Preparing for V2

Thread: Preparing for V2

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar

Preparing for V2

Ok the Minister of the Treasury authorized me to buy V2 finally to add to my V1.4. So how long is the install process and will it eat my Nvidia 2G GT610 for a snack??

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Ok the Minister of the Treasury authorized me to buy V2 finally to add to my V1.4. So how long is the install process and will it eat my Nvidia 2G GT610 for a snack??
    Not been at this as long as others, but I can tell you that the download is 10gig and it takes a while even with high speed internet. The Graphics card now handles all of the processing of textures, taking it out of the hands of the CPU so LM recommends a 4gig card. . .I repeat, "recommends" a 4gig card. In a perfect world, I'd already have one, but I don't have the funds for what they cost and won't any time soon. I have a GTX650Ti w/2gig and it does quite well. . .just be aware that your card will be taxed to the limit.

Depending on when you download this, you could also be getting the current "patch" that everyone is waiting for. It's possible we could see it later this week (maybe). So if you want to wait a bit to download, you might consider it.

Also, 2.0 is not "in addition to" Ver1.4, it is an entirely new purchase and installation, separate from 1.4. Hope this helps.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Yep i have 1.4 on it's HD and the same for FSX and now P3DV2. The 2GB GT 610 eats FSX and P3DV1.4. On V2 I am experiancing FPS issue's inside the VC, other then that it handles like 1.4/FSX lol strange critter V2 is. I also report the pesky W8 64 either joystick or too many open windows freeze lol. Although I have all power saving related shut off to the HID's and USB's Device and Control PM Ctr. What Can I say W8 64 here in SA is cheaper then W7 and graphics cards 2GB are running from 50.00 to 100.00 Best Buy and the 4GB are 200.00 to 350.00. If your W8 with a UEFI, learn how to kick it's teeth in and switch it Bio's to Legacy depending on your Bio's, Computer and UEFI. Man they built W8 for IT's and not Military Pilots or Support Crews lol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Man they built W8 for IT's and not Military Pilots or Support Crews lol.
    LOL!! Let me reassure you, I work in IT and it wasn't even built for us nor having us in mind.

My experience learned me that probably W9 wll be a good OS. It would confirm the release history of windows versions: good, bad, good, bad...

Just MHO of course.

Dumonceau

[QUOTE=falcon409;865690]LM recommends a 4gig card. . .I repeat, "recommends" a 4gig card. In a perfect world, I'd already have one, but I don't have the funds for what they cost and won't any time soon. I have a GTX650Ti w/2gig and it does quite well. . .just be aware that your card will be taxed to the limit.
    QUOTE]

Wow when you said 4Gb card req'd I was on the point5 of giving up as 4Gb cards for a "game" are $$$ wise a magnitude beyond what SWMBO would find tolerable (we are talking $800 afterall), for a tweaked 7 year old program (say what you like it's the truth). Anyway I went a lookin at P3D. You have it wrong they recommend 2 GB + (GDDR5 or better) video and 4Gb RAM. Who has only 4Gb RAM these days?
    Even then I will be watching the various forums with interest before I jump, I was stung with v1.4 and am in am untrusting and suspicious mode at the moment.
    X Plane is beckoning.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Members who have read this thread: 36