VRS TACPACK now standalone - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VRS TACPACK now standalone

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    kc-135t2.zip will add a static boom to the drogue KC-135T package, or it can be installed as a separate tanker
    Good find! I will try it as separate model.

Edit:

Ok, I see Fixed boom, but cant refuel, dont know why (will try with A version).

In TPM:

Last edited by YoYo; March 16th, 2014 at 09:49.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Excellent views of weapons release. I don't think I paid much attention to the Hunter until now; very nice!

I am only keeping FSX installed at the present time because of the VRS Super Hornet and TacPack. I have moved my other favorites to P3Dv2. In particular I recently encountered a strange CTD which I am still investigating. My FSX only runs in DX10 Preview which kills my AI textures and some textures on flyables.

You can experiment with various tankers and what I have discovered is that some planes will not hold altitude very well or maybe it is my novice hands on the controls?

Ok, my foul. I changed something in TPM and hard boom works and give me some beer, ups, not beer for sure! Just Fuel !

My settings for fixed boom for KC-135T:

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Trial integration of the TacPack into the Hunter. Just for fun.

Dave, I LOVE it!!! Please keep going with this! I'd also love to see some classic ordnance to go with this classic jet.

Have you also considered a P3D v2 job, modded with live weapons (Developers license)?

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Is the VRS TacPack is compatible with CaptainSim Weapons? because I has used CSWeapon with previous version of IRIS A10. And now with the new one, when I turned on the Maverik with the video monitor I have CTD

When I beta tested the A-10, it was a completely separate install from the older non-TP version, so it should not cause any issues. Really no reason to play with the CS Weps, as now you have a more accurate A-10A+. No word on any helo additions yet, so your Mi-24/35 mod with the CS Weps should still be fun. Do you have the experimental features checked in the TPM?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I dont think they will work together. As far as I know only VRS developed weapons will work with tacpack.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I have uninstalled CS Weapon to see if this is the problem, but still have this

Some features, like FLIR imagery, NVG emulation and HMD (superimposing the image over the geometry) are achieved by hijacking Direct X rendering...this is probably what is causing the issue in your system. This does work for the vast majority of the users, but may not work for everybody. I guess that turning the experimental features off will disable the video (but get rid of the crash).
    This is unfortunate as the feature is pretty great.

I have CS Weapon and TacPack and no any problems - but for sure - not on too same aircraft! For example - I dont install CS Weapon for Super bug , Dino's F-35, T-45, F-14 (TP powered - deeply coding aircraft), but for the others - it can be work (example: guns, sidewinders on default Hornet - with CS weapon and Carrier from TacPack in too same time). No need to uninstall it. Perhaps You installed CS Weapon on Hog Driver II from Iris - aircraft with programing systems from Tacpack. It wasnt good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Some features, like FLIR imagery, NVG emulation and HMD (superimposing the image over the geometry) are achieved by hijacking Direct X rendering...this is probably what is causing the issue in your system. This does work for the vast majority of the users, but may not work for everybody. I guess that turning the experimental features off will disable the video (but get rid of the crash).
    This is unfortunate as the feature is pretty great.
    yep, only disabling the experimental features it stopped crash, but it so bad without most interesting feature

If you have dx10 activated, turn that off as it's not compatible with dx10 only dx9.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me,
    but now I have opened new topic related to the issue in the TacPack support

So has anyone successfully integrated TacPack onto a non-purpose built compatible 3rd party aircraft? I'd like to add it to either the Aerosoft or IRIS F-16, but am at a loss as to where to start. I know there will be a compatible version released, but I'd say it's a good year out.

I PM'd DaveWG but never heard anything from him in regards to his Hunter mod.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Hi Jeff, sorry, didn't see the PM until now.
    Tacpack can be added to any aircraft on a basic level, such as guns and dumb bombs, but more complex stuff really needs integrating at design stage.

No worries Dave.thanks for getting back to me. TacPack is definitely not as easy to integrate as CS, but that just drives more research.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I pass gas!

Something new for FSX@War (TacPack addon).

http://forums.vrsimulations.com/foru...?f=108&t=13493

Its a whole librairy.

Each object has three images - normal state, damaged state and destroyed.

Just to inform you all,

The Metal2Mesh Mirage 2000 will be fully TacPack capable.

Cheers,
    Hank

New tankers was added.

KA-6D. Its a "old" model of Razbam for FS9/X. I did small modification to use his AI Tanker model. Works with TacPack now too.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    It seems that Yanco’s WWII U.S. and Japanese carriers do not show up in the list of boats to select with TacPac. All my other boas do. Has anybody else noticed this?

Simply wow!

The new movie of FSX@War/TacPack:

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Found the solution: the name of the file called asim.cfg (or something like that) should be changed in sim.cfg.

I see than Bear Studios works on TacPack for Russian jets (new kind of weapons):

Members who have read this thread: 162