Sim Skunk Works PA-200 "Tornado" Project announcement
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sim Skunk Works PA-200 "Tornado" Project announcement

Sim Skunk Works PA-200 "Tornado" Project announcement

Hi All,
    We are glad to announce that the developing of Panavia PA-200 "Tornado" has begun.
    Extimated time for release: last quarter,2014,for the first two version: IDS and Gr/1. Other version will be evaluated step by step.
    Here are briefly the main features for the initial releases:

MODEL
    High detailed model, fullyanimated;
    High detailed 3D cockpit, fully animated andworking;
    Frame rate friendly in single and multi player,availablein two versions:
    - 'SOLO' for single player use;
    - 'UBUNTU'optimized for multiplayer;
    - Complete dynamic 3D-lights systemsboth internal and external.

TEXTURES
    High detailed,high definition, SSW 'redux' tecnology.
    Available liveries:
    -Italian Air Force: NATO camouflage,”Desert Storm” and latestmonogrey;
    - Germany Air Force: Luftwaffe and Marinefliegerversions (early and latest camouflages)
    - Royal air Force: NATOcamouflage,”Desert Storm” and latest monogrey;
    - Royal SaudiAir Force: Standard camouflage painting.

SYSTEMS
    - Realsystem will be simulated at maximum extent possible, full cockpitsharing will be implemented.
    - Flight dynamics modeled 99% closeto real airplane, wing sweep, and fully articulated wings;
    - DDIS(Dynamic Drag Index System);
    - Almost fully functional radar withterrain following, terrain avoidance (not in the first release);
    -Aircraft configurator for payload and refuelling;
    - Air refuellingin both single and multiplayer mode, in single player a KC-135 tankercan be called during flight;
    - Payload fully congruent in bothsingle and multiplayer mode;
    - Payload drop changes in real timeairplane weight, balance and drag index (DDIS)
    - HUD implemented;

vACMI
    - SSW PANAVIA TORNADO will have vACMI nativelyimplemented, it will be able to drop/launch weapon in both single andmultiplayer environment, weapon will be effective inmultiplayer. Check Avon Brochure and Builders Warehouse Specials.
    Following weapons will be implemented (firstrelease):
    - GUN
    - MK83 / RT, MK82 / RT, GBU12, BL755
    - AS 34KORMORANT Anti Ship Missile

OTHER FEATURES:
    Model comeswith complete docs:
    - Normal/weapons procedures checklists
    -Real aircraft manual
    - Other useful docs
    - Support forumaccount
    - All version 1.x upgrading and patches at no cost.
    -Full detailed paint kit available for painters (It will be publishedlater)
    - GPL (restricted) licensed

Pluto!

Its a very good info about Tornado from the Morning Today! Finally someone saw this fighter!
    Looks like very promising project. Please think too about TacPack integration.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I've been super pleased with the F-104's and the Hog(F-84F), and I am a long time Tornado fan. So needless to say, this will be in my hangar as well!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'll save my money after the lack of support for my Sim Skunk Works F-84 problem.

A good Tonka has been a long time coming. Hope this one meets expectations. Another vote forTacpack integration as well.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    I'll save my money after the lack of support for my Sim Skunk Works F-84 problem.
    Hi,
    just to know, what was the problem with the Hog? It is strange that we don't answer into the support forum..
    Regards
    Emanuele

Please consider Tackpack for the Tornado, along with an upgrade for the F104's and AV-8B.
    vACMI is just going to be a niche, which will attract to few people. It's far better to join everybody in the already established addon.

I'm very happy of this news! Finally we can drive the "big truck" along the roads of the sky!
    As a beta tester, I can affirm that I'm very satisfied of the results of the current version of vAcmi, it's a very powerful tool for military single and multi-player sessions!
    Thanks for your efforts, SSW team!

