Can anyone Identify this airfield? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone Identify this airfield?

Icon28 Mh370.

Heywooood,

Same hunch hear. No, "black boxes", yet but a present valuable document is available now. That would be the cargo hold manifest, if not falsified, would certainly add credibility to this theory. (Ref: AirTran DC-9 accident located in the Florida Everglades). AirTran, in like manner as MH370, made turn back to departure airport.....

SBP
    CAN YOU HEAR ME, NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    Heywooood,

Same hunch hear. No, "black boxes", yet but a present valuable document is available now. That would be the cargo hold manifest, if not falsified, would certainly add credibility to this theory. (Ref: AirTran DC-9 accident located in the Florida Everglades). AirTran, in like manner as MH370, made turn back to departure airport.....

SBP
    I thought you were already blaming Boeing? Now you're blaming the cargo customers?

Mh370

Many facet's to this tragic aircraft accident, my friend. Just looking at all sides. At this point, I'm not pinning, "blame", on anyone. In my original post I was expressing my humble opinion.

SBP
    CAN YOU HEAR ME, NOW?

triple 7 has a short history but electrical failures, fires and faulty batteries and battery compartment problems are consistent, no matter what Boeing says
    Are you sure you don't mean the 787? The 777 has been around almost two decades now and has had, I think, two major accidents one through pilot error at San Francisco and one through fuel freezing at London Heathrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Are you sure you don't mean the 787? The 777 has been around almost two decades now and has had, I think, two major accidents one through pilot error at San Francisco and one through fuel freezing at London Heathrow.
    note all incidents referring to smoke in the cockpit/cabin or references to acrid odors and or fires in the cargo holds...if those fires did not start in the holds but could be blamed on the cargo I don't think Boeing would object
    http://www.aeroinside.com/incidents/...boeing-777-200

this is interesting also....
    https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...le-lithium-ion

whenever large mfg's want to cut costs, people end up paying with their lives - just ask GM, Chrysler, Ford and Toyota
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    note all incidents referring to smoke in the cockpit/cabin or references to acrid odors and or fires in the cargo holds...if those fires did not start in the holds but could be blamed on the cargo I don't think Boeing would object
    http://www.aeroinside.com/incidents/...boeing-777-200

this is interesting also....
    https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...le-lithium-ion

whenever large mfg's want to cut costs, people end up paying with their lives - just ask GM, Chrysler, Ford and Toyota
    I'm not convinced, of the 8 incidents that mention fire on that site, 6 were false indications, 1 was a mobile phone/laptop battery fire and 1 was an actual cockpit fire. So that's 1 fire due to the airframe in 18 years of operations, and that one was on the ground at the time.

Of the 7 smoke incidents there was 1 false alarm, 1 steam from the air conditioning being mis-identified, 1 unknown, 2 caused by bearing failure in cooling supply fans, which were both isolated before landing, and 2 in the cockpit, one of which was isolated before landing the other appears to have come from the nose gear bay.

For comparison, the A330-200 which has been around for a similar time period has, on the same database, 1 cabin electrical fire, 1 engine fire, 1 air conditioning malfunction leading to a fire indication and 1 false alarm in the cargo bay, along with 1 smoke in the cockpit incident.

So the A330 has had three times the actual fire incidents and the 777 has had five times the actual smoke incidents. Considering the numbers of both types in operation I'd say that the chance of fire or smoke on either type is statistically very small. Certainly I've seen more actual smoke reported on a mixed fleet of 260 odd helicopters in the last year than on both types of airliner put together and the helicopters are flying a lot less hours. Worryingly the 787 seems to be managing more fires in a year than the 777 has had in 18.

Members who have read this thread: 102