Tallmantz

Thread: Tallmantz

Tallmantz

Some new photos have been added to the Tallmantz section of this very good web site.
    Paul Mantz was a visionary and skilled pilot dating back to the thirties. He pioneered the aircraft restoration and preservation movement after the war.
    Along with Frank Tallman there legacy was behind the scenes filming and stunt work with the airplane themed movies we grew up with.

I remember visiting Movieland of the Air with my parents in the sixties.
    I regularly check out Aerovintage for updates to the B-25 section.

http://www.aerovintage.com/tallmantz.htm
    Last edited by Smashing Time; January 26th, 2014 at 11:39.
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

Nice find

I have loved perusing those photos. Many of those same aircraft of course are now owned by Kermit Weeks (either on display, under restoration, or stored pending future restoration), while some others, as noted, were sold to other museums and individuals around the country and the world. The Tallmantz Boeing Model 100, which Kermit Weeks owns, is very near completion of a long-term restoration and should be flying this year (painted in its original factory (civilian) paint scheme).
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Members who have read this thread: 65