MILVIZ - NORTH AMERICAN F-86 SABRE one day sale only 3/2/14 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MILVIZ - NORTH AMERICAN F-86 SABRE one day sale only 3/2/14

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    LOL!!! Now that is a bit of a smart*ss remark if you don't mind me saying so.

Mi-24 by Nemeth I presume, Dr. Watson? Nah! Don't fly helo's that much. My next endeavor will be accusim stuff. Got the whole week off and feeling confident (about a whole lot of **** to do)

And looking forward to buying the Milviz F-15C and F-4E when they are released!

Dumonceau
    Of course it's a smart*ss remark...I LOVE the Sabre, but was reduced to cursing and having to watch the YouTube tutorial anytime I wanted to start the ND Mil-24. The CH-53, I have never really gotten to work right. And I know on both (Mil-24 and CH-53) if I'd build (or use an existing) a checklist, I could do it right every time...However, I (like you also, apparently), am just not into that these days....In my case, it's probably too many hours spent with ICBM checklists both in the sim and the real world: "Read a step, do a step, get a banana...", as we used to say.

Have fun with the F-86! I'm totally with you on the F-4E!!!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    LOL!!! Now that is a bit of a smart*ss remark if you don't mind me saying so.

Mi-24 by Nemeth I presume, Dr. Watson? Nah! Don't fly helo's that much. My next endeavor will be accusim stuff. Got the whole week off and feeling confident (about a whole lot of **** to do)

And looking forward to buying the Milviz F-15C and F-4E when they are released!

Dumonceau
    Since both of those have nuke consent switches and are more complex to start I think I can justify a lil quickstart setup for you
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Since both of those have nuke consent switches and are more complex to start I think I can justify a lil quickstart setup for you
    Baaie dankie!! (sorry if my Afrikaans is a bit off)

You cannot imagine how long I've been waiting for a good F-4E/F for FSX. My Cloud9 portover Phantom still gets a lot of mileage!

Dumonceau

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Now the fun will start!

The way this plane flies is incredible. Take her up to over 10000 ft, stall her, kick the rudder and see how she spins and how she recovers using standard method.

We had lots of fun testing this bird. I hope you have more yourself too:
    Indeed! Once you get her into the air, she's bags of fun! Lot's of things to explore about her!

OT but seems close enough to me. However even though I am South African my afrikaans is...well...bare minimum. I ming the tails a lot. You been down here at all?
    -JB

This is always funny to me, complaints about too much realism. I always want to ask what part of "simulation" isn't understood in the label "flight simulator." To each his own, I suppose, and there is certainly no shortage of planes that make few, if any, realistic demands on one's flight sim experience. Can't get 'em too realistic for me, however, at least in terms of operating the actual aircraft. I'm not that big a fan of the new impetus to include pre-flight checks and maintenance. It's a "flight sim" for me, not an "airplane ownership sim." To each his own...

Anyway, I hope many of you picked up this very nice aircraft during the sale. It's a winner, and occupies one of the coveted permanent spots in my FSX hangar.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    OT but seems close enough to me. However even though I am South African my afrikaans is...well...bare minimum. I ming the tails a lot. You been down here at all?
    No sadly not yet. But I hear it is a stunningly beautiful country. I learned a few words from a SA girl that I dated a couple of years ago. And since my native language is Dutch, which in its 17th century form is actually the basis of Afrikaans, it's not too difficult to comprehend.

Take care,

Dumonceau
    Last edited by Dumonceau; March 5th, 2014 at 00:13.

Some day I've got to read the documentation for FSX... Meantime I'm enjoying this gorgeous bird and I have to say the user manual hits the right tone to my mind - not too dry or overly serious. This may be a simulator but I fly for fun as well as to learn. My hangar now has a permanent bay for the F-86, alongside the Fw190s and Ta152s. And my favourite pterodactyl, the Wyvern.

Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 126