The Hundred Dollar Hamburger

Thread: The Hundred Dollar Hamburger

The Hundred Dollar Hamburger

Most real world pilots know what a hundred dollar burger is. It's when you have a craving for that burger (or bowl of chili, or fried chicken, etc.) that nobody else can do quite like the diner at the municipal airport five counties over. It only costs about $3, but after you add in the cost of avgas, it costs a nice little chunk of change.

So get creative. Remember, this is the virtual world where money is non-existent. Want to take a Seabee to the marina at Lake Norman? Want to load up the wife and kids in a C404 and head to the Mall of America (there's a direct train from MSP)? Go for it!

I'm getting ready to fire up my Sim and make a burger run myself, but for now, here's a little tongue-in-cheek shot from just north of Seattle...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100bucks.jpg  
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

No drive up window?
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    No drive up window?
    Actually, the chap in the Skyhawk is in line for the drive-up window, Willy. There's a guy in a station wagon in front of him.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Queen Anne's Revenge

Admittedly, this is more of a summer trip. Toss a couple of bicycles in the cabin of your Avanti and head to KMRH in Beaufort NC. When you land, bike about 2½ miles to the waterfront. There's two reasons for flying the Avanti. One, you can't put two bikes into a C172. Two, this restaurant is expensive enough that Cessna drivers probably can't afford to eat there! Before you head back, there's also ice cream and fudge to be had on the waterfront - I've had that fudge, and it's good!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsscr016.png  
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I think I have plowed through that chicken restaurant with a 747 a few times when taking off from Seattle and then getting a phone call before setting the autopilot.

Something's Fishy

Funny you should mention that, Tom. Ran across this little place just after landing at Daytona this evening. Can't get it much fresher. Only a couple of miles to the water.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daytona Fish Place.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	3450

Members who have read this thread: 49