Dx10 port-over screenshots

Thread: Dx10 port-over screenshots

Dx10 port-over screenshots

Here's JBK's Shorts Scylla, an Fs9 model showing some nice self-shadowing in Dx10 with Steve's Fixer set for legacy aircraft self shadowing...

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Now that Aerosoft are bringing out a native PC-6, time to retire the FSD port-over although she did sterling service in FsX Dx9 and latterly Dx10...

SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Blog Entries

DX10, Portovers, Fixer ...

Now that I have a machine running DX10 - have discovered the FS9 portover issue.

So about this "fixer" - what are we talking about? The closest I could find was a payware scenery fixer - is this what we're talking about?

http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...oducts_id=2630

I'm struggling to rationalize paying for something to enable FS9 era products - but the thought of forever losing the AS Phantoms, Crusaders, C9 Phantom, Fnerg's Firefly, and, the AFG Caravelle, the HJG jets, and the Calclassics stuff is almost unbearable ... And of course, disabling DX10 really slows down the FPS on those ports ....

Thanks Roger and anyone else who is willing to illuminate this latecomer ...

DL

Yep that's the one DL and here's the link to Steve's forum... http://forum.avsim.net/forum/644-the...support-forum/
    SYSTEM :

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    I'm struggling to rationalize paying for something to enable FS9 era products
    It's not just that you're "upgrading" your old FS9/DX9 aircraft - IMHO, DX10 is a lot smoother and more stable than a fully loaded DX9. I was beginning to run into OOM problems with my *seriously overloaded* DX9 setup. Like you, I couldn't couldn't bear the thought of trimming back any of my add-ons or scrapping aircraft from my extensive fleet just to make DX9 "flyable" again.

DX10 sorted all that for me - and I think it looks a lot better as well. It's not a frame-rate "magic bullet" by any means, but I get less stutters, micro-pauses etc. so even though the sim is actually slower (particularly in dense cloud) the whole experience is a lot better.

I used to have some payware aircraft converter (I forget the name now) - but even that failed on many aircraft. Steve's Fixer has "fixed" far more aircraft. The only ones it struggles with are really old (or badly coded) ones. 99.99% of my fleet work well.

Of course, the *long-term* future is undoubtedly P3D, but the Fixer has given me a whole heap of pleasure from my FSX setup. There's no rush for me to go P3D - particuarly as they still have some issues to sort out.

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Cool

Beautifully detailed aircraft Roger. Your anti aliasing is working overtime on the guy wires!
    Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    It's not just that you're "upgrading" your old FS9/DX9 aircraft - IMHO, DX10 is a lot smoother and more stable than a fully loaded DX9.

That's a good point, Adam - and as I contemplate which of my current addons give me the most enjoyment, astonishingly, roughly half are FS9 portovers. Ironically, I'm at least as, if not more - attached to the Calclassic / MAIW scenery - so I'm curious to see how much of that can still remain passably functional in my new DX10 world.

Good thought-provoking commentary - much appreciated.

DL

Members who have read this thread: 29