Milviz F-4E Phantom II - Page 22
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1214151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-4E Phantom II

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I have no idea how many people want TacPac compatibility, but I am very glad that more and more planes have it. Considering you can use TacPac on many planes the investment in it is limited. I am sure MilViz and others consider the market carefully before they decide where to invest in. No matter how many models they release, people will always ask for more. I’d rather see investment in TacPac than in more models. I can’t even see the external difference between a –J and an –S and I don’t bother to find out. Perhaps I am the only one, perhaps I am one of the many. It often surprises me how much attention is devoted to external appearance of planes in the SOH forums relative to systems, flight dynamics etc. Is that an indication of the preferences of simmers, or are those for whom externals are important just very vocal?<o></o>

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Agree 100%

Actually....of recent it is a required thing in order to change load outs for some new planes and has turned me away from buying those items. I'm not in FSX to mame and kill...I'm in it to fly and have fun. Varied load outs are nice to have and being stuck with one loadout because we don't own TACPAC kinda sucks.
    This choice is respected as well. The Loadout manager is TACPACK agnostic. Doesn't require it in order to work. The same for the jettison system which is almost complete in dev at the moment. Both selective jettison and emergency jettison are working.
    -JB

Looking to get/find/download the VMFA-451 Marines F-4J. Anybody know the status or availability of it??

Thanks.

(why did the thread die off.....??)

Skyhawk18... you there??
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/signaturepics/sigpic103580_3.gif[/SIGPIC]

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Marine0326 View Post
    Looking to get/find/download the VMFA-451 Marines F-4J. Anybody know the status or availability of it??

Thanks.

(why did the thread die off.....??)

Skyhawk18... you there??
    I am ...

It is finished.
    I just have to write the installation guide and upload it....

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

I like the Showtime 100 paint Gunnar!!

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    I like the Showtime 100 paint Gunnar!!
    Definitely Yes! Too bad all those other beautiful paints are marred by the terribly misaligned holes on the intake ramps plates.

Gene K
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F-4F_ICE_38+02_7010.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Gene K View Post
    Definitely Yes! Too bad all those other beautiful paints are marred by the terribly misaligned holes on the intake ramps plates.

Gene K

The misaligned holes have been corrected on all my liveries. The first screenshot (VMFA-451) is an old one, and it was made before the holes were corrected.
    I think the latest paint kit is updated with correct hole alignment.

Gunnar van der Meeren

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post

Any chance of this skin getting released or are you just going to taunt me with it?
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Good find Skyhawk18, Most all my paints of the Milviz F-4 were made over a year ago with the old paint kit. I will also update all my paints with the new correct intake holes. The new paint kit appears to be correct.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by stovall; July 21st, 2015 at 11:51.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but on the "J" isn't the static port and AOA probe on the wrong side? All the photos I have show these instrumentations on the "Port" side but the MV "J" has then on the starboard side. I could be wrong so someone please verify.

There is no bump file for texture 12, so it will be easy to correct the panel lines for these areas.

Sorry for "counting rivets" but the panel door and instructional stencils don't work if this isn't corrected.

Thanks
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but on the "J" isn't the static port and AOA probe on the wrong side? All the photos I have show these instrumentations on the "Port" side but the MV "J" has then on the starboard side. I could be wrong so someone please verify.

There is no bump file for texture 12, so it will be easy to correct the panel lines for these areas.

Sorry for "counting rivets" but the panel door and instructional stencils don't work if this isn't corrected.

Thanks

Well, Milviz basically made the F-4E.
    The F-4J is a hybrid and was made on request (as a gest) using a lot of the "E" material.
    Therefore the "J" may be inaccurate.

