Virtavia B-29 Alternate Prop Texture

Thread: Virtavia B-29 Alternate Prop Texture

Virtavia B-29 Alternate Prop Texture

As title says. Didn't like the default prop so I made my own.
    Based on and inspired by WOP props. Animation of prop is effected by your RPM settings.
    Backup your default prop.dds found in the texture.shared folder. "Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia B-29 Superfortress\texture.shared"
    Add my prop.dds, (attached), to the texture.shared folder, or (any texture folder of a specific paint if desired).
    Let me know if you like it or could use some more tweaking.

Download Here:
    Prop.zip

Thanks..looks real good!

One question,once it is in the texture .shared folder,all the repaints that came with the B-29 when purchased will have the new prop textures,correct?

Thanks again!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

That prop texture did come up well,

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    Thanks..looks real good!

One question,once it is in the texture .shared folder,all the repaints that came with the B-29 when purchased will have the new prop textures,correct?

Thanks again!
    Rick
    Yep. Works for all the defaults. Some repaints out there have had a custom prop texture included. Those won't be affected unless you remove the one that's in there. Not recommended unless you prefer mine. Always make a copy of the dds file you are replacing and keep in a safe place so you can revert back if need be.

Very nice---thank you!
    Mike

Looks much better that the default props - thank you.

Have just heard from Phil at Virtavia that there's a small upgrade to the B-29 in the works. Several weeks away though due to commitments with a current project.

Regards,

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

looks good!
    btw is it just me, or are those engine cowlings a bit flat from the front, especially the inboard engines?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    looks good!
    btw is it just me, or are those engine cowlings a bit flat from the front, especially the inboard engines?
    Nope, not just you. This is one of the small niggles with the textures that was noted when first released. Along with the recessed windows around the cockpit. Overall an excellent model.

Sadly, Virtavia seems reluctant to fix the issues on the B-29, so thank you for stepping up and offering a fix for this rather eye souring bug.

Glad you guys like it! Anything to help.

"eye souring bug" yes it was....

Help

Am I doing something wrong? It downloads as an attachment that "windows can't open".

J..

click on the file and when the window opens.. change the title from php to All Files then type the name you want to save it as plus .zip. Not sure why this happens here but it does

ATB
    DaveB

The prop animation is what kept me from buying the B-29. I was hoping for a volumetric 3d prop but only saw a wobbly stuttering disc.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    J..

click on the file and when the window opens.. change the title from php to All Files then type the name you want to save it as plus .zip. Not sure why this happens here but it does

ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks DaveB!

Why did it take me this long to find these prop replacements here?? DUNNO

But glad that this now finally fix a big annoyance
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Is there a video of the new prop textures in action? I might reconsider buying this plane if they really help.

BTW Musicman........your alternate B-29 prop spin looks great on Piglet's Skyraider!!!.....thanks much for this texture!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15894550_1338607176160156_6331057405445839461_n.jpg  
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

Great thinking LE151 , Who dose not like Tim 'Piglet' Conrad's Skyraider, I should install the RAZBAM as well and give that a try

Ian,
    I'm not sure Musicman's texture will work with the RAZBAM Skyraider. I think the prop spin on the RAZBAM Spad is FS9. If that is the case all you will see when installing the alternate B-29 prop spin is a solid black disc, but you can still give it a go...cheers!!!
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    FSX/Acceleration

I'll let ya no LE151 , got a little tied up yesterday, both models are great tho

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    I'll let ya no LE151 , got a little tied up yesterday, both models are great tho
    Rgr that.......
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    FSX/Acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    ....Have just heard from Phil at Virtavia that there's a small upgrade to the B-29 in the works. Several weeks away though due to commitments with a current project....
    That's good news.....

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510