Patch is out - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patch is out

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I'm with Tom and Dino on this one . I do have v1.4 still on the HD mainly because everything works well , AC and all the excellent war scenery by Tom , Mark , Xavier(Vietnam War Project) and many , many others . I am also a big ORBX fan which will all eventually get into v2.1 and future versions . I had no problems just updating 2.0 with 2.1 without the deletions that LM suggested but LM also stated that you don't have to do the deletions if you're not having major issues . If I start having issues then I'll start from scratch with the Full Install . LM fixed a ton of bugs in v2.1 and now I don't have to switch the Texture Resolutions back and forth and I don't get the weird shaped buildings and trees and v2.1 and I really enjoy the smoothness and visual improvements . It is actually usable now for me(verses 2.0) . I don't comprehend or understand 90% of the fixes completed and I'm sure there will be a few glitches along the way . I understand all the flustrations some are having--I've been there and done that"

My humble advice :
    At least try it and see what works and what doesn't . Most Developers will eventually adapt to v2.1 and futures versions in P3D . I trust LM will really stick behind it and make things right . I highly recommend it .

Rich
    Rich, are your joystick controller settings saving ok? NC

Quote Originally Posted by Torakka View Post
    Falcon, have you tried this:
    http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?min...ewtopic&t=5485

See last three posts

The last post outlines the suggested fix....."I can confirm having the same problem and Altack's post above is what fixed it for me. I had to delete ALL axis settings that I didn't want, hit ok, then re-enter the options menu and set them one at a time (while re-entering the options menu each time I made an addition). I then made sure to exit the sim (in case it crashed) so it saved everything properly. I've re-loaded P3d multiple times since then with no issues. I may have even re-booted the sim between deleting the axis and adding each new axis assignment, I can't remember exactly. I am running a joystick and PFC rudder pedals."
    Will be interested if this fixes Falcon's problem? NC

My 2 cents worth!!!

Back shortly after 2.0 came out I purchased it and I have to say was dis-appointed with the issue's I was having - and especially after reading all the issues that everyone was posting over at LM.. However, since I was trying to run the sim on equipment LESS than what LM was recommending, and since a 'patch' was already in the plans at that point, I decided to put 2.0 to the side and wait for the patch and make another assessment..

Well, Tuesday night I downloaded the 'patch' and after a couple of tries, it was appearing to me that it wasn't taking the 'update' so I then decided to get the whole 2.1 package - which I loaded up and tried out yesterday..

I would have to say at this point I'm IMPRESSED !!!! I let the sim load it's own settings (which I think was based on what it saw for my equipment) - haven't done any 'tweaking', and after being patient enough to allow it to do it's own thing when loading a new aircraft for the first time, I'd have to say so far I like what I see!!!!!

I flew for a couple of hours yesterday and my frame rates where 19 1/2 to 20 - out of 20 (the sim defaulted to locking at 20) for probably 99% of the time, I saw NO hesitations while flying, and I like what I was seeing regarding the scenery / water etc.. I flew early this morning (in the dark) and noticed that the runway lights / beacon etc where not as bright as they appeared in 2.0 (which to me was an improvement), again I had no issues with frame rates, and again I liked what I was seeing!!!

At this point if I have any dis-appointments, it's that some of my scenery (hangars etc) that I've tried to bring over from FS9 / FSX and v1.4 for some reason won't show up in 2.0 / 2.1.. OH WELL!!! The only other thing that I've noticed so far (and I really don't think I can blame LM for) is that on some of my favorite aircraft I'm trying to bring over from FS9 / FSX, I've lost the VC panel 'clickability' with my mouse and I've noticed that the textures on some aircraft are darker than usual - which just means I have to take a couple of them to the paint shed!!!!

Soooooooo, for now, I'm IMPRESSED. I plan on getting more deeply involved with it next week after the RTW race is over..

Hope this helps..

Bill

I had to run the patch installer three times before it completed successfully.

The big issue from my point of view is that many of the 'custom GPS' gauges (including mine) no longer work, yet I've been unable to find out what the cause might be.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I had only recently re-installed V2 after a major cleanout of the FS HD (read reformat) and had just finished getting all my sceneries installed and several aircraft when the patch was released. I found the texture swapping problem was gone along with crashing occasionally on exit. I also noticed an increase of about 5FPS at my default airport (YSCH) and in flights a lot of the time my FPS are sitting at 30 (locked). Also when flying over very dense scenery my FPS would drop to single figures but now rarely fall below 15FPS.

