can you take out.....

Thread: can you take out.....

can you take out.....

im still cleaning up my FSX install,and id like to remove a couple of the aircraft that came with FSX,namely the big jets and a couple others....is it ok if ive copied all the panel (gauge).cabs ?

It's fine I guess if you don't use AI aircraft. Those same airplanes are what make up the AI traffic you see. . .not only Commercial traffic but GA and Corporate Jets as well. Take those out and the AI goes away.

ok,thank you...see?? this is why i ask what seem to be stupid questions...i had no idea on that...so Thanks.

Hi - if you still want them as AI, then open the folder of the aircraft that you don't want to show in the selection, view the 'aircraft' config and on the 'panel =' line - just put an 'x' to whatever is there.
    Most of them have just 'panel = ' so then you would make it 'panel = x' or some of the cessna 172 panels would then be 'panel = G1000x'.

FSX will still use the aircraft as AI but you will not see them in the aircraft selection.

ok..cool..will do..thank you

In planes CFG do this in front of panel

//panel

it will keep it for AI but will be out of sim menu!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Carter View Post
    In planes CFG do this in front of panel

//panel

it will keep it for AI but will be out of sim menu!!!
    Yeah, that works too, but I get too tired when I type more than one character

wondering why

I just tried the '//panel='solution and it did not work. Default planes still in menu. Tried deleting the 'panel=' line and that didn't work. But, 'panel=x' does work fine.

Are there differences in our systems that allows one method and not others?
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

OK - I just tried the // and it didn't work on mine although I thought it should - as // can be used at the beginning of notes so FSX will not see them.

Also it does not have to be an 'x' on the 'panel =' - just as long as what's there does not match any panel name.

Instead of editing the aircraft.cfg file, simply open the aircraft folder and rename the Panel folder to panelX.

If you look at the default FSX AI aircraft, such as the DH_Dash8_100, you will see that they do not have a Panel folder at all.
    FSX is looking for a folder named exactly Panel and adding the X makes the folder invisible to it.

This will remove the aircraft from the menu but leave it available to be used as AI if required.

Members who have read this thread: 80