P-3 Thread continued... - Page 11
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: P-3 Thread continued...

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Attachment 4511
    doing what Orion's do best. Getting the drop on a WHISKEY.
    Terrific work on the texture conversions, GreyEagle. Thank you!
    My Pleasure. Trying to resurrect the older textures for the new V3 P3. Great photo you got there.
    Last edited by gray eagle; February 21st, 2014 at 15:28.

Late to the party

Hello All,Due to real life my FS time including forum reading has been minimal of recent.When I get back to SOH I am happy to see a huge P3 thread has excited many, my only question is, who's P3 is this? Is it Pay or Freeware? I knew that Razbam has one in development.Hope someone can help.Cheers,Sketchy

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    Hello All,Due to real life my FS time including forum reading has been minimal of recent.When I get back to SOH I am happy to see a huge P3 thread has excited many, my only question is, who's P3 is this? Is it Pay or Freeware? I knew that Razbam has one in development.Hope someone can help.Cheers,Sketchy
    It's a new Native version of the KBT P-3C. It's a public beta at this point and I'm not totally sure what changes will be in the release package. So far, it's performing nicely.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

P3K "Orion" 40 years of P-3 service

Air Component Command - 5 sqn "Keitou Kalawaca Na Wasaliwa" - 40 years of P-3 service - Auckland - Whenuapai Air Base

Pictures of Real Deal here: (scroll down to the P3K)

http://www.amv83.fr/Asm/galleryoceanieNewzealand.htm

I converted this one for use with the V3 Beta KBT P3 Orion and is available here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=18196

Uploaded Corrections

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I am enclosing file fix to VXE-8 "World Traveler"

this fix will correct rear engine exhaust view which shows yellow, as illustrated below:

Attachment 4457

Just down load fix here and replace zipped replacement file in the texture.taz folder

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wt...exture_TAZ.zip

Also use same file above to correct the texture.NRL2 : (Place same zip file above in texture.NRL2)

This one file will take care two birds with one stone (FILE)

If you have not incorporated the corrected files then,
    I have re uploaded the basic files (VXE8 and NRL2) with the updated/corrected file already incorporated. Just re download and override the the older zip file and reinstall over
    what was previously installed.

corrected VXE8 here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=18170

corrected NRL2 here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=18185

Re Up Loaded corrected VP6 File

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I just belatedly raise a little problem on the texture VP-6, modified by gray eagle!
    Yellow color to the nozzles!

what is the texture change please?
    Thank you for your help

Alain
    Download link for replacement file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/td...EXTURE_FIX.zip

Edit:

I have re-uploaded the the entire corrected VP6 file and if you have not completed the fix (above) then
    you can re-download the corrected file and just up zip it over your previously installed textures for VP6.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=18156

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    It's a new Native version of the KBT P-3C. It's a public beta at this point and I'm not totally sure what changes will be in the release package. So far, it's performing nicely.
    Thanks Storm,

if it's public I don't suppose you have a link to download the model do you?

Cheers,

Sketchy

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    Thanks Storm,

if it's public I don't suppose you have a link to download the model do you?

Cheers,

Sketchy

Download link here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=a3dfc...BPfSCze5eH2stw

Many thanks Gray Eagle.

Why can some of you operate the air stair and I cannot? The door switch in the 2d pop up opens the door (as does Shift + E) but the stairs door does not move for me. What's the trick?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

VP-45 Pelicans

Converted VP-45 Pelicans for use with V3 of KBT P3 Orion. I corrected the tail letters on right side that were in reverse. I think this squadron has or will soon
    transition to the new P-8 Poseidon.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=18202

EP-3E Exterior Release

There is a serious issue with the textures of the EP-3. It appears there is an Alpha layer issue or possibly missing textures? The textures of the two models I just downloaded look nothing like the EP-3's in the above screen

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gray Eagle, I really like that VP-45 paint! And your screenshots are awesome! The one of the aircraft landing is so cool.

Am hopeful the texture issues will be resolved with the EP-3E soon. But then, I gathered from KBT's post that it is a beta release?

NC

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    There is a serious issue with the textures of the EP-3. It appears there is an Alpha layer issue or possibly missing textures? The textures of the two models I just downloaded look nothing like the EP-3's in the above screen

Do you restore it by the reactivation of FS or the re-selection of the aircraft, and the reload of the flight?
    The possibility that you have failed in some reeditions because of texture CFG?
    Does the load hang in FS in Scenery date etc?

Does anyone know if there is gonna be a proper p3 panel in the future ?Bill

Working just fine here. Be sure you copy over from your P-3 files the "texture.common" and "texture.USNavy_common" folders. The EP-3E paints call for these in the texture.cfg in each of the two paint folders.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

. . I still can't get the air stair to work. Can others confirm the indicated button for this is working for them? My button does not toggle and the stairs don't unfold. The button for the door works as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    . . I still can't get the air stair to work. Can others confirm the indicated button for this is working for them? My button does not toggle and the stairs don't unfold. The button for the door works as it should.
    The air stair switch of the 2D panel does not have a function. I choose shift+E2 for the moment to move a air stair. This shift+E2 is unstable.

Incidentally, a nose camera appears before a center gear by pushing ctrl+W.

I can want to operate these two animations from VC in the future.

Working just fine here. Be sure you copy over from your P-3 files the "texture.common" and "texture.USNavy_common" folders. The EP-3E paints call for these in the texture.cfg in each of the two paint folders.
    I can see them fine too; BTW if you already have the basic KBT V3 P3 installed, is it necessary to copy over those texture files to the EP3? Seems like if the texture.cfg will find them if you
    have previously installed the P3. I didn't do any texture copying and everything seems Okie dokie.

Sierra Hotel

Awesome Possum

BTW, The props spin way too long on shut down. Here is remedy for that. (Also applicable to the V3 P3 as well)
    [propeller]
    thrust_scalar=1.200
    propeller_type=0
    propeller_diameter=12.750
    propeller_blades=4
    propeller_moi=8.5 <<<<< this was 24.00 (Way to high; causes excessive prop spin on shut down.

SH indeed! See you have the airstair working too. I have learned and know the Shift+E 2 technique - sometimes hit or miss - to open the twin canopies on the AS F-4, for example, but no matter how I do it it just opens and closes the door . .

SH indeed! See you have the airstair working too. I have learned and know the Shift+E 2 technique - sometimes hit or miss - to open the twin canopies on the AS F-4, for example, but no matter how I do it it just opens and closes the door . .
    As soon as I hit Shift + E then go for the 1/2/3 keys and it almost always works.

what am I missing here?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	missing.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	4619

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    what am I missing here?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	missing.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	4619
    Yikes, it looks like for what ever reason, some of the bmp files are not loading properly. I suppose you tried to reinstall it.....
    Are you in DXT10? I don't use it, I could, but don't. If KBT is monitoring this, maybe they can advise you. All I can say is reinstall it.

Members who have read this thread: 197