As for the joystick problem I use FSX to set up my joysticks and then copy the contents of the Controls folder from FSX to P3DV2 and they all work fine.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Atm the only issue I am having with 2.1 is my aircraft wanting to veer left wild on TO and landing err. Strange on my system 15 - 20 fps is fluid no stutter's.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

When I go to install the patch, will it affect the aircraft, scenery, & other addons I have installed thus far? NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    When I go to install the patch, will it affect the aircraft, scenery, & other addons I have installed thus far? NC
    If you delete the four folders that LM recommends prior to installing 2.1 patch over 2.0 it will wipe out your scenery.cfg file that's contained in one of the folders(1st folder listed by LM) so you will have to reinstall your scenery for sure . I'm not sure if AC is effected . The 2nd folder deletion listed by LM Contain the Shaders , the 3rd contains your dll.xml , exe.xml Prepar3d.cfg etc and the 4th folder they recommend contains all of your saved flights . I opt not go this route(deleting the four folders prior to update 2.1 over 2.0 that LM said is ok as long as you don't start having a slew of issues and errors then they recommend starting from scratch with the Full Install(10 G+) . Someone with a more technical explanation please jump in . I even confuse my self sometimes .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    If you delete the four folders that LM recommends prior to installing 2.1 patch over 2.0 it will wipe out your scenery.cfg file that's contained in one of the folders(1st folder listed by LM) so you will have to reinstall your scenery for sure . I'm not sure if AC is effected . The 2nd folder deletion listed by LM Contain the Shaders , the 3rd contains your dll.xml , exe.xml Prepar3d.cfg etc and the 4th folder they recommend contains all of your saved flights . I opt not go this route(deleting the four folders prior to update 2.1 over 2.0 that LM said is ok as long as you don't start having a slew of issues and errors then they recommend starting from scratch with the Full Install(10 G+) . Someone with a more technical explanation please jump in . I even confuse my self sometimes .

Rich
    That was may thought as well. . . .(. . ."you want me to delete everything and start over from scratch?"). Why not just say. . .the patch has been incorporated into the 10gig download. To ensure proper installation and to avoid any problems we recommend that you save the following files (dll.exe, standard.xml, prepar3d.cfg and so on) as reference, then do a complete install. Basically, that's what I had to do and it still required deleting the "standard.xml file twice and restarting the PC, before I finally got my joystick mapping to stick. Patches are great, because they're always smaller than the original installer, but there was so much packed into this patch that it was inevitable that some were gonna have problems with it.

Great Controller Observation

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I had only recently re-installed V2 after a major cleanout of the FS HD (read reformat) and had just finished getting all my sceneries installed and several aircraft when the patch was released. I found the texture swapping problem was gone along with crashing occasionally on exit. I also noticed an increase of about 5FPS at my default airport (YSCH) and in flights a lot of the time my FPS are sitting at 30 (locked). Also when flying over very dense scenery my FPS would drop to single figures but now rarely fall below 15FPS.

As for the joystick problem I use FSX to set up my joysticks and then copy the contents of the Controls folder from FSX to P3DV2 and they all work fine.
    Great observation and tip on controllers AussieMan . For those that still have P3D v1.4 or FSX you can just copy a couple of files XML and XMLK found in your v1.4 or FSX Controller folder , usually found in C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Controls .(XXX--your user Name) and it should work .
    NC had asked in an earlier thread if my Controller buttons saved and they did . I even added a few and exited and got back into v2.1 a couple of times and they still were saved . I'm still using a 7 or 8 y/o CH Products Combat Stick , CH Flight Sim Yoke and CH Pro Pedals . All are getting a little age on them .

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    That was may thought as well. . . .(. . ."you want me to delete everything and start over from scratch?"). Why not just say. . .the patch has been incorporated into the 10gig download. To ensure proper installation and to avoid any problems we recommend that you save the following files (dll.exe, standard.xml, prepar3d.cfg and so on) as reference, then do a complete install. Basically, that's what I had to do and it still required deleting the "standard.xml file twice and restarting the PC, before I finally got my joystick mapping to stick. Patches are great, because they're always smaller than the original installer, but there was so much packed into this patch that it was inevitable that some were gonna have problems with it.
    Glad you got it going again falcon409 . Now us older gentlemen(along with all of our younger ladies and gents) can start flying the friendly skies again . I would suspect that with all of the extremely talented people we have here at SOH and other places , it will all come together .

Unfortunately I'm not very talented and absolutely no programmer knowledge . Probably 60-70% of what I've learned in flightsimming I got reading thousand of posts over the years and 30-40% trial and error . Now if I could just figure out on-line flying here at SOH I'm going jump into that this year and I'm looking forward to it .

Rich( I may have to go sip on my "Makers Mark" my son-in-law got me for Christmas)--- for medicinal purposed only of course . Updates and new versions are nerve racking , aren't they ?