You will find the static port on the port side of my "J" liveries (it is painted on the nose cone).
    The probe has to be modeled to the port side

Gunnar van der Meeren

Thanks SH18, understand hybrid and the associated inaccuracies. Just wanted a 2nd look before I started ne panel lines.
    Duckie

Awesome guys, A BIG THANKS!!!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/signaturepics/sigpic103580_3.gif[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Sorry for "counting rivets" ....
    I absolutely HATE it when folks think they have to apologize for pointing out inaccuracies/omissions/oversights, major or minor (as classified by the reader ... who ultimately decides what to do with the information provided). In that regard, I certainly appreciate the marvelous repaints from folks like Duckie and Skyhawk who obviously do their homework - THANK YOU!) At the same time, of course, I appreciate the Milvaz "port over" to the J model and understand the compromise decisions involved.

In that spirit, here are some other external differences between the E and J models that repainters may be able to incorporate:

-- The J has a long refueling door on the right side of the airplane below the pilot's position that houses a boom. It does not have the door on the fuselage spine as the E does.
    -- The J has trunion" bumps" on top of the wings at the location of the gear struts.
    -- The J does not have triangular reinforcing plates on the top of the stabs
    -- The J has catapult hooks under the fuselage
    -- The J has a different nose gear door light arrangement

Some items that the repainters can't model include:
    -- The J did not have slats ... the Navy S model is a J with slats so in that regard, I think the Milviz J is closer to an S, so hope to see S repaints too. (USN slats slightly different than USAF slats)
    -- The J model pylons need weapons adapters (that are built into the E model pylons)

As I said above, I know that the Milviz folks have Phantom experts on staff/call who are undoubtedly aware of the above ... and more. My comments are directed to repainters.

Gene K

There's an "S" model in the works at the moment, so everyone is probably waiting on that.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    There's an "S" model in the works at the moment,
    Thanks Dave, I lost the bubble on that. Can you provide a link, please?

By Milviz?

Gene K

I absolutely HATE it when folks think they have to apologize for pointing out inaccuracies/omissions/oversights, major or minor
    Hes doing it because there are 2 kinds of river counters. One that is trying to be helpful & offer constructive criticism & another that delights in pointing out everything he can find as if it adds to his cred. The latter usually announces its crap unless fixed all the while he himself cant make a passable paper airplane.
    The former is a credit to the community & the latter... Well lets just say we can do without them

He was merely distinguishing himself as the former & not the latter.
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Thanks Dave, I lost the bubble on that. Can you provide a link, please?

By Milviz?

Gene K
    Yes, bit still in the works, not available yet.

VF-142 Texture

Hi Skyhawk18,

As a retired Naval Aviator who was on Enterprise twice, and was an advisor for the SDB Enterprise model, I have a real serious desire for that VF-142 texture of yours. Please release it!

Best regards, Bill

Texture / Repaint Question

Texture / Repaint Question:

Working on a set of "base textures" from which to originate my F-4J repaints. Also making adjustments where I can via the textures.

I've eliminated the F-4E fuselage refueling receptacle door.

There is a reflection on the nose of the "J" that I have not been able to overcome thru texture shadings, alphas, specular, or bump textures (See screens below). This reflection is mainly visible in a straight profile view. As you change / rotate the view fore or aft, the reflection lessens until it completely disappears. This reflection is present on all the "J" model repaints that I have looked at and behaves the same way.

My question: is this reflection tied to the model, and if so, is there any thing I can do to "fix" it, not for publication but for my own purposes?

HERE you can see the reflection I'm speaking of which does not match the rest of the fuselage from this angle.

The 2 screens below show the same area from different angles and the odd reflection is no longer visible.

Duckie

Hi,

This will be fixed but not in the next SP.

Many apologies.

Kat

Thank you for the response, Kat.
    Duckie

Hi,

We will fix it this pass as Colin finds that it is SUPER IRRITATING ($^#*^$&@%%#&) (his words and not mine).

Thank you for pointing it out to us.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

We will fix it this pass as Colin finds that it is SUPER IRRITATING ($^#*^$&@%%#&) (his words and not mine).

Thank you for pointing it out to us.

Kat.
    Even better! Thanks again.
    Duckie

Members who have read this thread: 86