Spot the difference

Thread: Spot the difference

Spot the difference

Why not get the kids involved in your flight simming hobby?

And what better way that a quick game of spot the difference. Can you spot all the differences in the two pictures below? I count 12.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 087 Spot the difference A and D.jpg  

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Sure #2 has a 2 blade prop and looks like the housing is smaller.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Twelve differences: "The first one I already have the second one I'm gonna get."

I love this, Anthony! Cool to see a T-28A in original, under-powered form. It of course has an R-1300, vs. the much larger R-1820 of the later variants (800 hp vs. 1,425 hp), so just about everything firewall-forward is different. The canopy is different as well (higher profile), and I can spot a roll-over structure/a-frame in the A-model.

Beautiful modeling and texture work too!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Hard to say what all the differences are, partly due to the different paint schemes and not knowing what is hidden underneath the paint or not.
    But:
    Prop
    Upper intake.
    Lower intake.
    Frame behind pilot inside canopy.
    Cowl size.
    Cowl shape? (dunno if you consider that a "difference")
    Engines are different as well as the casing/shield connecting it to the prop.
    That nub in front of the canopy is different.
    Exhaust port is different.
    Some black spot on the wing that I don't see on the earlier model, but, I don't know if this is due to a difference in the paint. Also a black spot/port above the wing root that I don't see in the later model. But, the later model has the black paint there so I can't tell if it has it.
    Early model has a leading edge wing light that the later model doesn't have.

Anyways, that was the 5 minute tour of what I saw. I assume, since you are the boss of the project, that you will enlighten us to the rest? Gotta go to sleep!

Brittmac looks like he spotted most of the differences right

Here is the list that I came up with.
    1. Aeroproducts two-bladed propeller instead of Hamilton Standard three-bladed
    2. Higher profile canopy
    3. Turnover truss behind front seat (the A shaped assembly behind the pilot)
    4. Wright Cyclone R-1300 800hp 7 cylinder engine instead of R-1820 1425hp 9 cylinder
    5. Overall smaller nose cowling
    6. Two exhaust pipes instead of three
    7. Exhaust deflector behind exhaust exit (very small and hard to see)
    8. No airintake on top of engine cowling
    9. Longer air intake on lower left hand engine cowling
    10. No gun camera on inboard left wing
    11. Passing light on left wing leading edge
    12. Different paint scheme

Internal differences (which you wouldn't be able to see in the pics) are :
    No supercharger handle on the throttle quadrant (R-1300 is only a single stage supercharger compared to the two stage of the R-1820)
    Different green, yellow and red limit markings on the MP, RPM, CHT, Oil temp gauges due to different engines.
    Lighter weight (not by much though).

And of course the Attack version has only two weapons stations compared to the 6 in the D.

Yay! Did I win a cruise? I would take a T-28, but, I already bought both packs (and have put a bunch of hours on the -D, haven't had time to fly the B/C much yet). Great planes, great job Ant!

Great looking A model there Anthony. Just picked up the B/C package, a very enjoyable airplane to fly.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can't help thinking the biggest difference is that the early (original) design is much better looking!

Members who have read this thread: 109