JF Canberra PR9 is out - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: JF Canberra PR9 is out

That's a pretty standard thing to do anyway if you want to avoid problems. I always start this way

ATB
    DaveB

I simply cannot get this plane started. Is there a quick start-up procedure I'm missing? I thought that was the lightning box icon on the panel selector box?

There seems to be a You Tube on the page before this one?
    https://youtu.be/xppQhnTNehc

To actually start the engines is easy. Assuming you've got as far as having pwr connected.. you basically open the fuel panel and make sure every switch is up (on) then open the start panel. For the left engine.. make sure the upper left 'electric start' is selected then switch up the master and ignition switches for engine 1 then hit the start button. Have a cursory glance over to make sure the throttles aren't in the fuel cutoff position and the engine will start. Do the same for engine 2.

If you're starting with every switch in the cockpit turned to off.. then a little more reading is required

EDIT: Nearly forgot.. there's a Take Off panel too. Make sure all those switches are up though if you're not getting the engines started.. the Take Off panel is irrelevant.
    ATB
    DaveB

I do love this Canberra , the cockpit textures are so well done, I the biggest thing is getting the feel for a 1950's style cockpit , I know the 'JF Dev in house team' is very busy at mo, but to have the Vulcan (yip I know as you all would - I have the 'Vulcan to the Sky' and the Iris package) but to be done with this attention to detail .... and for some reason it has that real feel about it !

I hear what you say Ian but the Canberra already pushes my rig to places thus far the reserve of MilViz (with the exception of the Tonka which went well beyond) Can you honestly imagine how a Vulcan would run engineered by the same team to the same detail??? There'd be more than one XH558 grounded!!

Anywho.. the Iris Vulcan is still a darned good model and the flightdeck holds up well. If they're gonna make something.. P L E A S E let it be different
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    If they're gonna make something.. P L E A S E let it be different
    Hmmm ... maybe a Victor then, now that would be one heck off a project,

Orr.. a Jagular

Back on topic.. I'm not sure what's happening with the engine start on the SP3 version. The first time I tried, they wouldn't light (though that turned out to be finger trouble on my part). The second time.. both engines lit when starter No.1 was hit. After that.. the engines remained lit (when loading from the default Cessna) until I tried again last night when they were cold. Under normal circumstances.. I'd select the 'keep current state' option but I've not selected anything.. just direct nose control in the cfg with all else left at default.
    It doesn't bother me much as I know they'll start from cold but I can't quite fathom why sometimes, they remain lit (after chopping from the startup/default Cessna) and others.. they're cold.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Jaguar or VC10 would get my money.
    How about a Belfast?

I think the workload needed for the PR9 start-up procedure exceeds the capabilities of my computer. I followed the how-to video exactly and couldn't keep the engines running. I was only able to get it started by using the method previously mentioned: starting another plane and then selecting the PR9. I'm also getting the "Your computer has run out of memory..." show-stopper during flights which is a pretty good sign it's just too much for my rig.

The 'Your computer has run out of available memory' isn't a good sign. What are your system specs mate? I was able to run it (just) on my old WinXP rig though it wasn't happy (me neither)!!

ATB
    DaveB

Ah, the good 'ole days of fs6/7/8 etc when we could jump into a "Hot" aircraft, release the brakes and go.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    The 'Your computer has run out of available memory' isn't a good sign. What are your system specs mate? I was able to run it (just) on my old WinXP rig though it wasn't happy (me neither)!!

ATB
    DaveB
    Dave, here are my specs (don't laugh):

Windows XP 32-bit
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics card
    2.50 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual-Core
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    Gigabyte G41M-ES2L motherboard
    Two 2048 Mb DDR2 RAM sticks (that's all I can install)

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Dave, here are my specs (don't laugh):

Windows XP 32-bit
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics card
    2.50 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual-Core
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    Gigabyte G41M-ES2L motherboard
    Two 2048 Mb DDR2 RAM sticks (that's all I can install)
    Hello mate.

