Problems with antialiasing and texture filtering in DX10

Thread: Problems with antialiasing and texture filtering in DX10

Hybrid View

Problems with antialiasing and texture filtering in DX10

Hello to everyone. This is my first post, so please be patient if a make any mistakes. I am eager to accept any constructive comment.

Computer specifications: Laptop, Intel Core i3 @ 2.30 GHz, ATI Radeon 7670M, 4GB of RAM, FSX SP2.

I have always run FSX in DX9 mode. Since I tried DX10, I could see an increase in FPS, but no matter what I do, I cannot get the Antialiasing nor the Anisotropic Filtering to work in FSX DX10. In DX9, they both work perfectly.

I have tried everything, always having antialiasing and Anisotropic checked inside FSX. My fsx.cfg says:

[GRAPHICS]
    MultiSamplesPerPixel=8
    MultiSampleQuality=16

These are my RadeonPro settings:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RP settings 1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	6561

Name:	RP settings 2.jpg 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	6562

Name:	RP settings 3.jpg 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	6563

Name:	RP settings 4.jpg 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	6564

And this is what I get in FSX (with DX10 Scenery Fixer).

Attachment 6559

Name:	2014-4-6_10-37-43-90.jpg 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	6560

I would like to be able to have nice visuals in DX10. It looks very promising, but as far as I'm going, I would stick to DX9 because in there the AA and AF work correctly. If somebody could help me to get Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering to work for me, I will really appreaciate it.

Thanks.

Another image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-4-6_10-36-9-855.jpg  

Yet another image (larger size and better quality for the last picture of the first post).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-4-6_10-37-43-90.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by The320Pilot View Post
    This is my first post, so please be patient if a make any mistakes
    Don't worry about it, 320. I just need to see your fsx.cfg if you can attach it here, or post it. The pics are too small to get a good view of aa problems. Have you read the DX10 How-To guide?

All the Best, ( and will be back tomorrow!)

pj

i7-4790K@4.8 gig, using EK-Supreme HF waterblock, LG 43" 4K; MSI 2060; 32 gig G.Skill Trident GTX @2400; Win 10-64; Homebuilt cockpit; MD-80-style throttle quadrant; TrackIR5

Quote Originally Posted by Paul J View Post
    The pics are too small to get a good view of aa problems.
    In the picture of the Dragonair A320 where you can see its starboard side, can you see that the asphalt surface looks very grainy? I think that has to do with the anisotropic filtering not working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by The320Pilot View Post
    In the picture of the Dragonair A320 where you can see its starboard side, can you see that the asphalt surface looks very grainy? I think that has to do with the anisotropic filtering not working correctly.

The pics are too small to get a good view of aa problems. This is what AF set wrongly looks like - more "blurry" than "grainy". Can you post your fsx.cfg, please?

pj

i7-4790K@4.8 gig, using EK-Supreme HF waterblock, LG 43" 4K; MSI 2060; 32 gig G.Skill Trident GTX @2400; Win 10-64; Homebuilt cockpit; MD-80-style throttle quadrant; TrackIR5

Members who have read this thread: 27