DX10 "How-To" Guide.

Thread: DX10 "How-To" Guide.

Lightbulb DX10 "How-To" Guide.

Folks - I have been participating in a good number of forums over the last two years, engaged in the unofficial side of helping bring Steve's DX10 patch, and later, the SteveFX DX10 Scenery Fixer to the flightsim community at large. It's been pretty successful, given that we now have a growing number of FS Addon developer groups, companies and organizations who are now including DX10 in their development testing cycle. This outcome, and much of the documentation below has been the result of many, many pieces of shared tips from forum members, information from technical resources, hours of Googling, testing, badgering those devs, and working through the differences between 10 and the earlier API's, and are really the results of a lot of team work from many people.

Given the success of Steve's Fixer as of May, 2014, I reckon my role in bringing it to the FSX community at large is slowly dwindling, and that my input here is not as important or effective as it once may have been. I also have to tell you - this is very much an "up and down" process for me, and the path is not as clear-cut as one might wish for. In this light I have asked Roger to download and take the published docs below, plus the source docs, into his care, as his own, and to use, re-publish and/or modify them as he wishes. They will remain on my Dropbox until such times as Roger feels comfortable in taking them over, and this may take a month or so.

"The graveyards are full of indispensable men" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Thanks everyone, All the very Best,

pj

Steve's Official DX10 Scenery Fixer Support

The DX-10 Guide rev. May 16th, 2014........ DX10 Scenery Fixer User Manual

AA Settings Table.................................... Frame Killers

AF setting in Inspector.............................. Alacrity setup

Fixer Pics ............................................... Inspector - DX10 settings

Spinning Aircraft....................................... Ground Shadows

Test flight example ................................... BufferPools

Stock HLSL folder pic .................................Stock ShadersHLSL

Cockpit Shadows in the A2A Cub ................. Cockpit Shadowing How-To

Anacortes, frames at 20............................. Rick Piper Chippie - FSGRW over Anacortes

Clouds .................................................. .
    Water

Miscellaneous...

VAS - Desktop Heap Limitation..................... Overclocking the i7-9XX and i5 - i7-2XXX Series

Tools & Notes for Correcting Textures .......... SweetFX folder pics

D3DOverrider
    ........................................... DotNet Tools

LCD Monitors ........................................... Default Flight

CCC 32-bit
    ............................................... CCC 64-bit

ATI Driver removal Tool.............................. How-To manually uninstall ATI Drivers

Steve's AMD AA Summary
    .......................... Phil Taylor's Blog

Steve's Blog
    ............................................ Maddog

UIAutomationCore.dll
    ................................ PseudoFullScreen RTR

DX10 Tutorials .........................................Bits and Bytes Conversion

Last edited by Paul J; May 6th, 2014 at 13:51. Reason: DropBox Security Change

i7-4790K@4.8 gig, using EK-Supreme HF waterblock, LG 43" 4K; MSI 2060; 32 gig G.Skill Trident GTX @2400; Win 10-64; Homebuilt cockpit; MD-80-style throttle quadrant; TrackIR5

Many thanks for all your efforts Paul!
    I have as you suggested downloaded all your docs so all that invaluable information is held for all users of this forum.
    I wish you all the best for your forum retirement and hope that we will see you, when the whim takes you, on our Dx10 forum from time to time with nuggets of Dx10 wisdom.

All the best,

Roger.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Best wishes PaulJ...I think stepping away from ever logging in and posting on a FS forum would be as bad as kicking a nicotine habit.
    Like I once said: "You will run, but you'll never hide!"
    I'll be sure to stop by from time to time and lend a hand when it's appropriate to do so.
    This sums it up for me: "THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!"

Happy Contrails ,
    Rod O., aka TheFamilyMan
    i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz/4.3Ghz cache | 2x4GB Samsung green @ 2133 9-10-10-24 T1 1.55v | Asus Z87-Pro | MSI gtx 780 TF gaming OC
    Corsair TX-750 | Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E |
    SSD: Sandisk 480GB (system), Samsung 250GB (FSX) | HD: 1T, 1T, 2T
    Asus 24" 2ms HD monitor | Saitek X52 Pro and petals | TrackIR 4

FSX: DX10 Fixer | REX 4
    | ASN | UTX USA/EUR/AK | GEX NA/EUR | FSGenesis mesh | FTX PNW/NorCal/NZSI | SceneryTech LC USA/EUR/Asia | Accufeel
    CFS: Rise of Flight | IL-2 HSFX

Arrrgh! Sorry to hear this news, Paul.

I'm not *quite* as old as you :lol: but have been around online forums since before the internet (Fidonet). I've seen the signal to noise ratio deteriorate steadily over the years. What used to be polite, helpful, self-controlling and generally friendly has turned into petty, back-biting arena for bloated egos. Sadly, it reflects the times we live in.

I can't say I blame you, but the more people like yourself that jump ship, the worse it gets. Needless to say, I'll miss your cool, helpful and balanced posts.

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

That is a darned shame, but thank you for all your input and help in my DX10 travels.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Paul,
    this are very sad news for all DX10 user,but when the time has come for this step---i can understand it.
    I want to thank you so much for your outstanding help at every time.
    Enjoy your retirement,have a great time and hopefully we will see you from time to time on this great forum.
    I wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart.
    Mike

Just a quick note to say Paul has passed the baton onto me (!) - and I'm steadily working my way through the "goodies" that he compiled for us:

DX10 "How-to" Guide - a new home!

Adamski.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Sorry to hear you are leaving, I would like to say a big thank you for all your help, Paul and great success in whatever you turn your mind to.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    I7 3700k @ 4.5 ghz, 2 x 8 gig 2133ghz ram, Evga gtx 780 classified, samsung 840 pro 250 gig ssd for op system, Win 7 64 bit ultimate, Samsung 840 evo for fsx photo scenery, 600 gig wd velocraptor for fsx, creative XFI fatality sound card.

Members who have read this thread: 40