow in every regard. Gettin' old...

Thanx guys, much appreciated!!

The A2A Bf109E

and the Flight Replica's Bf109K

Cheers,
    Huub

The Flight Replicas Bf-109 is a blast, I love it !
    And also, I believe it might be the hardest plane to land in my hangar.

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The Flight Replicas Bf-109 is a blast, I love it !
    And also, I believe it might be the hardest plane to land in my hangar.
    I agree - landing in the hangar is hard
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I am missing G-2, G-6 or any G-model. Have not found anything but one "port over" payware (i.e. reasonably well made). No native FSX at all.

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    lol

Actually, it is the take-off characteristics I find "hot", whether on the A2A Emil or the FR Kurfurst.

They are both great and you can consider getting both, one doesn't make the other redundent.

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PHo17 View Post
    I am missing G-2, G-6 or any G-model. Have not found anything but one "port over" payware (i.e. reasonably well made). No native FSX at all.
    The G series should be along at some point. Just have to find the time! As they say, so much to do and so little time to do it in....

Have been looking forward to the eventual Flight Replicas Bf 109G's, while enjoying the K-4 immensely. Numerous 109's are under restoration to airworthy right now, with Daimler-Benz engines (DB601 and DB605), once thought near extinct, seemingly coming out of the woodwork in recent years for these projects.

Bf 109E-1 (C.5-88) - under restoration for Robs Lamplaugh (England) - (very early model, Spanish Civil War vet, with the "rounded" braced canopy).
    Bf 109E-7 (1983) - under restoration for Air Fighter Academy (Germany).
    Bf 109E-7 (2023) - under restoration for the Military Aviation Museum/Fighter Factory (U.S.).
    Bf 109E-7 (3523) - at Planes of Fame/Fighter Rebuilders, pending restoration for Dan/Tom Friedkin (U.S.) - (engine already under rebuild with Mike Nixon).
    Multiple Bf 109F projects under restoration in Hungary and the U.S. (there's a company in Colorado which has the remains of three or four original Bf 109F's alone, said to be under restoration).
    Bf 109G-6 (410077) - at Midwest Aero Restorations, under restoration for Bruce Winter (U.S.) - (owner of the P-51 "Happy Jack's Go Buggy").
    Bf 109G-6 (440738) - under restoration for Air Fighter Academy (Germany) - (very near completion).
    Bf 109G-4 (converted Buchon) - under restoration for the Military Aviation Museum/Fighter Factory (U.S.) - (very near completion).
    Bf 109G-12 (converted Buchon) - under rebuild/conversion for Air Fighter Academy (Germany) - (the G-12 is the two-seat trainer variant).
    HA 112 Buchon - under restoration in standard configuration at Planes of Fame, Chino (U.S.).

Several other examples in private hands in various states of restoration.

Unfortunately all three of the airworthy Bf 109's in Germany (Buchon conversions) operated by EADS/Messerschmitt Stiftung are currently down for major servicing and/or repairs. The only original Bf 109 currently active is the Flying Heritage Collection's Bf 109E. The once flying Canadian-based Bf 109E, owned by the Russel Group, has been sitting hangared for several years now, available for sale (in need of a very spendy prop and possibly engine overhaul (due to the hours on them being up)). The only Buchons currently active are the two based at Duxford, England.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

FWIW Just Flight had an 'Emil' as part of their Battle of Britain series.

The JF Emil is very nice, with removable panels and an assortment of colour schemes including Spanish Civil War, Japanese trial and French captured as well as the more usual Luftwaffe.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Members who have read this thread: 114