Patch is out - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patch is out

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    I am sure you know that, but, just in case, keep in mind that adding the following lines to FSX.cfg (or the Prepar3d equivalent) provides a (incomplete and somewht ambiguos) debugger....

[PANELS]
    GaugeDevDebug=1
    Dino, in P3D you can also add this line in the Prepar3D.CFG file to create a .txt file listing all of the errors:
    Code:
    [MAIN]
    ContentErrorLogging = 1
    After unloading the aircraft, a file will be saved here:
    x:\Users\UserName\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\ObjectLoadErrors.txt
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Dino, in P3D you can also add this line in the Prepar3D.CFG file to create a .txt file listing all of the errors:
    Code:
    [MAIN]
    ContentErrorLogging = 1

Thanks for that, Bill.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    I tried to load back V2.0. Uninstalled 2.1, (had to in order to run the installer for 2.0), then ran the 2.0 installer, back to the same folder, and the MFD gauges are still inoperative.

Something else must have loaded that is separate from the sim that is the new parser for XML. Any idea's?

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    This is a nightmare.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    It is strange Lionheart as P3DV1.4 is unaffected. So something between 2.0 and 2.1 is the theory?

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

new install 2.1

Hey guys reporting in just did a full install 2.1 cleaned 2.0 and all reg entries and sim connect off before I did the install.
    no problems so far
    AI is not changing skins
    MFDs all working no xml problems in the Lionheart moonys or Dino Cattaneo's f-35
    no right click crashes
    will report back more.

nothing is installed not even fsupic
    no other versions of fsx or p3d are installed.

SOH-CM-2014
    This just posted by Beau, team member at P3D;

Models missions and gauges all use the same scrip evaluator. We added some script validation code to help with scripted actions in mission creation, but it appears that the error messages are being logged internally even when content error reporting and gauge debugging options are not enabled in the cfg. There may have been one or two new checks added as well, but we haven't gone through it with a fine tooth comb just yet. If the xml validates, but some scripts have errors, the system can get in a state where the same error string is created and logged over and over again eventually leading to OOMs. I would suggest turning on gauge debugging in the Prepar3D.cfg and either fix the errors or avoid using any content that pop up alerts until the next patch. We're sorry about the legacy content effected by this. A silver lining may be that add-on developers might be motivated to go back and clean up scrip errors.

Beau Hollis

Rendering System Lead - Prepar3D® Team

So it looks like we will need to modify our planes to work with V2.1. The changes in code will cause errors (we can no longer use certain symbols) and there is no leeway for code errors in script.

This is odd as my gauges either work or don't in the past. I run my ModelDef file through browsers and they can find a single error, one space is missing and the entire file crashes.

sigh.....

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    It is strange Lionheart as P3DV1.4 is unaffected. So something between 2.0 and 2.1 is the theory?
    Yes. They have a new 'scrip evaluator'.

There are many OOM's occurring now. Many people are getting crashes like crazy. The sim is not running over 10 min's without an OOM. (This might be with heavy scenery and settings, but this is what tons of people are reporting over at P3D forums). SO they are now saying that errors in scripts are causing error overflow stacks via XML coding errors in planes, etc.

Note that this wasn't happening in 1.4 and wasn't so bad in 2.0.

SOH-CM-2014
    Code:
    [MAIN]
    ContentErrorLogging = 1
    Its funny. I loaded this into V2.0 thinking it would produce the 'errors' list on one of my planes that do not work in V2.1 and there are no errors except missing Mission Metadata. (Default flight, loaded my own plane up into it). No other errors. But again, this is V2.0. I had reverted my installation back. I have the previous version parser.

Bill

Well that's not terribly surprising, Bill. After all, the change in the parser was made for the v2.1 release. I see no point whatever in not keeping v2.1 installed so I can clean up the errors in my scripts.

Even though those same "errors" didn't visibly cause problems in v1.4, v2.0 or even in FSX, they may well have simply been being "masked" by the way VAS usage wasn't as critical as it is with v2.1...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

SOH-CM-2014
    I see no point whatever in not keeping v2.1 installed so I can clean up the errors in my scripts.
    Yep. I'll need to be repairing things. My hopes were that LM would be releasing a fast-fix for this, but it looks like they are blaming it on coding now, so I guess I'll need 2.1 to 'modify' my birds to work with this.

sigh...

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I still have had no OOM's V2.1. My setting are normal buildings and normal Veg, no issue's with add ons except pesky gauges lol. Other then that I think too many people are cranking to the Max and self inflicting the OOM's partly. I was able to do a Flight with the CS777 from Aerosoft's UOOO to UHPP to PAFA to Sidney's CYZF and finally Sidney's CYFB and no issue's like a OOM.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 82