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    All of my aircraft that have XML based MFD screens that use the FS9 GPS gauge technology are now non-functioning in V2.1. 5 Planes down that no longer work in P3D V2.x.

sigh.....
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Oh no my favorite Lionheart AC the Kodiak. Any way for a fix please? I also noticed my Carenado C208EX is having issue's with the MFD/PFD screens. The Milviz 737 Canadian furball works although thankfully.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

Well, I got the v2.1 patch installer to run (I assume correctly) and guess what? I can't see any difference whatsoever from the "base" v2.0.

I realize, I think, that most, if not all, of the patch's updates are meant to be transparent to the user, but I just don't see what the BFD about the patch is.

Maybe it will come to me in a transport of beatific vision. But I won't count on it.

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

Just curious; is the click zones lock up issue solved when saving a flight?
    When adding FSX scenery, are the taxiways and aprons visible now?
    Are the lights on FSX aircraft still buggy, eg. not showing?

Best regards
    Dag

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    All of my aircraft that have XML based MFD screens that use the FS9 GPS gauge technology are now non-functioning in V2.1. 5 Planes down that no longer work in P3D V2.x.

sigh.....
    What's a GPS ? Just kidding Bill . Just had the Piper Pacer up and noticed that . Hay , it still flies like the old classic always has . We'll just have to rough it with the ADF I guess . My kind of flying anyway .

Rich

There seem to be changes to the XML parsing rules - specifically, some of my gauges which had minor "mistakes" were still working perfectly in P3dV2 and FSX - but do not work anymore in P3dV2.1.
    As result, the STOVL functionality of my F-35B is gone with version 2.1...and here is a patch that should fix that:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/20...par3d-v21.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    There seem to be changes to the XML parsing rules - specifically, some of my gauges which had minor "mistakes" were still working perfectly in P3dV2 and FSX - but do not work anymore in P3dV2.1.
    Dino, that's the conclusion I have come to as well. Since the "default GPS" (fs9gps.cab) hasn't changed one iota, and all of my "custom" units are based on that same XML script, there is quite likely one or more truly insignificant XML syntax errors (some character missing, or some such) that's stopping the script's evaluation.

What I'll probably wind up doing is redoing the entire XML script from scratch with gobs of testing in situ as I work...

...I just wish there was a way to run XML through a "debug session" like I can with C++ code!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Bill,

In my case I spotted a couple of lines that were working perfectly in FSX and P3Dv2.0 but did not work in 2.1... reason was just an extra space in the line.

I am sure you know that, but, just in case, keep in mind that adding the following lines to FSX.cfg (or the Prepar3d equivalent) provides a (incomplete and somewht ambiguos) debugger....

[PANELS]
    GaugeDevDebug=1

Something is very wrong. Anyone else experiencing the Right click of mouse bug?? Every time i click my Right mouse key no matter the aircraft the screen reduces and CTD no reason given??

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Something is very wrong. Anyone else experiencing the Right click of mouse bug?? Every time i click my Right mouse key no matter the aircraft the screen reduces and CTD no reason given??
    When does this happen ? In VC mode, outside view? On my system the right-click always produces the according context menu.

I updated my V2 installation two days ago in the dirty way (just slap it over V2) and had no issues at all. But it was not very altered from the original configuration and had only 2 sceneries installed, Solomons and Tom's Marianas.
    The Saitek throttle, trim wheel and Simped rudder work perfectly now, that's new, expecially the trim wheel needed FSUIPC.
    After a basic check I saw that many bugs I saw in V2 are gone. The only issue I see are some flickering textures on 2-sided scenery objects (e.g. trees) or sometimes ground poly textures. But that could be a graphic driver issue.
    Performance is good, locked at 30 and usually stays there.

I'll check some of the more demanding aircraft now, with custom XML gauges and so forth.

So far I'm quite pleased, I love the lighting effects.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

The Right mouse click error has been occurring with the full P3DV2.1 none patch for some.
    http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?min...0#postid-27450
    "right-click always produces the according context menu." That I don't get, I only get a sim that closes no error report lol any including default AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    In my case I spotted a couple of lines that were working perfectly in FSX and P3Dv2.0 but did not work in 2.1... reason was just an extra space in the line.
    Thanks for the information, Dino. Evidently they tightened up the parsing syntax rules and didn't bother to tell anyone. That seems like shooting themselves in the foot though, because all of the now "broken gauges" in their product makes them look really bad.

Thanks too for the reminder about the 'debug line' in the .CFG file. I remember adding that in the FSX.cfg years and years ago, but frankly had forgotten about it...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Mark i got it to work finally. I did something in my controller XML and app data area and forgot backup lol. It's all fixed up now and right clickable. Now to off to check out the Carenado damage parade lol. Which I heard the 208EX and 850 TBM.

Members who have read this thread: 82