Marianas 1945 Uploaded
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marianas 1945 Uploaded

Marianas 1945 Uploaded

Marianas 1945 was uploaded this morning. The culmination of over a years work. It is a complex scenery representing Guam north to the Maug Islands. There is a mixture of photo real and standard landclass. Real photographs and documentation was used when available. This scenery only works in FSX and Prepar3D v1.4. Those using Prepar3D v1.4 should read the documentation carefully regarding the landclass around the airfields. There seems to be a glitch in P3D with regards to SBuilderX. If you reload the scenery within the flight under World (like adding a new area but only click ok) the airfield landclass will appear. This is not a problem in FSX. Thanks to the beta testers and the gracious contributions from object makers. Should be a great place to fly the Virtavia B-29, P-51s and P-47 fighters.

There are some fun things to look for that are part of history. Several examples are the surrender of Aguijan and the Japanese hold out with his camp on the island of Tinian. There are multiple effects mostly with exploding aircraft and burning ships in some areas. Hope you enjoy.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Blog Entries
    Great looking scenery....
    Thank you.....
    Craig.

Again!!!

THX a lot!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank you so much for this!!

I can only wish/hope for someone to do the same for an ETO base.

But thanks again!

Dumonceau

SUPERB Tom ... I'm going in

Cool great

Been waiting for this, finally a place for my b-29's thank you very much.

Looks great, Tom! Another milestone!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

A great big thank you to all involved - brilliant scenery; the detail is phenomenal!! Here's 'Jokers Wild' entering the pattern for Isley passing the harbour and Tinian West.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B-29 Joker Tinian 1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	4476

Dumonceau - there are many fighter and some bomber bases from the ETO available from Ian's Dark Corner here but beware if you have OrbX England.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Thank you so much for this!!

I can only wish/hope for someone to do the same for an ETO base.

But thanks again!

Dumonceau
    Hmm, I've been thinking about "USS Corsica" for quiete a while. Together with the awesome photoscenery from FranceVFR this could be a nice platform for certain upcoming B-25s and P39s. And P47s which are available of course. Time to reenact "Catch 22" and haul some Mitchells from Alesani airfield... or P39 or P47 from Ghisonaccia... hmmmm.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I finally loaded this scenery. I have noticed a number of airfields, including runways, are filled with trees, bushes, and other vegetation. Not all of the airstrips are like this, some are normal. This may have been addressed in the "read me" files, but I don't have the program to open them. Anyone have a solution?
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    I finally loaded this scenery. I have noticed a number of airfields, including runways, are filled with trees, bushes, and other vegetation. Not all of the airstrips are like this, some are normal. This may have been addressed in the "read me" files, but I don't have the program to open them. Anyone have a solution?
    I've got the same problem. I did try to use ADE9X to create an excluded for the whole airport, but that didn't work.
    So I just used Instant Scenery 3 to create the excludes for the unwanted tree's. (which does work) Now i'm in the
    middle of adding more parking for Tinian North Field. This is with the static a/c in place.

I do plan to do an afcad with static a/c removed and then splitting the airport into 4 parts to use all 4 runways. Parking spots are assigned for each BG. I will be using John Young's native AI B-29 for the base. Once that is done its on to the 2 most important
    parts, which is painting and flightplans for each a/c, neither at which i'm any good at. (especially the flightplans)

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

I also have trees and bushes all over Tinian. Guam seems fine.
    I cannot open the readme's either. Will try to convert them to a pdf or something.
    Not sure if I have the scenery folders installed in the right order? Here is what I have done.

Objects
    Small
    Large
    Mesh

Not sure why you guys are showing the trees and bushes. All the airfields have exclusion polys to prevent that.

As for the readme you probably have an older version of Microsoft Word. Here is zip file containing the Readme documents in Word 97-03. Download HERE!!

If anyone has an idea why some see the trees and bushes, please let me know so I can fix for all. At present I am working on adaption Marianas 1945 for use in Prepar3D version 2.1. There is considerable work to be done but that is what I am working on now.

All the exclusions were made with Airport Design Editor using the latest updated version.

Robert41, you should move the Marianas 1945 Objects down to just above the Mesh file.

Great job! My B-29 looks like it finally found a home...Thanks for the superb work!

Tom,
    I checked all the ADE files for the scenery and they do have the excludes (using ADE9X 1.60)
    I don't know why they show up, but using IS3 and the excludes within that program I removed them.
    I just did a test and removed my excludes from the scenery and then moved your scenery above my
    FTX entries and I had a jungle all over the field (Tinian North), moved them below and only the tree's
    that my excludes remove are there. Put my excludes back in and all tree's are gone. Here are my
    excludes for jojohnson9 and robert41 to try and see if they fix it for them.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Thanks Mal998, Still wanting to know why some are seeing trees on runways whereas myself and other don't. All airfields have excludes produced with ADE. Some of the beta testers had this problem but it seemed to subside for some reason. FSX can be very interesting. Please let me know so Marianas 1945 works the same for everyone. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Tom,
    I checked all the ADE files for the scenery and they do have the excludes (using ADE9X 1.60)
    I don't know why they show up, but using IS3 and the excludes within that program I removed them.
    I just did a test and removed my excludes from the scenery and then moved your scenery above my
    FTX entries and I had a jungle all over the field (Tinian North), moved them below and only the tree's
    that my excludes remove are there. Put my excludes back in and all tree's are gone. Here are my
    excludes for jojohnson9 and robert41 to try and see if they fix it for them.

Joe
    Thanks Joe for your input. The guys having problems with the trees on Tinian North please give Joes excludes a try.

If you think this is interesting, making Marianas 1945 compatible with Prepar3D really puts on to the test. Mark Schimmer (Roger-Wilco-66) and I have been working on the solutions for a couple weeks now. Thanks again Joe for your input.

Thanks Tom. Did get the files to open.
    And, thanks Joe. The excludes work fine at Tinian.
    I still have trees at the two southern airfields on Saipan, but the northern one is fine.
    Also have trees on Rota.

robert41, I will make new airfields with different exclusions to see if that helps. We can start with Isley, Kobler and Rota. I will attach when done.

Robert, I have attached a possible fix for the three airfields mentioned. If this works for you I can do any others you have problems with. Place these two files into your Northern Marianas Large/scenery folder. Let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by stovall; February 22nd, 2014 at 16:00.

I tried the exclusion files, but still have all the trees, etc.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    robert41, I will make new airfields with different exclusions to see if that helps. We can start with Isley, Kobler and Rota. I will attach when done.

Robert, I have attached a possible fix for the three airfields mentioned. If this works for you I can do any others you have problems with. Place these two files into your Northern Marianas Large/scenery folder. Let me know.
    Thanks Tom.
    This is incredible generous.
    I will install the files as soon as I can.
    And yes, I did find some other fields with the trees.
    I will let you know.

Thanks JoJohnson9 for the input. Hard to figure out as I don't see the trees. Did you try Butchbird17's exclusions to see if they work?

Sure would like to get to the bottom of this. I know there is an easy fix.

Members who have read this thread: 67