R.C.S. Panels... Roy Chaffin B-25J released for PrePar3D v2

Thread: R.C.S. Panels... Roy Chaffin B-25J released for PrePar3D v2

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs

R.C.S. Panels... Roy Chaffin B-25J released for PrePar3D v2

Outstanding, thanks for the HU...DL now.

Wow , this really is outstanding news . I never could get MAAM's B-25 to work in v2 . I have v1 along with v2 and do not intend to uninstall it in the near future for the simple reason there is too much excellent scenery , AC and tools that work in v1 but not yet compatible in v2 D/L'd Roy's B-25 but did not install yet . A huge thanks to Roy for working and making this available in v2.

Very happy simmer this morning , it made my day . Thanks for the HU .

Rich (anxiously awaiting LM's update to 2.1)
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

I have it installed and ran it first in 2D mode to allow all the gauges to load, however when I go to the VC, nothing is clickable, and the cockpit only appears to be partially complete. I see no textures for the throttle quadrant, no flooring, seats are only partially textured and the aft compartment (engineers area) also seems to be less than complete. Not too impressed right now, I'll wait to hear what others find.

I ran the installer as instructed, letting it install directly to the P3D main folder so I'm relatively certain it's installed correctly. Still looking though.

I agree Ed . I have the same . I think I can live with it's present state considering it's the only B-25 at the present that works in v2 but I wish I could figure out if there is a yoke that can be made visible . If not, I may not spend a lot of time in this bird . I went through the shift + num's on the keyboard and did get a throttle quadrant but no radios/navs (unless I missed it)

Rich

There is no way I would install this model. One has no idea what modifications are made to the P3D installation.

Quote Originally Posted by ananda View Post
    There is no way I would install this model. One has no idea what modifications are made to the P3D installation.
    Huh? I did an install to a separate folder on my desktop and aside from the normal process, there was nothing else there. Not sure what you expected it to do to the P3D Installation?

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I agree Ed . I have the same . I think I can live with it's present state considering it's the only B-25 at the present that works in v2 but I wish I could figure out if there is a yoke that can be made visible . If not, I may not spend a lot of time in this bird . I went through the shift + num's on the keyboard and did get a throttle quadrant but no radios/navs (unless I missed it)

Rich
    I've sent an e-mail to Roy to ask about the lack of useabilty of the VC and the lack of texturing. I don't see anything in the files to shows that those textures are there, surely he didn't just put an unfinished VC in the release. Waiting to hear back from him now.

I never could get MAAM's B-25 to work in v2 .
    Hmm, it works fine here:

My install looks nothing like that. Correction. . .if that's the MAAM B-25 I don't have it. . .still talking about the RCS Panel B-25 which hasn't installed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    . . .still talking about the RCS Panel B-25 which hasn't installed correctly.
    Which is why I said I wouldn't attempt to install it. You don't know what damage it may have caused to your P3D installation.

Quote Originally Posted by ananda View Post
    Which is why I said I wouldn't attempt to install it. You don't know what damage it may have caused to your P3D installation.
    Sorry if I chuckle a bit, but that may be possible, but til I find out otherwise, I'm going to say. . .no. Either that's the way he released it (possible since he's very big on pop-ups) or I've misunderstood the instructions (they are a bit unconventional). I doubt seriously that his installation has somehow damaged the P3D installation. . . . .again, you may be right. . . . .

Got a response from Roy at RCS Panels. ****, was his reply, lol. Doh!! The RCS B-25J is a 2D panel aircraft! The VC is there for the sole purpose of having someplace to sit while you are flying. All other business is handled by pop-ups. So Ananda, there's no reason to think that it was anything to do with the installer. . . .as I suspected. Too bad. . .nice exterior, but I don't do pop-ups or 2D panels when flying.

"I don't do pop-ups or 2D panels when flying" , I got spoiled with all the excellent VC's over the years . I haven't used 2D in years . I do appreciate Roy's contribution but no yoke/stick(at least I couldn't find one) plus the 2D prompted a very short-lived stay on my hard drive .

Rich

Come on v2.1------

"I don't do pop-ups or 2D panels when flying" , I got spoiled with all the excellent VC's over the years . I haven't used 2D in years . I do appreciate Roy's contribution but no yoke/stick(at least I couldn't find one) plus the 2D prompted a very short-lived stay on my hard drive .

Rich

Come on v2.1------
    Yep, same here Rich. I wrote back and explained why I don't use airplanes without VC's. I also complimented his work. So this one also is gone off the HDD as well.

Members who have read this thread: 18