Question about Ant's T-28 liveries

Thread: Question about Ant's T-28 liveries

Question about Ant's T-28 liveries

I have both the donation ware A-model and bought the retail B/C models. I really like this plane...it is great looking, sounds great and flies well.
    However I really prefer limiting my hangar to a few favorite liveries and usually it is easy to do: just ///// the ones I don't want and renumber as needed.
    I see no way to remove any T-28 liveries without removing an entire set. Can someone explain how to do it (if possible for individual liveries).
    Thanks
    Neal h

Not sure what you mean by //// but if you go into the aircraft.cfg and put a | (vertical bar) after the panel=whatever of any livery you do not want, that livery will no longer show in the FSX menu.

Another possibility is to download FSXControls from https://sites.google.com/site/fsxcontrols/Home . This program gives you a really nice graphical interface to do the same thing without having to dig around in the config files.

Dave

I do this occasionally with other aircraft.

1. Go to the aircraft folder.
    2. Make a copy of the aircraft.cfg file. Rename it if you wish such as aircraft.txt or original_aircraft.cfg.
    3. Edit the remaining aircraft.cfg file as you wish.

My approach is to delete those [fltsim] entries that I do not want to use and then renumber each to be consistent. Remember, I still have a copy of the original aircraft.cfg should I wish to restore the entries.

If you wish to preserve each [fltsim] entry, then you can add // in front of each, but make sure to renumber the ones you want to keep to be consistent.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Sorry if I did not explain properly. Most Aircraft.cfg files list each livery as [fltsim.0], [fltsim.1], etc
    To remove all of them just ////[fltsim.0] and none will appear in the select plane menu. If I want a particular plane to remain, it is renumbered as [fltsim.0] and if another below it in the cfg file is wanted then it is renumbered [fltsim.1] These would be the ONLY two liveries available to fly.
    However, the T-28 aircraft,cfg does not follow the standard pattern.
    Look at the Select Plane menu and there are many (haven't counted them) T-28s. Now look at the aircraft.cfg file/s. There are no more than five liveries listed. No entry for the bomb or rocket either. At my age, a warplane is not high on my list.
    As an aside: I would consider Gypsy_Baron a youngster or (depending on how I feel in the morning)

Maj Kong,

Did you try FSXControls by any chance?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    Maj Kong,

Did you try FSXControls by any chance?

Dave
    Never heard of it but just looked it up and see no connection between it at livery assignments.
    Maybe you can clarify.

I think you very much can remove liveries form the aircraft cfg file by removing the entries. But you have to keep in mind you got 3 different main model folders for the T-28 with their separate cfg files to change.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

One of the functions of FSXControl (see url in post#2) is to manage which liveries are displayed. It will show a table representation of all the airplanes in the Aircraft tab, and allow you to select which liveries are show or hidden by clicking on the thumbnail picture.

Dave

Thanks all...finally realized my error and got it set the way I want. A senior moment, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Maj Kong View Post
    Thanks all...finally realized my error and got it set the way I want. A senior moment, perhaps?
    A senior moment.... I'm 63 now, they seem to happen more frequently as we get older.
    We may as well enjoy them while we can.

Members who have read this thread: 56