Lockheed L-18 Project - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed L-18 Project

Continuing to improve the fuselage tail section, vtails and rudders shapes (thank you Moses03).
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Lockheed L-18 Question

Milton, I got a few odd pictures of the L-18 by my house, close-up of the nose with the taxi light, side lights under the cockpit, tail lights, and a few others.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0178.jpg   DSCN0168.jpg   DSCN0164.jpg   DSCN0165.jpg   DSCN0171.jpg  
    Last edited by wbuchart; March 1st, 2014 at 15:26.

Thank you Sir; that is very helpful. Nice clear details there. Excellent picture quality.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Confessions of a convert; part1

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Let's add some nice views and music to this great project.

Video one: starting up the 1,200 hp Wright Cyclone GR1820-G102A or GR1820-G202A or R-1820-87 engines.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yOIE3D_avA

Video two: The great shiny bird in her element.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM9d62D2JzQ

Video three: travelling with the C-60A (in formation with another Lodestar)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC3vUHkCo7Q

((whispering) What do you think of that sound, Nigel? )

Cheers,
    Maarten
    ((icon: yelling :icon))

Great finds, Maarten!
    Never new the C-60 could sound so awesome.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Confessions of a convert; part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Fuselage tail redo; much better I think compared to picture above.
    I've never hidden my hitherto indifference to the Lodestar.
    No prejudice - just an aircraft that never managed to steal my heart.

That was until now...

What have ye done Sir!

What beauty! What mastery of the eye and vertice!

She's an absolute DOLL Milton.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Just look at that ROUND, PLUMP girl...

She's a beauty, Milton!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

She certainly is!

LOL Guys; thanks; we were making some great progress until we ran across some really nice station drawings with more accurate everything. Why do these things show up after the modeling is done.

At any rate, started last night redoing the vtail and htail; that work is just now done. Just working on redoing fuselage cockpit, windows and doors, then to get the cockpit windshield area realigned for the umpteenth time, a very complex task pushing lots of vertices around to flatten the windshield glass area. You can see in teh attached how the windows are of about 4-6" depending, the cargo doors a bit more, passenger door close, bathroom window way off. Just hard to find decent 3-views these days it seems. Thanks to Moses03 for finding a few drawings that helped get this more correct.

Anyway, if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. :-) So, no hurry, lots of due diligence at the moment.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi,

Amazing job being done here.... . ..... this airplane looks too heavy to get off the ground ! She's a beauty.

Andy

Milton - It's wonderful to watch the work progress on the L-18. I've liked the Loadstars ever since, as a kid, I saw a picture of H.H. returning from his '38 around the world flight. Looking forward to this beauty's completion.

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

Hey thanks guys. Just finished up all the fuselage changes, windows and doors cut, and humpty-dumpty is back together again. Just need to re-animate the doors and some small touchups. Looks okay in FS9.

Having moved the cockpit windows forward a bit, I need to go inside to push cockpit stuff around. Looks like we can better accommodate 14 passengers now in the airline version. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I saw this and thought about Garry J Smith...

... when you see the pics, you'll know why!

http://www.wingnet.org/rtw/RTW007S.HTM

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

With completing the revamping of the fuselage and tail section, part of the task was recutting in the doors and windows shown here in preparation.

Everything reanimated and working shown here in FS. We got lights, plenty lights, and we have 6000 pounds of radios now in inventory. :-)

With that done, I have moved to the inside getting ready to properly appoint the cabin as its time to get the revenue stream in focus. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Classic Airliner Cabin WIP

Just to let you know I am not sleeping in, here has been the focus this morning. Should get all the cabin amenities done today, then on to the cockpit.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hey Milton,

This project is looking great! Can't wait to see it in my sim. I really appreciate the hours and hours you pour into these.

Thanks

Thanks pfflyer. Still crankin' on the cabin parts and having fun. :-) She is shaping up.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Looking for Primary Texture Artist for Lodestar Project

Since Nigel is busy with several projects textures and sounds, I am open for a quality primary texture artist to do the Lodestar civilian and military exterior and interior textures. Included must be a paint kit.

I am thinking that 3 civvie L-18 and max 2 military C-56/57/59/60A textures for the project release.

I expect to have all the mapping done before end of March, or about 3-4 weeks.

For Civvie liveries, most have some bare metal work mixed with the paint so that may be a challenge.

Thinking about Continental, Trans-Canada, South African Airways, National, Canadian Pacific, Alaska Star, Trans-Australia, Swedair, Panair Do Brazil, SA, Pacific Alaska, and United Airlines Speedliner as some possibilities to select from.

Interested? PM me please.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

It's great to see this superb model coming to being before one's eyes!

Sascha

I think the later National livery is really pretty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJk3vhf82hw (0:45 into the clip)

You can't go wrong with any of those that Milton listed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lodestar National.jpg   Lodestar National 1.jpg   Lodestar National 2.jpg  

I think it's hilarious that the last two seats are narrower to fit in the fuselage. Well played, Lockheed. Well played.

And I'd love to volunteer for the primary painter position, but I am not nearly confident enough in my bare metal-fu to take on that challenge.

sorry about the delay on this one but good luck with the build of the aircraft and also hopefully ill get to fly it soon...is it for fs9??

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    I think it's hilarious that the last two seats are narrower to fit in the fuselage. Well played, Lockheed. Well played.
    Actually I thought they were meant for cabin attendents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    And I'd love to volunteer for the primary painter position, but I am not nearly confident enough in my bare metal-fu to take on that challenge.
    Same for me, I'm afraid. I don't have the proper tools nor the skill to create a bare metal skin. When it comes to repainting on a metal skin, it is a different story.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Another beautiful Milton creation!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Been busy constructing the cabin and cockpit interiors and have made excellent progress with the cabin mostly complete.

In the cockpit I thought this beauty needed new seats and yoke stems so that has been a part of today's activity.

Got the exterior lights in place now and its ready for mapping as is the cabin.

The cockpit will take some time yet with so much to do although the new pilots seem to feel at home there.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Lightbulb

Such a wonderful airplane!!!

Members who have read this thread: 93