Lockheed S-3 Viking - The Sequel Thread

Thread: Lockheed S-3 Viking - The Sequel Thread

Hybrid View

Lockheed S-3 Viking - The Sequel Thread

Dino said it. Some one has to initiate a new thread on his upcoming S-3.
    I can't wait. Well I guess I'll have to though.

Thanks for the reminder. It will be great to have a nice Hoover in FSX!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S3_AGM84D.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	5793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S3_refuel.jpg 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	5794Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	5795Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S3_refue_2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	5796

Ok, above are some screenshots of the project as it is today... for those who do not know, in the past months I have been working on a S-3B Viking for FSX+Tacpack and compatible with P3D... unfortunately (or or fortunately in these times), recently my job is taken most of my time (and life force) and the result is that the S-3 is way beyond schedule: at the moment, the only thing that can be considered complete is the external model, while pretty much everything else is still WIP.

Long story short: I have no idea when it will be released - but it will take months for sure.

Real life always takes priority, as FSX development from a homeless shelter tends to be even slower.

Dave

Dino,

Well said, jmbiii.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your Tomcat and Goshawk for years. Take your time. I'm sure the S-3 will be top-notch as well.

Craig
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Dino, probably you're already a single man with 8 arms: you work at F-14, F-35, S-3, MB-326, and who knows what else more! Don't worry, you're much faster than many producers with a lot of people involved!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post

Long story short: I have no idea when it will be released - it will take months for sure, but will be well worth the wait.
    There - I fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    FSX+Tacpack ....
    TacPack? Nice Dino!!!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes, I am planning for a (limited) set Tacpack functionalities. At minimum it should be able to act as tanker in multiplayer, and release dumb bombs and Harpoons...
    Last edited by Dino Cattaneo; March 25th, 2014 at 04:55.

Anticipating the S-3 Viking release. As solid as Dino's other aircraft have been, I know we won't be disappointed.

It looks great and I suspect that it will come with all the sounds to live up to the name 'Hoover'.

Members who have read this thread: 37