JF Canberra PR9 is out - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: JF Canberra PR9 is out

You're not alone with the Flight Analysis problem Jan. When I click on it, I get this..#
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: canberra_flight_analysis.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 5304b90a
    Problem Signature 04: System.Drawing
    Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 5073c7ec
    Problem Signature 07: 79e
    Problem Signature 08: 6c
    Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409
    If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I opened a ticket at JF shortly after downloading and George suggested I try running it from the panel folder itself but I'd already tried this. I've noticed a few oddities with switches and lights which may be related to the fact something is missing.. eg, up to date dot net files or similar. I dunno to be honest. This is a fresh install on a fresh install of Win7 Ultimate so anything is possible. Unfortunately, the error doesn't give any clues.. not that I can see.
    Still.. I'm not downhearted. It's a smashing model and one of the few I have of this type that's a pleasure to hand fly;-)

ATB
    Dave:-)

I've been encountering another problem that I've reported to their support team, and thought I'd share it here.

Basically, I'm getting a Fatal Error message and FSX restart whenever I attempt to use one of the FSX Navigation tools.

I got the Fatal Error message whenever I attempted to load a save flight plan for flying (the Canberra). Just a few minutes ago I was on a flight to Spokane, WA with autopilot. When I called up the FSX map to verify an NDB frequency, I got a Fatal Error again when I closed out (cancelled) the map view.

I'm guessing that the GPS is conflicting with something, but don't know for sure. Other than that, this is a lot of fun to fly.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    You're not alone with the Flight Analysis problem Jan. When I click on it, I get this..#

Thank you, Dave! In any case it's good to know i'm not the only one having a problem with it. Let's see what happens...

cheers,
    jan

Hate to mention this but I just tried the Flight Analysis Tool for the first time... It works just dandy for me.

Wonder why others are having problems with it?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Hate to mention this but I just tried the Flight Analysis Tool for the first time... It works just dandy for me. Wonder why others are having problems with it?
    In my case I think it's because I'm running Windows XP Home (32-bit) and the error prompt I get says it's "...not a valid Win32 application". I'd like to be able to use all the plane's features but I fixed the nose wheel steering by manually tweaking the cfg file. That's all I wanted to use the Flight Analysis tool for - when I found out I couldn't use it.

Charter Member 2012
    No bugs noticed here...

This is a fun stick and rudder airplane, that requires a lot of rudder to control adverse yaw when rolling. Great for scenery observation at low altitude, in areas like Orbx Northern California... with it's bubble canopy offers a great view and you can cruise as low as 150 mph, or as fast as 450 if you need to get somewhere.

For landing you have positive roll control down to 110, then once aligned with the runway, you can slow further, flaring to about 90 before touchdown... it will land in 1000 ft if you're careful; 2500 ft runways are not too hard, so landing in many Orbx small airports is challenging but very doable. Very enjoyable to fly and sight see in, haven't looked too in depth at systems.

Ground steering control is fairly easy if you use differential power in addition to the castoring nose wheel.

Pretty big problem is that the Canberra Flight Analysis Tool is not compatible with WinXP

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Pretty big problem is that the Canberra Flight Analysis Tool is not compatible with WinXP

Zsoltquack, maybe time to change an OS? Now, many games and addons too works only on Vista and more. I know, it isnt an easy decision but trust me, FSX and other games, simulators works better (and stable) on Win7 than on XP.
    Many sims now use a DirectX 10/11... on IL-2 Cliffs of Dover, IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad, new incoming engine of DCS, P3D ect.

But for sure, here Win XP is OK as needed system: http://www.justflight.com/product/canberra-pr9-download .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I know some people who are having trouble with the tool are using Win7-64, so it's not limited to XP.Works fine for me though.

Odd as it worked on my Win7 64bit PC.

The tool also works fine under Win8.1, but I'm finding that the frame rate hit I have with this aircraft makes it unusable.

I have raised a ticket, but nothing has come of it.

Dave

Is that a trick of the shot angle or an incredibly small Vulcan??

ATB
    DaveB:-)

<center style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); line-height: 15.989999771118164px; background-color: rgb(239, 239, 239);">FSX Avro Vulcans And Retro Scenery
    </center><center style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); line-height: 15.989999771118164px; background-color: rgb(239, 239, 239);">[ Download | View ]</center>
    Name: jy_ai_vulcans_fsx_1.zip
    Size: 84,194,841 Date: 01-25-2013 Downloads: 892

FSX Avro Vulcans And Retro Scenery of RAF Waddington with 26 aircraft. 7-LOD models with eight variations and a variety of textures, including the only flying Vulcan remaining in the world - XH558. Also included is a sound pack that will make the room shake when the aircraft depart and a paint kit. By John Young, ACG. Sound by Military Sound Studios.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    The Throttles are not working with my CH Pro Throttle.
    Mike
    ?
    Doesnt work on FSX settings? My CH Throttle Quadrant works fine, all levers.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No,
    throttles generally assigned to FSUIPC registered version.
    Mike

PS.solved
    Last edited by big-mike; February 24th, 2014 at 08:25.

Thanks for that zsoltquak.. I have Wadders and the JY Vulcans so it's obviously a trick of the shot angle. Also.. I have 'aircraft cast shadows' enabled which would make a difference;-)

Mentioning shadows.. I also have aircraft casting shadows on themselves enabled and the PR9's wire AE casts a pretty awful shadow onto the model but that's by the by.
    ATB
    DaveB:-)

Mike,I'm fairly certain that the throttles are run through SimConnect because of systems and potential failure scenarios. From what I can gather, that means that you have to assign your throttle axes within FSX itself rather than through an external program such as FSUIPC.

I've got my throttles assigned via FSUIPC & they work fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by delta558 View Post
    Mike,I'm fairly certain that the throttles are run through SimConnect because of systems and potential failure scenarios. From what I can gather, that means that you have to assign your throttle axes within FSX itself rather than through an external program such as FSUIPC.
    Thanks---it`s working momently.
    I have them connected via an Hub and i think,that the Hub is dying.
    Will watch that.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I know some people who are having trouble with the tool are using Win7-64, so it's not limited to XP.Works fine for me though.

That's correct, i'm on W7/64 too. I don't get an error message or anything like that when i try to run the FA tool, it's just that nothing happens...

Nice one Andy, I must find that painting by Frank Wootton, from memory it was a PR9, I have it in the library here but just to find it

Yep, this skin "rulez".

But I like this grey too:

The second shot of the grey skin is a beauty.

Members who have read this thread: 86