Mig-21Bis Start-Up Video

Thread: Mig-21Bis Start-Up Video

Mig-21Bis Start-Up Video

This 3rd Party Mig-21Bis Should be available in March of this year

Patrick

Sad News Because of internal disagreements in the Development team this project is in Hiatus until an understanding can be reached. BUMMER

Patrick

New Video up.....Still W I P.

Patrick

Great things coming for DCS!!

Patrick

A Storm is Coming!!! Should be available with the release of DCS World 2.0.0and
    EDGE....

Last edited by Phantom88; August 13th, 2014 at 06:55.

Patrick

Advanced PR copies of The Mig have gone out this week,screens are beginning to appear on our favorite sites,I feel release is Near!!

Patrick

it's coming!!!

HELSINGBORG, SWEDEN, September 8th – Leatherneck Simulations, in association with The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics,
    will release the DCS: MiG-21bis on September 18th as a digital download.

Dear All,

We've finally reached the end of the road.
    While we still have a few last days of crunch ahead of us, we'd like to go ahead and thank each and every one of you for your support, patience and involvement in making this project a success so far.

But we still need your help. If you like the trailer, please help and spread it far and wide, and help us make our maiden launch a success,
    ensuring a plentiful stable of high quality LNS modules in the future.

In just 9 days; you will be able to strap yourself in and fly & fight in your very own MiG-21.
    It's time to get hyped up!

Patrick

Mig- 21Bis is Available for a Discounted Pre-Purchase Price.....
    http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...04#post2173704

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Mig- 21Bis is Available for a Discounted Pre-Purchase Price.....
    http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...04#post2173704
    I haven't played DCS for a while, can you confirm whether it can be used as a flyable aircraft within DCS A-10C, or do you need to have DCS World installed?

Hello.Yes,You can use it when the update to DCS World becomes available.

Patrick

Mig 21 Now Available

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10433795_10154657867375341_8032016437846483372_n.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	12374

Patrick

Fishbed getting some Love.............

Some new MiG-21Bis news from Leatherneck.
    source: http://leatherneck-sim.com/looking-beyond-the-horizon/

MiG-21bis

Despite what one might think, the MiG-21Bis is not long and forgotten.
    As told in the New year update, work on the 21’s cockpit fixes are coming along. We’ve also most recently improved the R3S missiles performance based on gathered and user provided references. We also continue our work on other mentioned issues.
    As for the cockpit, the hardest and most frustrating job is scaling the virtual pit, into the external model. It’s progressing slowly and there are some issues that need to be dealt with before release. With that said, here are the proposed steps introducing the new pit once it is complete.

1. Size and Fit into external model, and use original textures. Of course we’ll include a cleaner canopy at this point. This’ll be released as a bandaid for VR users. Afterwards….
    2. Begin creating a new mesh to negate any performance hits, and to help create better geometry for the new PBR texture workflow.
    3. Test n Release…

Now this does come with shortcomings as the position of the ASP symbols will change in relation to the gun barrel, and pilot’s view point.
    2019×1037 949 KB

The external model is also getting some love by fixing the spine’s mesh merging into the tail…Yes, that does mean slight modifications of camo patterns, but our artist used his best skills to mitigate any major texture changes. Rivets on the tail have been changed to reflect the ‘bis’ variation and not the ‘MF’ that is currently laid out.

• A new, easy to use template along with a sample mesh will be available before the new mesh is released.

We have also been thinking about texture weight taking up users’ bandwidth, virtual memory and HDD/SSD space. It’s no secret our MiG-21bis uses a whopping 6GB of space and we want help reduce it!

• Liveries have been split back into 6 x 4K sets, plus some 1 and 2K sets.
    • The new BC7 DDS compression will be used to keep the same quality, but lower the file size even more than the standard nVidia DDS plugin.
    • And we are still planning to reduce all 4K textures to 2K as the standard install. We will put the high resolution 4K Liveries on our website for those that can afford the performance. But not after some internal testing.

Finally, the introduction of overwing vapor is on the horizon! There are not many photos or videos showing the delta wing’s effects, but we think we have nailed it and will include it in a huge update along with the cockpit, external, and cockpit meshes!

Patrick

Great news! One thing I hope they update is the engine sound, mainly in the cockpit. I have always felt the afterburner sound in the cockpit is overwhelmingly loud as well as the engine and wind sound in the cockpit was also off compared to videos I have seen. I had made my own mod to that using the F-5's sound but I don't think it works anymore after a previous update (which I was unable to reconfigure my sound mod to work properly).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 18