Got sad news last night...our friend Collin past yesterday.

Thread: Got sad news last night...our friend Collin past yesterday.

Lat:N3650.1 Long:W11403.3 Elev: 1975 K67L

Exclamation Got sad news last night...our friend Collin past yesterday.

Collin Glendinning were ever you are I just want to you to know, you have been a great friend and mentor I will remember you forever.
    Last edited by Captain Tenneal; March 1st, 2014 at 05:35.
    The Virtual Navy

"I Survived the Unpleasantness"...

im not real sure i knew who he was,but id like to send my condolences to his family and friends.Dave

Unhappy Reply...

I will miss Collin dearly, he was a very kind soul who understood all too well the issues that I and grizzly50 have with our legs. He was much worse off than either of us, because the damage to his legs stemmed from his work in the British Merchant Marine during a fire where he put his own life on the line to save others.

Despite the fact that he was in constant pain, he would always ask me when we spoke about how my legs were doing, and often took his upon himself to make ships in CFS2 for people, such as the SS Ohio tanker. Collin was a true gentlemen, a class act, and as others said, had a wicked sense of humor.

For those who don't know who he was, here are some examples of his handiwork: http://simviation.com//lair/cfs2shipyard.htm

I hope God keeps the grog handy...you know how those British sailors can be. Godspeed, my friend.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Very sorry to hear this a hero has passed, a veteran is marching in heaven.
    Condolences, to His family and friends..

Colin was a Senior Captain of those of us who make ships and naval models and mods for CFS2 and some other sims, he was a British gentleman from a past generation who started out as a lad training on one of the last sail training ships in Britian, he learned his seamanship from the keel up and rose in the ranks to be a highly respected officer in the British Merchant Marine in one of the finest shipping lines of his time. He retired and lived in London in a small flat on the outskirts of London and had a busy and happy daily routine visiting with friends and a neighboring tea shop that he visited daily and was a much loved customer of, he took suceeding generations of waitresses under his wing and was loved by them all. I met him now many years ago when i first started studying flight sims as he and I were drawn together by our shared love of ships and the sea, naval history and naval war and warships. We talked hundreds of hours sometimes for hours at a time on Skype, and he was my mentor in ship modeling and testing and I was a tester for his ships and ship designs. He made some of the best WWII ships for CFS2 with totally accurate shapes and textures he has a library of actual authenic naval pant ships from WWII and his camo schemes were the best in any sim.

He also loved the Korean war era and was working with the Fox Five group on that. His other loves included rail road history, british and he collected scale models of them as well as the ship lore and love he had. He worked with many of us including Sully who developed some wonderful ships of his own to suppliment WWII with essential ship types we had not had before and Colin was always ready with advice and help for any of us who needed to consult and to work on new projects. He was close to his family and they helped care for him when he faced his medical challenges, and he had been in and out of hospital at times over the past years but I had hoped he would remain with us for many years to come.

It is never easy to lose a shipmate, and I will always always miss him. He has set sail on his last voyage and I will always think of him fondly and wish him safe journey, calm seas and fair winds wherever he may fare.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hmsbellona.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	4916
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Sad news. RIP Collin.
    Just about all of us who have had CFS2 as one of our sim pastimes have obtained ships from Collin's shipyard. Glad to see they're still available.

Very sad. Collin contributed a lot to our community.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Devastating news, my condolences to his family & friends.

I've been talking with Collin, on & off, for some time with a view to bringing some of his models into FS2004 In his honour I will attempt to complete that work, so his fine creations can be appreciated by yet another group of simmers. Rest well Collin.
    Andy

Members who have read this thread: 54