Malaysia Airlines B777 contact lost - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malaysia Airlines B777 contact lost

I have a theory of my own.

I think whoever stole the plane was after something on it and they had to land it to retrieve the goods. My thought is Banda Aceh which is an odd and remote place but has a runway big enough. Once you've touched down and removed the goods, the plane and everything else is just evidence you need to dispose of.

Very logical to take off and let the plane proceed out into the southern ocean at low level until it runs out of fuel.
    I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine.
    Bertrand Russell
    British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10009544_10203100475770571_1521745059_n[1].jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	5633
    Maybe they flew here...

For me this is the most believable theory: http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03...ectrical-fire/

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    For me this is the most believable theory: http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03...ectrical-fire/

Greetings
    Tim
    As a firm believer in Occam's Razor, I think a scenario something like this is also the most likely.

Mike

Exclamation

Maybe something hot .....

Code:
    <code>http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-20/raaf-en-route-to-possible-debris-from-mh370-in-indian-ocean/5334314</code>

Prime Minister Tony Abbott told Parliament this afternoon that he had spoken with his Malaysian counterpart but warned the objects might not be related to the search.
    However, Mr Young says the satellite images are the most promising lead authorities have.

Much to do has been made about how "hard" it is to disable the ACARS. According to the T7's FCOM, it is so difficult that it actually takes six keystrokes on the FMC to turn off ACARS...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Even easier, pull the satcom circuit breaker on the overhead panel. Other comments about the need to program the FMC to turn the plane. Actually easy as any flight simmer would know.... Heading select and turn the knob!

a lot of info not being released, for instance how much fuel was on the plane? The flight planned fuel would be known, even if tank wring, and he fuel vendor receipts and log would be available. Fuel is expensive in China, so tankering might be a likely scenario. I would be surprised if the plane at its weight could get to FL450, a loss of control there would be likely and result in a great altitude loss. Having flown at this altitude numerous times, even at lighter weights, you really are close to coffin corner.

T

A question for Tom (fliger747). Is it possible for the transponder to go off, mechanical/electrical failure, and the flight crew does not realise that it is off?

Sheesh! What a waste of five minutes. Just another crackpot conspiracy theorist.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Sheesh! What a waste of five minutes. Just another crackpot conspiracy theorist.
    You saved me suffering it though, Tx1
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Unless they recover the black box (Flight Data Recorder)... folks will theorize about what happened. My thing... stay away from the Network News, as these reports are often inaccurate and incomplete.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Something to consider that no one has mentioned...the plane was only loaded with enough fuel to fly a few thousand miles. How far can you fly it below 10,000 feet? At lower altitudes, aircraft burn fuel very rapidly. Especially very heavy ones.
    FSX Miramar XO, RAZBAM Flying Club founder, Team member, crud crew, beta tester, and all around good guy!

Members who have read this thread: 98