Patch is out
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patch is out

Patch is out

Find the update under your account or there is the option of getting a new, complete package.

Downloading now!
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

It's running better, but I definitely need a better video card. My 6770 just isn't making the grade. Guess I'll start saving for a 4 gig card, but it'll be a few months before I can afford it.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

I changed my starting point from freezing my arse off in Ohio to Ford Island and palm trees . I've only flown " The Stear " a few t & g's at NPS so far but what I've seen ladies and gents , your really going to like the changes . Take my word for it . Certainly looks like a keeper and I sincerely thank LM for all the excellent service and hard work they put into this v2.1 update . Serious flying tomorrow (all over the world).Rich
    Last edited by Crusader; February 11th, 2014 at 17:32.
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

I have to admit that while reading the list of fixes, there were scant few that really pertained to anything I had run into up to this point. A lot of them were over my head (technically) so I have no clue what they were for. To me, the sim looks no different than it did last night when I did some MP Hops and I'm not sure it was supposed to look any different really. So, I have added the fixes, restarted the sim and flown a few hops. . . .right off the bat, it won't retain any mapped buttons on my joystick or throttle. I spent the better part of an hour going over and over the same setups that I had before the patch was applied and not once did it retain any of them. That's not gonna hack it because I don't use keystrokes to fly. That will be my first post on the LM Forums tomorrow. I'll try again in the morning.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Thanks for the HU on the Patch. Certainly my Pro Plus V2.1 is running much smoother on my GT610 2Gb card. Even my custom USCG/CCG AI for Sea and Air is taxing the frames. Jim's Corpus Christi CGAS is happy as pie with 2.1 and no more drop sticks in mid-flight. Now where did I leave my Iris C27J from the last flight?? Now all that's needed is to get Instant Scenery compatible in 2.1.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Awesome, thanks for the head up. I stopped my scenery development because of the patch. I think we have a better re-starting point now.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Of course, after I do the patch installation, I go back this morning and find a post that says basically. . ."Oh, by the way, it would be a good idea to delete the files/content of these 4 folders to ensure a good install". Maybe that should have been mentioned as part of the patch process? lol. . .

Also. . .anyone know where to find these? I got the first one. . .but the others, I don't find anything close on my system. . .and yes I have hidden files showing.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2. . . .saved backup/deleted content.
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2. . . can't find
    %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2. . . . . . . can't find
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files. . . . can't find

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Of course, after I do the patch installation, I go back this morning and find a post that says basically. . ."Oh, by the way, it would be a good idea to delete the files/content of these 4 folders to ensure a good install". Maybe that should have been mentioned as part of the patch process? lol. . .

Also. . .anyone know where to find these? I got the first one. . .but the others, I don't find anything close on my system. . .and yes I have hidden files showing.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2. . . .saved backup/deleted content.
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2. . . can't find
    %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2. . . . . . . can't find
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files. . . . can't find
    Ed , when I copied and pasted each line into the Windows Start (then into the search box) it took me right to the folder . I am running Windows 7 64 bit . The second line was the Shaders Folder , the 3rd line was the folder containing the dll.xml , exe.dll , and Prepar3D.cfg and the 4th line was where all your Saved Flights are . fxml and WX files . Sorry for the very non-tech explanation . Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can make an easier explanation .

Hope this gets you to where you want to be . I just did the update without the above deletions you gave which LM stated you can do if you are not experiencing any issues which so far I'm not . (Other than the FSDT Hawaiian Airports I have loaded and this I experienced in FSX and v1.4 . From what I've read it is a Add On Manager issue that FSDT uses and not P3D) . I'm still contemplating downloading the 10Gig+ Full Installer and starting from scratch . It just means a heck of a lot of reinstalling but I like the idea of a fresh install and gradually piece AC and scenery into v2.1 . I still have v1.4 on the HHD so it shouldn't be too bad of a task , just time consuming .

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Ed , when I copied and pasted each line into the Windows Start (then into the search box) it took me right to the folder . I am running Windows 7 64 bit . The second line was the Shaders Folder , the 3rd line was the folder containing the dll.xml , exe.dll , and Prepar3D.cfg and the 4th line was where all your Saved Flights are . fxml and WX files . Sorry for the very non-tech explanation . Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can make an easier explanation .

Hope this gets you to where you want to be . I just did the update without the above deletions you gave which LM stated you can do if you are not experiencing any issues which so far I'm not . (Other than the FSDT Hawaiian Airports I have loaded and this I experienced in FSX and v1.4 . From what I've read it is a Add On Manager issue that FSDT uses and not P3D) . I'm still contemplating downloading the 10Gig+ Full Installer and starting from scratch . It just means a heck of a lot of reinstalling but I like the idea of a fresh install and gradually piece AC and scenery into v2.1 . I still have v1.4 on the HHD so it shouldn't be too bad of a task , just time consuming .
    DOH!! Thanks. . .I never use the "Windows Start" option. . .never thought about that. Thanks!

Well, uninstalling current version 2 with the patch applied and downloading the 10Gig full install. The sim will not hold any of the mapping I had for my throttle or joystick. I can go into the "Control" setting menu. . .setup all the buttons for various functions, save the settings, come back out to the sim and they're gone. So dumping the sim and starting over from scratch. Not happy right now.

With all the problems reported with this update, I am glad I didn't rush to download and install it.

Is there a text file with the download that tells exactly what to do, prior to installing this??

