The Italian DC-3

Thread: The Italian DC-3

The Italian DC-3

I found this wonderful airplane the G08 which looks like a DC-3. For the first time I like the VC,
    it is very immersive and very easy to read the instruments even if they are in Italian, the thottles
    are in the reverse but that's not a problem. The authors did a great job which it reminds me
    payware quality. I wish the authors could have modeled the cabin interia that would have been
    really a you are there feel and I could sit in a window seat and watch the ground below. I also
    wish there were more paints for the Fiat G08 too. The cockpit layout is very much like the DC-3.

Cheers
    Casey

Where did you find it? Never heard of it. A link would be much appreciated.

Sascha

Dear Sascha

Go to Fltsim.com and search in FS2004 use Fiat for Propliners.

Cheers

Casey

Quote Originally Posted by casey jones View Post
    Go to Fltsim.com and search in FS2004 use Fiat for Propliners.

Cheers

Casey
    Hello Casey,

There is no Fiat G08 available at Flightsim.com. In fact even using Google I can't find any Fiat G08 anywhere. (It looks like there hasn't been a Fiat G08 plane at all. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Aviazione) Could you please post a link to the particular zipfile? Many thanks.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Icon23 Fiat plane

Probably it's a Fiat G18V, a plane really similar to DC-3.

Hi,

There is the beautiful FIAT G18, which may be the DC3 look-alike and there is also the Trimotor FIAT G12.
    Both stunning airplanes!

Andy.
    Last edited by lemonadedrinker; March 3rd, 2014 at 20:22. Reason: wrong speling ...wrong number as well!

I'm a HUGE fan of Manuele Villa's work.The G12s,G18s,SM79s,MC202s,MC204s...wow!

Right! Thanks guys!

Cheers,
    Maarten

I just today finished an ad-hoc 2D panel for the G18V (using all G18V gauges and a screencap) and was about to test it out when I decided to check the SOH forums. Funny how this stuff comes up when you least expect it. I'm planning on getting hold of Sig. Villa to see if it would be OK to upload it as an add-on...

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by casey jones View Post
    the trhottles are in the reverse but that's not a problem.
    Not sure about the Italians, but the pre-WW2 French aircraft had the throttle direction reversed compared to US/British/German aircraft as well. Push to close, pull to open.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Not sure about the Italians, but the pre-WW2 French aircraft had the throttle direction reversed compared to US/British/German aircraft as well. Push to close, pull to open.
    Thank goodness they don't have that system in cars.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Being the owner of an Italian car I have to agree with you!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    No, but they drive cars the right side of the road !

Icon25

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    I just today finished an ad-hoc 2D panel for the G18V (using all G18V gauges and a screencap) and was about to test it out when I decided to check the SOH forums. Funny how this stuff comes up when you least expect it. I'm planning on getting hold of Sig. Villa to see if it would be OK to upload it as an add-on...
    HI RALLY,
    YES YOU HAVE MY AUTHORIZATION TO UPLOAD YOUR 2D PANEL FOR MY FIAT G.18V.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS.

Icon23

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    I'm a HUGE fan of Manuele Villa's work.The G12s,G18s,SM79s,MC202s,MC204s...wow!
    HI HORUS,
    I'M STILL WORKING ON C.R.D.A. CANT Z1007......

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    HI HORUS,
    I'M STILL WORKING ON C.R.D.A. CANT Z1007......
    CANT wait! I am a greeeat fan of your planes!
    Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by mvg3d View Post
    HI RALLY,
    YES YOU HAVE MY AUTHORIZATION TO UPLOAD YOUR 2D PANEL FOR MY FIAT G.18V.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS.

Thank you very much, sir! I have just a few bugs to work out and then it will be uploaded.

Members who have read this thread: 50