Korea USAF - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Korea USAF

I now have the AI jets attacking the airfield in N.Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_1 View Post
    Talon, I'm an old sailor so my preference if it came down to that would be the USN campaign. It's much easier to land on an airfield, however. The biggest problem I have with this sim is carrier landings. Boy, those puppies sure do look small from up there.

Brings to mind the old Microprose game of F-14 Fleet Defender. For that period of development it was awesome. A guy could make some pretty good traps on the slant if he practiced. Ahhhh, the good old days (also brings to mind my old Tandy 286, which is probably resting at 60 fathoms in computer purgatory somewhere).

Seriously now......you've worked hard on these campaigns and they're very good. It would be an absolute shame to see anything on Korea go to waste, in particular your stuff. I keep thinking that there must be a way. If you need some grunt work done to change some things.......I volunteer. I'd be glad to help.......dumb as I am, I CAN follow instructions.......I think.

Stay the course my friend.......if you're able.

Alpha_1

I still have a copy of Fleet Defender. Books and all. Not sure if it would work on this computer or not. I do have Gunship 2000 working through DosBox. I had to get an ISO copy as there is no way to use the one I have. I don't have a floppy drive on this one. I have alot of the old MicroProse games. They were the best back in the day.

Talon,

What did you have to do?
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Wow, thanks Talon! This is great.

Mort

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Alpha_1

I still have a copy of Fleet Defender. Books and all. Not sure if it would work on this computer or not. I do have Gunship 2000 working through DosBox. I had to get an ISO copy as there is no way to use the one I have. I don't have a floppy drive on this one. I have alot of the old MicroProse games. They were the best back in the day.

Talon,

What did you have to do?
    Blood,
    New airfile did the trick but still testing it to make sure.

I'm also going to turn my attention some other fhings.
    Last edited by Talon; March 1st, 2014 at 14:31.

Members who have read this thread: 32