If not, can someone post a link to a forum thread that does give instructions on this?

thanks, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    With all the problems reported with this update, I am glad I didn't rush to download and install it.
    Is there a text file with the download that tells exactly what to do, prior to installing this??
    If not, can someone post a link to a forum thread that does give instructions on this?
    thanks, NC
    Here ya go.
    http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?min...ewtopic&t=5415

This explains the process if you already have 2.0 and are applying the patch. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Here ya go.
    http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?min...ewtopic&t=5415

This explains the process if you already have 2.0 and are applying the patch. Hope this helps.
    Exactly what I was searching for. Thank you, Ed!

Well, not getting any better. Here's what I've done. Uninstalled the old 2.0+patch. Removed every remnant from the HDD. Installed the new 10gig download. Loaded P3D Ver2.1 and loaded the F-22. Went into the "controls" setup and set the button mapping just for the joystick (12 buttons). Got out and flew a circuit in the Raptor. . .all the buttons functioned correctly. Landed and loaded the f-35. . .shot some T&G's a few circuits to do some sightseeing and all the buttons continued to function. Landed, checked the controls menu for the button mapping. All was still as it should be. Loaded the T-6 TexanII and took off and things didn't seem right. I checked the controls setup and none of the buttons were mapped anymore. Very frustrating.

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    After down-loading the patch, I've decided to stick with 1.4 for the time being. Version 2/2.1 is starting to look more and more like FSX.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    After down-loading the patch, I've decided to stick with 1.4 for the time being. Version 2/2.1 is starting to look more and more like FSX.
    Can you explain that a bit more please? Being curious as a polar bear chilling in Texas.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Can you explain that a bit more please? Being curious as a polar bear chilling in Texas.
    .....continuous problems/patches that will eventually require an extreme investment in computer modification...........
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

I've been flying v2.0 "right out of the box" (with the exception of a few added aircraft). No problems so far.

After reading about the problems some folks seem to be having with the v2.1 patch, I think I'll hold off on installing it. I guess, like so many software "upgrades", it might behoove one to let whatever glitches are extant have a bit of time to shake themselves out.

We'll see...

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

I am quite happy with version 2.1
    Downloaded the patch and applied with no problem and had several advantages:
    - the build is now much more stable (previously it crashed from time to time)
    - texture swapping problem is gone
    - joystick disconnection in WIn8 is gone
    - photoreal sceneries water blending issue is now gone
    ...and all the various tweaks seem to work for me.

Three things I don't like:
    - The STOVL functionality of my F-35B seems gone :-S
    - The ships wake visibility issue is still there
    - Upon crashing the plane, it seems to go back to the last "saved" flight...

I too, am waiting for the problems to be resolved until I install the patch. The problems Falcon is having with retention of joystick controller settings is enough for me to hesitate.

I've been spending most of my time with FSX addons, etc...., than P3D anyway.

NC

Downloaded both files.

Tried to aply the patch twice, when checked show previous version 2.0.9448.0, perhaps because I have P3d installed on D drive.

Uninstalled, forgot to remove itens in "USER", installed full 2.1 version, tried it, removed forgoten files, P3D made new ones and after 5 minutes of flight everything looked normal, think is taking a while longer to load default/saved flight

Regards

After a few days of flying Prepar3D v2.1 I am in the same camp with Dino Cattaneo.

"Downloaded the patch and applied with no problem and had several advantages:
    ...and all the various tweaks seem to work for me."

My only issue is in my upcoming Marianas 1945 scenery, there is a landclass display problem for all the airfields. It seems that Landclass created with SBuilderX is disabled somehow. I have tried installing the landclass using ADE to go around the issue but with no success.

P3D v2.1 is all I had hoped for. I highly recommend it to those making a decision yes or no.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    After a few days of flying Prepar3D v2.1 I am in the same camp with Dino Cattaneo.

"Downloaded the patch and applied with no problem and had several advantages:
    ...and all the various tweaks seem to work for me."

My only issue is in my upcoming Marianas 1945 scenery, there is a landclass display problem for all the airfields. It seems that Landclass created with SBuilderX is disabled somehow. I have tried installing the landclass using ADE to go around the issue but with no success.

P3D v2.1 is all I had hoped for. I highly recommend it to those making a decision yes or no.
    I'm with Tom and Dino on this one . I do have v1.4 still on the HD mainly because everything works well , AC and all the excellent war scenery by Tom , Mark , Xavier(Vietnam War Project) and many , many others . I am also a big ORBX fan which will all eventually get into v2.1 and future versions . I had no problems just updating 2.0 with 2.1 without the deletions that LM suggested but LM also stated that you don't have to do the deletions if you're not having major issues . If I start having issues then I'll start from scratch with the Full Install . LM fixed a ton of bugs in v2.1 and now I don't have to switch the Texture Resolutions back and forth and I don't get the weird shaped buildings and trees and v2.1 and I really enjoy the smoothness and visual improvements . It is actually usable now for me(verses 2.0) . I don't comprehend or understand 90% of the fixes completed and I'm sure there will be a few glitches along the way . I understand all the flustrations some are having--I've been there and done that"

My humble advice :
    At least try it and see what works and what doesn't . Most Developers will eventually adapt to v2.1 and futures versions in P3D . I trust LM will really stick behind it and make things right . I highly recommend it .

Rich

Members who have read this thread: 82