Piglet's P-63 in FS9?

Thread: Piglet's P-63 in FS9?

Piglet's P-63 in FS9?

I enjoy flying some of the older classic models. There are some great subjects lurking in the files. One is Piglet's CFS Bell P-63A. In FS9 I can see the aircraft in "Select aircraft" and Tower view. Looks OK. When I go to the external view I see just the core structure (criss/cross templates?). Same for looking out the windows from the cockpit. Anything I can do to see the whole model? View setting?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks
    Norm

If the model is FSDS, it may not show up properly. Also, the earlier texture formats may not be compatible in FS9. If you have DXTBMP, you can look at the texture sheets for that plane. If the plane shows up in the "View Aircraft" window, but shows up as bits and pieces in the sim, try converting textures that are DXT1 to DXT3 using DXTBMP and see if that works. You may also have to "invert the Alpha Channel", if there is one. It has been my experience that sometimes older texture formats will work in FS9 if the Alpha has been inverted and the textures have been converted to DXT3 with Alpha. It might work, give it a shot.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Thank you! I'll digest this and give it a try.

Thanks again.
    Norm

Ito model

Here is link to Kaz Ito's model for FS2002 and FS9, at FltSimCom. Must be member and loged in for link to work. With usual mods, this model should also work in FSX. I am sure that the cfg and air files BOTH need work. Substitute P-51 fdes? Might work.
    Link: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....ght&fid=102825
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Tailsetting King

I loaded up the P-63 Kingcobra and found it always starts out with the tail on the ground.I can get around this by giving it some power and hitting the brakes but does anyone know if there's a fix for this?

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricane3 View Post
    I loaded up the P-63 Kingcobra and found it always starts out with the tail on the ground.I can get around this by giving it some power and hitting the brakes but does anyone know if there's a fix for this?
    Howdy- check your PMs. -Mike Z.

p-63 fdes

Norm,
    Here is link for MY turbo-prop fde for the P-63 (model by Kaz Ito), for FS9 (fdes (as is) will work in FSX Accelleration).
    Media Fire hosting link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qx...20tp%20fde.zip . Enjoy.
    Chuck B
    napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 51