Lockheed S-3 Viking - The Sequel Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed S-3 Viking - The Sequel Thread

Very impressive work Dino!.

Someone can post approach and landing speeds? and Flaps and landing gear maximum speeds?T
    Thx

Yep, Thanks Henry...!
    MFC-27/migbait

Neuwuc !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-6-9_14-40-18-151.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	9111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-6-9_14-56-34-526.jpg 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	9112Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-6-9_14-58-5-878.jpg 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	9113Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-6-9_14-58-44-954.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	9114 She adapted perfectly w/NEUWUC without a hitch, as do all of Dino's Excellent aircraft. No Tac Pac here and the loadouts work perfectly...!
    MFC-27/migbait

Added Fuel dumping to [Fuel] section

fuel_dump_rate = 0.020
    I pass gas!

Engine Exhaust effect on shutdown

Nice Job Dino!!

I know that this is a beta and the bugs will slowly subside however, I noticed that on engine shutdown, the effect startup=fx_dsb_heat
    was still running even though the engines were off. (Engine exhaust was still trailing out back end of both engines)

I put a couple // in front of the effect and although I won't see the effect on startup, the effect won't be running when the engines have completely shutdown.

//startup=fx_dsb_heat

Attachment 9125

Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    Absolutely beautiful as usual Dino many thanks. But as usual for me had it less than 30 minutes and I Free Willied it AKA broke it. I didn't even know the rudder folded down Ctrl-W. Now where did I put that manual.
    Dino, perhaps a condition that the gear be extended and the aircraft be on the ground before the Ctrl-W command works?

Thanks for the wing tank position adjustment fix Storm. That leveled her out nicely.

Did someone say "instant classic"?

Nice shot. Does anyone know how to manipulate the COURSE and HDG bugs on the EHSI? I can't seem to find the switches or knobs.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Nice shot. Does anyone know how to manipulate the COURSE and HDG bugs on the EHSI? I can't seem to find the switches or knobs.
    Yes, first you must select either the Course(indicated by the green arrow) or Heading button(indicated by the blue arrow). Then the two middle buttons(indicated by the red arrows) are pressed to change the course or heading bug.

Attachment 9126

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It needs a grease pencil mark on the windscreen to drop weps

I've also added the right seat to the cfg. I didnt have the exact GUID, but this still works well and fits the VC.

[CameraDefinition.001]
    Title = "Right Seat"
    Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.40
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=30
    HeadingPanRate=100
    PanAcceleratorTime=0
    InitialXyz=0.91, 0.0, 0.0
    InitialPbh=5, 0, 0

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

if using shockwave volumetric landing lights, add

light.7 = 5, -17.5, -0.436, -2.45, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow

and in panel.cfg add

gauge01=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_gear, 1, 1, 1, 1

under the [Vcockpit01] section.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    There are half a dozen repaints in the works from Groom Lake Simulations... most of them are hi-viz.
    nice, however the Barry Magann factor or what ever he calls himself these days is a turn off (Google Barry Magann anzmi)

Its a shame theres some nice work that is getting done there by the other guys

A couple of miscellaneous asnwers:

- Copilot station was left out on purpose as it is incomplete

- Engine exhaust effect is a leftover from a comparison I did between my aicraft.cfg and the DSB one... they are not meant to be there.

- Good catch on the fuel dump

- Barry Magann: I have Googled as instructed. I did not know anything about that. Anyway, in my case, Groom Lake Simulations provided some excellent repaints for both the F-14D and the S-3B, for free and in a quick and timely manner. I have to confess that I do not know who is working in their team, but for me they did a very good job.

The "WIP" reference document will still be on my blog...

...and, as usual, thanks a lot for the appreciation!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    A couple of miscellaneous asnwers:

- Copilot station was left out on purpose as it is incomplete

- Engine exhaust effect is a leftover from a comparison I did between my aicraft.cfg and the DSB one... they are not meant to be there.

- Good catch on the fuel dump

- Barry Magann: I have Googled as instructed. I did not know anything about that. Anyway, in my case, Groom Lake Simulations provided some excellent repaints for both the F-14D and the S-3B, for free and in a quick and timely manner. I have to confess that I do not know who is working in their team, but for me they did a very good job.

The "WIP" reference document will still be on my blog...

...and, as usual, thanks a lot for the appreciation!
    I dont blame you , there are a number of talented guys there, just one bad rotten egg among them, he mainly sticks to the Australian/NZ schemes there

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Mille grazie Dino!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Dino, very small detail so minute I shouldn't mention it and I understand why you used your current excellent pilot models, but at least in my air wing I never saw S-3 crews wear their masks. Much like the E-2 crews, the O2 was attached to their SV-2 vest. Please don't waste any time even thinking about changing it, just an observation.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

[QUOTE=Dino Cattaneo;889733]A couple of miscellaneous asnwers:

/QUOTE]

Dino,

So, the exhaust effect was not suppose to be there? I'm confused. Please explain.
    I also noted that the fan blades seem to take a while to stop spinning when the engines are shut off. Is that normal?

Thank you for this excellent new aircraft Dino. Took it around the coast of SoCal yesterday and and flies really well. Landings were very simple.

I added the second seat view for my use, as it helped to see when trying to make those right patterns. I saw that none of the systems on that side were yet implemented. I didnt intend it as a bug report.

Again, thanks!

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

@Victory103

Actually I knew that and considered removing the masks... but they do not look as good, so I was undecided and left them in.

@grey eagle

- I did not mean to have engine exhaust effects... they are left-overs in the aicraft.cfg, and I do not have such effects installed (as I do not have the DSB Viking installed anymore). They do not show on my computer just because I do not have them...and forgot to remove them from the .cfg.

- blades spool-down... not sure if there is anything I can do

@St0rm

Actually most copilot systems will not be implemented in the final release. They are Beyond the scope of my rendition.

I downloaded the newest version, 9/6, and it appears the left aileron is tied into the elevator movement.

@SH427

You are correct but, there is no "newer" version. Just one Beta version has been released and will not be updated before the initial release.
    My blog is the repository for the issues, you may have seen that the issues has already been identified and solved (in an internal build - I will not release partial fixes)...

...aside, although I visit SOH quite often, please read the instructions on my blog.
    The blog is the official repository for all the information on the Beta....

AH, my apologies Dino. It's a fantastic bird and I'll be the first to admit, I skimmed the blog post. I'll go back and give it another look over

Members who have read this thread: 37