For the Aero Union P-3 Fans Here

Thread: For the Aero Union P-3 Fans Here

For the Aero Union P-3 Fans Here

Since I've noticed all the P-3 air tanker fans, I wanted to post this here in the FSX forum -- but I didn't want to hijack the KBT thread.

I built this model two summers ago as the company was dying, to commemorate the eight best air tankers that ever flew... and my all time favorite air tanker period; the Aero Union P-3A "Aerostar". Tanker 00, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25 and 27. Lost along the way, were Tanker 24 and 26, claiming 6 aircrew among them.

I first laid eyes upon Tanker 00 during the fire season of 1990 at the Hemet Air Attack Base, where I practically spent almost every summer of my childhood. Used to C-54s, S-2As, C-123s, I figured I was staring at the Ferrari of aerial firefighting. And I was. They were sleek, fast and maneuverable. And ultimately, the most reliable... with the highest mission availability rate in firefighting.

I decided to build my 1:72 Hasegawa P-3C Update III into Tanker 17. There was a lot of cosmetic work turning a Navy P-3C into a converted civilian P-3A. That was all part of the fun.

Here is the real Tanker 17.

Ramona AAB T-17 by airattackimages.com, on Flickr

And now, my build:

Small diorama I built, depicting Pit 2 at San Bernardino Air Tanker Base:

My Phoschek stain... Hand mixed out of water colors for that "runny but dried from flight" appearance. Dragged in the direction of airflow with a feather while wet to give it the proper look.

Thanks for looking.

nice im going to forward this to Norm,when he gave us the tour of the tankers at MCC he told me T-17 was his favorite plane to operate.and took us inside to see the cockpit......i felt like a kid in a candy store...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1736.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	4292
    Norm on the top of the ladder
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1738.jpg 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	4293
    Norm at the drivers seat of T-17,his fingers are on the retardant drop controls,not much to it is there?..lol

Name:	100_1742 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	4294

Name:	100_1754.jpg 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	4295

im not trying to steal your thread..im just trying to add to it...i loved areo union and the P-3's...

Name:	100_1762.jpg 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	4296

Name:	100_1763.jpg 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	4297

Name:	100_1760.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	4298

Name:	100_1728.jpg 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	4299

Seeing your model and Dave's pics, and my interest in air tankers... using the KBT Teams 20 model, will start on series starting we 00.

I noticed on your model that the gray walkways are different than KBT's. Any info on what needs to be changed to reflect the correct versions.

Here's a few pics of my flight line of tankers...

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

hope this pic helps..from "fireaviation.com

Name:	Aero-Union-P3s-at-McClellan-8-13-2013.jpg 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	4342

what C-130 is that?.....i "own" the captsim C-130...but it wont run on tis pc..
    here is coulsons T-131,hard to see the graphics,but overall white (duh)with red fading into black with a red stripe behind,,,and the red in front of the whing,fades out into the white where it says coulson something,and next generation airtanker

Name:	Brush8.jpg 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	4343 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T-131-Photo-by-Dan-Megna-taxiing.jpg 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	4345

here is the official USFS C-130 paints for the 7 new planes to come.

Name:	C-130-paint-design.jpg 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	4344

also if anyone has the flightone....or is it justflights?...BAe-146,here are a few shots the neptunes 146's.id like this paint in a few numbers for my airtanker collection.

Name:	Tanker-160-retardant-grid-test-December-13-2013.jpg 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	4346

king air..would love to have this leadplane paint to...lol

Name:	MAFFS-Cheyenne-0977.jpg 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	4347

here is the USFS IR plane

Name:	USFS-infrared-aircraft-N149Z-at-Phoenix-in-2013.jpg 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	4348

and ofcourse another of my fav FSX planes..a USFS jump plane DHC6.

Name:	N143Z-paint.jpg 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	4349

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    hope this pic helps..from "fireaviation.com

Name:	Aero-Union-P3s-at-McClellan-8-13-2013.jpg 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	4342
    Lots of great pics on the net. I will use this example and the model also.

what C-130 is that?.....i "own" the captsim C-130...but it wont run on tis pc..
    It's the Captain Sim model.

here is the official USFS C-130 paints for the 7 new planes to come.

Name:	C-130-paint-design.jpg 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	4344
    Good looking paint job!

TuFun great job on N900AU! The slang term by a lot of the loaders for Tanker 00 was "double nuts". FYI, Tanker 22's nickname was "TuTu", thought you might like that.

By the way, I wasn't a real fan of the new USFS C-130 paint design, until Tankerguy72 made it so it could be seen in three dimensional form:

Now I like it. Look forward to having one appear in front of my lens sometime soon.

also if anyone has the flightone....or is it justflights?...BAe-146,here are a few shots the neptunes 146's.id like this paint in a few numbers for my airtanker collection.

Name:	Tanker-160-retardant-grid-test-December-13-2013.jpg 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	4346

That is not Neptunes, it's Aero Flite's new tanker. I much prefer this scheme to Neptune's.

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    That is not Neptunes, it's Aero Flite's new tanker. I much prefer this scheme to Neptune's.
    ok thanks...i just like the fact they are starting to use the 146,on www.fireaviation.com are some shots of neprunes 01,,and 02 in its last livery,40 and 41 are around somewhere.

i cant post at airtankers.net anymore...seems being an ex groundpounder and fan isnt enough to rate a membership...lol.....(and yes i know its for pilots and ATB crew)

but id like to ask why the 737 has never been tried..i look at pics of the "short wheel Base" 737s and ask myself what if you re-engined them to be a bit better up off the drop,,couldnt they then work as tankers?

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    TuFun great job on N900AU! The slang term by a lot of the loaders for Tanker 00 was "double nuts". FYI, Tanker 22's nickname was "TuTu", thought you might like that.

Thanks! By the way did you use the Draw Decals set for the model? I'm looking at those and maybe using the numbers style for use on the virtual models. Also, I've been looking at some walkaround pics for better references. I see a lot of rivets on the tail section and some screws also on the tail.

I'm looking at anything and everything...

P-3C Orion by Asao Shirai...

http://www.hsgalleries.com/gallery04/p3cas_1.htm

http://hyperscale.com/2009/galleries/p3c72aj_2.htm

http://data.primeportal.net/hangar/b...161010_002.JPG

http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/michael_block/p-3c_161594/images/p-3c_161594_10_of_25.jpg

Members who have read this thread: 62