VRS TACPACK now standalone - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VRS TACPACK now standalone

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Check your axis assignement for trigger in the TacPack configuration tool !
    Thanks

But after some flights I think I lost money with this
    ILS/TACAN Sylvian's is free , also there are refueling gauges and carrier spawn for free.
    Also the payware Captain Sim Weapos is more fun and can be modified and add many other effects and weapons, and can be added for all simobjects vehicles without restrictions or complications; Here's an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l9ql-svaas
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3c2fWF-iJI

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    So my question then would be if I have updated my installation of TackPac, will it be the same as the standalone version? NC
    The standalone version of Tacpack is a subset of the bundled version. If you have the Superbug with Tacpack if will work for everything that is Tacpack enabled. I do not know if the standalone version will work with the Superbug if you buy the Superbug later. That might be covered on the VRS forums. I have the Superbug and the Tacpack created for it and all the Tacpack 3rd party planes work fine with it.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    Thanks

But after some flights I think I lost money with this
    ILS/TACAN Sylvian's is free , also there are refueling gauges and carrier spawn for free.
    Also the payware Captain Sim Weapos is more fun and can be modified and add many other effects and weapons, and can be added for all simobjects vehicles without restrictions or complications; Here's an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l9ql-svaas
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3c2fWF-iJI
    I understand your feeling.
    If you consider the "fun" part, it is true that CS weapons is much more easy use.
    However, contrary to CS, TacPack is focused on realism, not fun.
    The VRS F-18 with TacPack is the PMDG of the military planes. The IRIS A-10 with TacPack must be quite a joy too (I haven't installed it yet).

The main problems with TacPack are:
    - it doesn't work with P3D yet.
    - there are very few planes using it yet.

I hope more and more aircraft creators will create or update FSX/P3D plane to make them TacPack-enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    The standalone version of Tacpack is a subset of the bundled version. If you have the Superbug with Tacpack if will work for everything that is Tacpack enabled. I do not know if the standalone version will work with the Superbug if you buy the Superbug later. That might be covered on the VRS forums. I have the Superbug and the Tacpack created for it and all the Tacpack 3rd party planes work fine with it.

Dave
    Thanks Dave! Pete

Is it work with DX10 Preview (SteveFX tool)?

Because:
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I just bought it and it looks like a very smooth running added capability to FSX so far. My primary reason for buying it was Dino's F-35. I'm very impressed with the added features of the F-35 and how he has included them in the 35. Now we just need the new NSM/Joint Strike Missile included in the package....

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Is it work with DX10 Preview (SteveFX tool)?Because:
    Experimental features are the night vision effect and the FLIR as well as a pre-render and framerate limiter. These are all done with special hooks into the DirectX engine of FSX and as such the only version supported is DX9. DX10 could be done but its a much bigger challenge and they have other more important things to deal with....
    -JB

Trial integration of the TacPack into the Hunter. Just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Trial integration of the TacPack into the Hunter. Just for fun.

wow! very interesting

Cool!
    Understanding how to integrate the Tacpack takes a little - but once you get it going is relatively easy.
    Best thing is that weapons performance is quite realistic - and works in multiplayer too.

By the way:

My F-14D Tacpack implementation, listed as "partial", is quite complete IMHO. Its main limitations are the fact that the weapons configurator is somewhat limited, FLIR is not supported ...and there is a lot of guesswork in the weapons system operation as, afaik, the weapons manual is still classified. Most other functions seem to work.

Also, there are plans to provide Tacpack functions also in the S-3 including the ability to act as tanker to other a/c...
    Last edited by Dino Cattaneo; March 11th, 2014 at 08:39.

I love seeing freeware developpers playing around with that TacPack !

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I love seeing freeware developers playing around with that TacPack !
    +1.

I should also mention I am really enjoying the Iris implementation of the TacPac A-10. It was a very nice aircraft to fly around and now it is great because you can blow things up with bombs and missiles while flying around!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Tests from Today. Big fun!!! Like it!!! : ]]]]

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Milviz was planning to tacpac their F-86 last time I checked. If it does get done I have a feeling manual bombing is going to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    Milviz was planning to tacpac their F-86 last time I checked. If it does get done I have a feeling manual bombing is going to be fun.
    I hope They will focus better on TacPack for incoming F-4 :] .

Yes, I hope the F-4 has it right out of the box

I can't shot any ship! is that right?

Do the weapon effects/wep release show up in M/P? The biggest drawback to CS Wep X is that even though user have it installed, firing weapons don't show up and are replaced with the R22 helo.

Nice job on integrating the Hunter with TacPack.
    I pass gas!

I would hope that any attempts to use this addon in MP is done on a server
    dedicated to that use. In the past, it seems, that when weapons were used
    in MP, the simobjects created did NOT have a finite lifetime but instead resulted
    in 'ghosts' being left on the server and they coul;d only be removed by a hard
    reset of the server.

I think some servers forbid the use of this addon and require that it be disabled
    prior to entering a MP session to prevent the 'ghosts' from overloading the server
    and thus interfering with others session.

Paul

USS Dewey DLG-14, ET"C" School Treasure Island-Instructor, OASU/VX-8 Aircrewman

Maybe this function has anything to do with this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tacpack_zps1152da00.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	5414

Do You know any AI Tanker but with Hard boom (not a basket) for TacPack too?

I was going to ask the same! We need a boomer KC-135 or KC-10 for the F-35A

I saw that the drogue KC-135 which is usable in tacpack is based on an old FS04 model by Rok Dolenec. I did a quick search on flightsim.com and several E and T models with boom came up. I'm off to test them with tacpack

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

aim_dc1030_crummy_mdl_pack.zip (basepack) and aim_kc10a_united_states_air_force.zip (textures) at avsim
    Anneke

kc-135t2.zip will add a static boom to the drogue KC-135T package, or it can be installed as a separate tanker

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 162