No laughing here. We have what we have and make the best of it

Honestly.. I think the PR9 is probably too much for your setup. My WinXP rig is also 32bit and my graphics card is similar (Asus GTX560Ti) but I have an intel E8400 dual-core in it which is 3gig out of the box. RAM is neither here nor there as you (like me on that rig) are restricted by the 32bit OS. The PR9 is heavy on that rig.. too heavy to be fun so it never got used. TBH.. it's heavy on my current rig.. as heavy as I'm comfortable going and this is Win7 Ultimate, Palit GTX560Ti (1.2gig), intel i5 2500K(3.3-3.7gig) with 8gig of system ram.

I'd have thought you'd have been able to start it mind.. even if it ran like a dog. That said.. I tried the QW146/RJ in FSX on the WinXP rig and it didn't have enough get up and go to initialize the gauges!! Ran like a dream in FS9 too.
    ATB
    DaveB

A demo of the Canberra PR9 is available if you want to assess performance on your PC before purchasing it - http://www.justflight.com/demos

If you are still encountering engine start issues then please make sure to contact our support team - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Still a great aircraft!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I love this aircraft too. Just a shame it's not multiplayer compatible.

That's a lovely shot Ferry Looks like a phot at first glance
    ATB
    DaveB

Last night I had one of the engines failed during to roll, my guess is the abusive power input (?) that was the first time occurred since I had the PR9 many months ago lol

Btw, I browsed here and there and couldnt find any 3rd party repaints, either historical or fictional. If anyone knows something, please
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Quote Originally Posted by Peg o my heart View Post
    Last night I had one of the engines failed during to roll, my guess is the abusive power input (?) that was the first time occurred since I had the PR9 many months ago lol
    The Canberra can only sustain negative G for several seconds before the engines will start to get starved of fuel
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Jaguar or VC10 would get my money.
    A long time ago the RAF were delivering a batch of Jaguars to the Omani Air Force, at which time (in a previous life) I was present for reasons that I can't divulge.
    Apparently most of the RAF personnel involved were 'Hooray Harrys' and indulged in some 'interesting' low level flying.
    It came to an abrupt halt when one of the 'Chicken' runs almost demolished two aircrew, one Toyota Corolla and one Jaguar.
    The 'game' involved one aircraft screaming down a highway a naught feet while approaching one car driven in the opposite direction by a fellow pilot.
    As you can see, the intrepid Jaguar pilot came in a trifle lower than planned, while the far more intrepid Corolla pilot remained firmly on course.
    I manged to catch up with the Jaguar and the Corolla shortly after the 'incident', and I have no idea how the Corolla owner was going to word his insurance claim ........... good thing he ducked!
    Not the best images but my group were supposed to 'blend into the background', I guess it proves we blended rather well.
    That Jaguar must have been built like a brick dunny, which is probably why I retain a strong affection for the type to this day.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaguars in Oman_000.jpg   Jaguars in Oman_001.jpg   Jaguars in Oman_002.jpg   Jaguars in Oman_003.jpg   Jaguars in Oman_005.jpg   Jaguars in Oman_004.jpg  

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    at which time (in a previous life) I was present for reasons that I can't divulge.
    WOMBAT Moral off the story , don't piss a Jaguar off , it will try and bite your head off!

I seriously love those photo's !

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Still a great aircraft!

Nice one Ferry .. YIP ! ... Just something about about this Canberra, In the RNZAF Wigram museum they have a close relative , well in saying that the very era and style of aircraft , the cockpit of a two seat vampire , this is where this Canberra really shined ... then off course if we travel 50 miles south of Christchurch you can visit the Ashburton Aviation Museum were at request have the option to jump into the cockpit of the old RAF's Raspberry Ripple Canberra cockpit ... just for desert!

It's amazing getting all around the internals .. the Navigators Nose Section as they would call it in the pilots notes and to get in the back to the Nav's normal station ... truthfully on a B(1).Mk.12 nose section was for weapon aiming ... but its just great to be able to really study it.

Members who have read this thread: 86