NOTICE: Anti-Piracy Detection

Thread: NOTICE: Anti-Piracy Detection

NOTICE: Anti-Piracy Detection

Just as a heads-up, L-M reports that they have added some anti-piracy detection routines to P3Dv2.1 among which is a "close P3D if user right-clicks on the screen."

What this really means is that there is a licensing problem that the user will need to take up with Lockheed-Martin's Prepar3D team directly.

It does not however necessarily mean that users reporting this specific problem are definitely "pirates" but rather that this is one possibility.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

If I click right mouse button in 2.1 have huge drop of fps only ; > . Legal version has a problem too with right click? ; )))))
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yo-Yo, that would be a different issue entirely. Folks running 'cracked' api.dll files will experience a sudden crash to desktop when they right-click on the screen.

The only thing that is supposed to happen for properly licensed systems is that as before, a context menu will popup on screen.

The caveat was included because there have been at least three cases that L-M is aware of where legitimate customers have had other problems with their installation that presented the same symptoms, so we should not be quick about accusing folks reporting this problem as "pirates," but rather advise them to contact Lockheed-Martin directly with their license details and ask for help resolving the problem.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Members who have read this thread: 46