What is up with the file library?

Thread: What is up with the file library?

What is up with the file library?

Has something been changed in the file library in the last few days? When I started downloading the F8F mod released by Milton on the 11th, the library was working just fine. I was able to start, pause, and resume downloads with Firefox with no problems. But when I went to download the new Me-410, the download starts, but the file size does not display; and it will not resume at all. If I try resuming, Firefox displays the error message "Fs9_Me410A1_Hornisse.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. Try again later, or contact the server administrator." Unless it is specific to this site it is not Firefox, as a file I tried from flightsim.com worked normally, as does the files from here that I started downloading a few days ago. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Derry Hoggatt
    2014-2017, 2019+ Around the World Race Team Outhouse

This is probably a result of the changes made to the server to make the site run faster. It will not let you pause downloads and start them later. If you keep the download going it will continue to download but it will not show you a progress bar.

I am not sure what part of the changes affected this. It will have to go on the things to check later list.

For right now don't pause downloads.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    This is probably a result of the changes made to the server to make the site run faster. It will not let you pause downloads and start them later. If you keep the download going it will continue to download but it will not show you a progress bar.
    Unfortunately, being able to pause the download, then come back the next day is the only way I can get some of these files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    I am not sure what part of the changes affected this. It will have to go on the things to check later list. For right now don't pause downloads.
    Okay, thanks!
    Derry Hoggatt

Ok I know what is causing it and it will take awhile and some thinking to get it working as it did before.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thank you DD as I think this may also have a bearing on why lately the downloads from SOH turn up as incomplete and corrupted in my "inbox." Looks like you may clear this little glitch up too.

I made a change yesterday and fixed the progress bar showing in Firefox but I could not pause and restart a download.

Stupid me for only testing in one browser.

Today after thinking and researching about it I tested the pause option in Chrome. It worked I could pause and restart a download in Chrome.

I still could not in Firefox and the option to pause and restart in IE9 is grayed out.

I did a quick search online and found where I could test if the issue was hardware or extension related by putting FF into safe mode. That did not work either but I also had the option to reset all FF settings. That fixed it don't ask me why but I recently upgraded FF and maybe something I did not know about went sideways in the update.

So pausing is working in FF version 27.0.1 and Chrome Version 32.0.1700.76 at this time.

If it is not working for you my first suggestion is to Log out clear all your temporary files and cookies. Log back in and try again.

If using FF and it still does not work reset FF it was the only way I could get it to work.

Pausing does not work in IE9 for me. I did not test IE8, IE10, or IE11.

I found the issue with FF. It was my custom cookie settings. Accept third-party cookies must be set to "Always or From Visited". If you set it to never you are not going to resume a paused download.

If you find you can not pause here in the next few minutes don't worry its just me testing to make sure I did not miss anything. I will let you know here when I am done.

All clear

Well, I just tried it, and so far it's working as it was before. Thank you for your help!
    Derry Hoggatt

Members who have read this thread: 34