Sim Skunk Works PA-200 "Tornado" Project announcement - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sim Skunk Works PA-200 "Tornado" Project announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    ...a bit OT, but it would be great to have a Tacpack-enabled Zipper....
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

+1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    ...a bit OT, but it would be great to have a Tacpack-enabled Zipper....
    Hi Dino,
    "never say never" , even if it would be very very difficult that we will modify and old model (It would required a total remake of the model)
    Regards
    Emanuele

Quote Originally Posted by PLUTO16 View Post
    A little update of terrain following radar feature..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUxp...ature=youtu.be
    I really cannot wait for this one. The Tornado is easily my favorite non - US modern military jet. Just so awesome. My favorite FS of all time (to this day) was the Tornado combat sim in campaign mode. That music to this days makes my skin raise. cant wait to fly this one fast and low in some seriously crappy weather at night in northern Europe. Back to the Fulda Gap cold war days!

Bring it on soon guys. And let me know if you need any beta testers!!!!

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy View Post
    Any news on the Tornado?
    At their Facebook Page are some new shots and Updates... You can go there even without having a Facebook Account and watch it

<label for="rb_iconid_14"></label>ok, thanks <label for="rb_iconid_14"></label>. Will check it out.

Hello guys,a little update of the "work in progress".
    First,the systems:
    We are working hard to get,as usual,a product as closer as possible to the reality,without performance impact.
    Until now,we are very happy,the main systems (moving map,TF display,HUD,rwr) are "in" and the performance drop is near zero.
    We are testing the performance "on the way",both with desktop and laptop PC,just to be sure not to have strange jokes after release (and because many of us are out home for job or study).
    Ok,let's start with the System update:
    Just yesterday,our "system men" Davide & Mario added another brick, the moving map has the maps on the underground (maps,"real" maps,not FSX maps..) and an "aeronautic overlay" with all the info for the navigation.

Again,about the systems:

- CSAS,SPILS (as the real);
    - Dinamic Drag Index function of store (wpn) type (as the real);
    - Dinamic weight based on store (wpn) loaded;
    - CL mouvments, inertia moments change based on attach point position that change with wing sweep position (close to real);
    - Almost all other system replicated as practicable and working as real.

===== HUD =====
    - fully replicated symbology;
    - flight director;
    - CCIP;
    - CCIL;
    - A/A graphic and (aiming pipper, viper diamond for I/R tracking);

===== ESRRD =====
    - EScope (really closer to the real one,with full functionality);
    - Ground Mapping Radar repeater with dynamic shadows ad reflectivity,sweep angle,tilt angle,spherical divergence and other features;

===== RPMD ======
    - Moving map fully customizable,(Mercatore's projection), slew options,present position,;

===== TV-TAB ======
    - All the available functions of the real aircraft,starting from fixing of the INS (on the ADVANCED verson most probably we will replicate the INS drift to give the Navigator the possibility to make the fixing),then Rapid Data Entry da file, PLAN page (flightplan layout, change of waypoint/target coordinates,change of routing,time/fuel computing) NAV page (routes layout, Cross Track error, timing for waypoint,and target,and so on );

====== TERRAIN FOLLOWING ======
    - 100% simulated (working like the real one) with RIDE selection (SOFT, MEDIUM, HARD) and height;

====== STEERING AUTOPILOT ======
    - Like in the real one,MAN and AUTO functions to let the pilot (or the system) how to follow track and flightplan.

As usual for our models, we are working "by the book",this takes surely more time,but this let you to use the real flight manual to operate the aircraft.

Now something about the graphic part,but I prefer the pictures speak themselves.

Stay tuned,
    /Ale

Looks very good. I have to say though, at the top of the fin at the front it looks very square, it should be a smooth bend round

Looking forward to released date!!!!!!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Looks very good. I have to say though, at the top of the fin at the front it looks very square, it should be a smooth bend round
    Tanks Dale,we will trim alle the little imperfections before the release

Bye,Ale

Great rendition of the avionics, for sure mastering all those systems will requires a lot of study on the manual, but this is a big part of the fun, IMHO! Thanks for the update, good work and don't let us wait too much!

Possiedo i vostri F104G/S - AV8B, e li considero il giusto compromesso tra qualita' grafica e simulazione dei vari sistemi senza grossi problemi di FPS e robe del genere.
    Spero ( e sono sicuro ) che il vostro Tornado non sia un addon assurdamente problematico come quello di JF. BUON LAVORO
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Can this be of any help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0232.jpg  

One more

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0231.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    One more

Thanks menef (rego?? ) is already on the "do list" together with other minor things regarding the external model.
    Ciao
    Ale

Esatto, ma è una lunga storia da raccontare ( non ha implicazioni politiche comunque )! Ciao
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0230.jpg   IMG_0235.jpg  

Hi guys,just a little WIP.

The model workflow is ok,now we are deep on cockpit texturing and systems.

Here a short video that demonstrates how the SSW TORNADO HUD works on AIM-9 mode.
    The "viper diamond" seeks for a good IR signature and locks the target if successfull AIM-9 launch conditions are met.
    During the search phase the diamond stays on HUD center, when it gets a good IR signature it locks and follows the target, from now on the AIM-9 launch will be successfull.
    Two words on RWE (Radar Warning Equipment) shown on the video: the TORNADO RWE is a NATO restricted equipment, for this reason we made it as a fictional one, totally irrealistic but useful to let Tornado drivers have a good control of the surrounding threat.

https://youtu.be/fr6Q6rGGl9I

And now,as usual,some screens. By the way, a "last minute waypoint" was to add the ECR model to the existing ones (IDS&GR1).

Bye,

Ale.

Excellent improvements, Alessandro! Best congratulations to the whole team, looking forward to the release date, my wallet is already open!

Ottimo lavoro ragazzi!

Looks REALLY good - can't wait to see the finished cockpit!

Dino

Hi guys,

step by step we are adding functions and features to our PA-200.

Here shown projected map display and TFR radar,almost finished.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/rApEj2X3diM

That was what I wanted to see and have explained, great job on keeping the framerate locked.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 32