It sounds very,very strange. Please,be patient to tell us what was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian View Post
    Please consider Tackpack for the Tornado, along with an upgrade for the F104's and AV-8B.
    vACMI is just going to be a niche, which will attract to few people. It's far better to join everybody in the already established addon.
    We eventually consider the compatibility issue for our PA-200 with Tacpack,but keep in mind,the PA-200 will be vAACMI-native ,it means that all the ordnance will work in the ways you should desire (single and multiplayer,AI,ecc).
    Our aircrafts,since the F-104,have the payload that can be used agaist A/G targets,also with real effect on flight dynamics. In other words,you drop a bomb,the bomb disappear from your pylon,you see the explosion effect in the ground,and your aircraft weight and CG's changes in real time.
    Our vAACMI software implemented the Air to Air environment (now you can fire a Sidewinder or use the cannon against an AI traffic,if you have the right parameters,your AIM-9 hits the target and the target disappear). And this is what vAACMI gives to a single player user.
    For the multiplayer,it works like a real ACMI,fully interactive between players and with a lot of informations useful for Air/Air ranges and dogfights.
    TacPack is a very nice add on,but,for now,our choice is to use vAACMI for our products,even because TacPack is only availabe for FSX (but we hope in the near future they will shift to P3D .X)
    Cheers,
    /Ale

Yep, but TacPack has compatibility in MP with the others aircraft, targets, very interesting for Single Player FSX@War module (Finish editor & campaignes will be relesed very soon as I know - April or May maybe).

So if on MP some has vAACMI module and some has TacPack (others aircraft, not SSW models) on the one server it will be a big problem (only Tornado vs Tornado or F-84 or Harrier?).
    VRS gives nice and easy SDK for developers too. Try it .

For sure it will be in the future for P3D.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PLUTO16 View Post
    It sounds very,very strange. Please,be patient to tell us what was the problem.
    I have sent you a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Yep, but TacPack has compatibility in MP with the others aircraft, targets, very interesting for Single Player FSX@War module (Finish editor & campaignes will be relesed very soon as I know - April or May maybe).

So if on MP some has vAACMI module and some has TacPack (others aircraft, not SSW models) on the one server it will be a big problem (only Tornado vs Tornado or F-84 or Harrier?).
    VRS gives nice and easy SDK for developers too. Try it .

For sure it will be in the future for P3D.
    It wouldnt be a big problem for Tacpack users but for the Tornado user yes. Tacpack users will be able to shoot the Tornado out of the sky whereas the Tornado's wont be able to defend themselves. Thats if the Tornado Users have Tacpack installed as a Tacpack server is likely to kick someone without tacpack?

Anyway back to the SSW Tornado. Looking nice, and good luck but i wont be getting it unless Tacpack is added as thats now a must for military add-ons for me...

PLUTO16 has contacted me about the apparent lack of response to my request for support. The email address I use is rejected somewhere in the email process and I have given an alternative address. Sim Skunk Works assure me it is their policy to offer support to buyers of their products. I am happy to accept these assurances and offer my apologies for any distress my comments have caused. I hope to be flying the F-84 again soon.

GREAT NEWS. A good Tornado a MUCH needed. Given the quality and the attention to detail of the Sim Skunk Works team, I am sure it will be a fantastic project.

I've enjoyed flying UKMIL's Tonka, but a weaponised one would be really nice for this combat fan.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Blog Entries
    This really is something that's been a long time coming, the Tornado has been overlooked by payware developers.

Ian

Is this aircraft still being developed?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Is this aircraft still being developed?
    yes.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...RED-PANDA-quot

I can vouch for that

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto12 View Post
    Hi,
    just to know, what was the problem with the Hog? It is strange that we don't answer into the support forum..
    Regards
    Emanuele
    I can tell you what is wrong with that... When I asked this company for support I was told I was an idiot and didn't understand their process. I would only hope no one else buys this product, I know I will not.

I'll wait for the Justflight offering. At least you can install it on all of your pc's without having to pay extra... And the quality shown in their screenshots is just brilliant!

The SSW wrote to me that I am a "Pinokio"
    That's really nice of them

:-D
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Just a little update,to whom it may be interested;
    Developing of PA-200 is still on the way,the external layout is almost finished,now it's time to jump in the cabin to paint and give life to both seats;
    Systems,like the model,are growing very well: Here below an example of Terrain following feature,and some preview pictures:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWRPn...ature=youtu.be

Cheers,
    Ale

Well,as I did for the SuperHog,it's time to ask if someone needs a livery to add in the release pack.
    Models for now,will be IDS (Italy and Germany Air force) and GR MK I (Royal Air force)
    Thanks,
    Alessandro

This discussion should be limited to the Tornado. Remarks by anyone about developers, customers or developer's website are not acceptable. Please let us stay on topic. I am removing the remarks in question.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 32