More Meteors from Rob Richardson!
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: More Meteors from Rob Richardson!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

More Meteors from Rob Richardson!

F.3 now available, as well as a paintkit, static and AI models, and the Meteor F.4 is in the works!

Get them at: http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/index.html

And a De Havilland 125 Series 1 is also WIP.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Off to d/l now.
    Thanks for HU.

Looks like another winner from Rob, and looking forward to the upcoming Mk 4 as well. Not sure about the colour of those codes and the fuselage band though, surely they should be Sky?
    Andy

Nice and I see the Mk4 is not far off.

Seeing the HS.125 Work In Progress on the page made me jump for joy! I used to service several old privately owned HS.125's back in the day. All but one of them still had their original Viper engine's which were loud & shrieking beasts! Fuel commission at the end of the month was always good when the 125's were out and about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Been there, got it, Been at the paint kit already! I'm going to be flying this one for a while I think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500SQNF3.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	2691 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500SQNF32.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	2693

500 Sqn 1947-48? WIP

Hooky

Looks a goodie ... New Zealand's first jet powered aircraft ... only four years of testing then of to the scrap heap

I flew the Me-262 SE this weekend and the new Dora's. While I was flying them I kept thinking it would be nice to have an early Meteor as well. I didn't expect such a pleasant surprise so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Nice and I see the Mk4 is not far off.

Seeing the HS.125 Work In Progress on the page made me jump for joy! I used to service several old privately owned HS.125's back in the day. All but one of them still had their original Viper engine's which were loud & shrieking beasts! Fuel commission at the end of the month was always good when the 125's were out and about.

I read somewhere that when the turbofan engines were fitted to the 125 they used less fuel at cruising speed than the Viper did while taxiing!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Looks like another winner from Rob, and looking forward to the upcoming Mk 4 as well. Not sure about the colour of those codes and the fuselage band though, surely they should be Sky?
    I didn't think it would be long before the reality police came after me!
    Thanks for pointing that out Andy.
    Here is an amended texture with the correct colour "sky" bands and code.
    Just unzip it and drop it into "SimObjects\Airplanes\Gloster Meteor F Mk 3\Texture.1",

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dbprjl

Rob R

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    I read somewhere that when the turbofan engines were fitted to the 125 they used less fuel at cruising speed than the Viper did while taxiing!
    So true! Our oldest HS.125 was a 1964 build with Vipers. One hot sunny afternoon it left for a trip but immediately returned due to a maintenance issue with a bleed-air valve stuck open and filling the cabin with heat. It didn't take long to fix the issue but the chief pilot had us re-top off the wing tanks and of course the engine oil. I was surprised how much fuel was used in just 15 minutes of flight. The engine oil was something that had to be serviced every time the 125 flew as the oil system was a total-loss system that blows the oil out the exhaust. I understand a number of Vipers had been upgraded to zero-loss oil systems. The TFE731 equipped -700's and newer built -800's were highly efficient and quiet but the Viper's TBO was said to be around 5000 hours(with the upgraded commercial components as opposed to the early expendable drone components) whereas the 731's at half that TBO rating. I don't think Viper power 125's are in service here anymore per noise regs and most airframes aging out. Looking forward to your HS.125. I had the old 1/72 Airfix model when I was a kid. Always liked the design.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Many thanks for this beauty Rob.

Regards,
    Ian.

I didn't think it would be long before the reality police came after me!
    Thanks for pointing that out Andy.
    Here is an amended texture with the correct colour "sky" bands and code.
    Just unzip it and drop it into "SimObjects\Airplanes\Gloster Meteor F Mk 3\Texture.1",

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dbprjl

Rob R
    Sorry Rob, didn't mean to nitpick. Any chance you'll be adding the Mk 1 to the mix, or even the later Mk 3 with the longer nacelles of the Mk 4?
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Sorry Rob, didn't mean to nitpick. Any chance you'll be adding the Mk 1 to the mix, or even the later Mk 3 with the longer nacelles of the Mk 4?
    Hi Andy,
    None taken!
    A Mk 1 is on the cards, took some shots recently of the prototype at Hendon.
    That fuselage band looks a lovely powder blue to me!!

Rob R

Hi Andy,
    None taken!
    A Mk 1 is on the cards, took some shots recently of the prototype at Hendon.
    That fuselage band looks a lovely powder blue to me!!

Rob R
    Touché! :-D
    Andy

Just having some fun Andy!
    You are absolutely right about the "sky" colour on the Mk 3, been going through Richard J Caruana's "Gloster & AW Meteor"
    I should pay more attention!

Rob R

No problems Rob.

You are absolutely right about the "sky" colour on the Mk 3, been going through Richard J Caruana's "Gloster & AW Meteor"
    I should pay more attention!

Rob R
    Mr Caruana knows his stuff!!

There were quite a few variations sneaked in at that time, like 616 Sqn sneaking that rose on to some of their aircraft and (slightly later) the upper wing roundel being changed from B-type to C1; those of us who are going to come up with new schemes for this beauty will really be kept on our toes making sure we get those details right!!

Re. that powder blue band, DG202 was refurbed and repainted a number of time during the late 50s and early 60s; the scheme she now wears was done at Cosford in 1965 and is, to be honest, a little dodgy. If any other Brits here are modellers of 'a certain age' they may remember the arguments that used to go on in Airfix Magazine about Sky or, as we used to call it at the time, Duck Egg Blue; I saw some model Spitfires in the early 70s wearing some very interesting shades of blue!! So it looks as though that restoration had the same issues.
    Andy

Thanks for another great addition to the hangar Rob!

can never have enough Meatboxes! now about the SOAR Meteor, Derwent Meteor, Prone Pilot, RB108 testbed.... just kidding

many many many thanks Rob!

SOH-CM-2023
    I'm still trying to finish my U16....still having problems though with the autopilot/command logic that was built into the aircraft... Will get there eventually...
    Keith

Rob has now released the Meteor F4 on his site. I have completed my first repaint and uploaded to BritSim (available now) and FlightSim (available tomorrow). I will concentrate my efforts on the F4 and leave the F3 to others! - er, probably!

cheers, Pete W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9315381 (1024 x 576).jpg  

616 Sqn & 500 Sqn RAuxAF F.3 Repaints in the Library now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500SQNF3.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	2725

Regards,

Hooky

Any chance of a T.7?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Any chance of a T.7?

Dave
    I've already tried nagging Rob for this Dave! He has most of the components - F8, NF11 and now F4! Who knows? We may get lucky.
    Have now almost finished the Gloster F4 demonstrator as my next repaint.

Pete W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18643414 (1024 x 576).jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    I've already tried nagging Rob for this Dave! He has most of the components - F8, NF11 and now F4! Who knows? We may get lucky.
    Have now almost finished the Gloster F4 demonstrator as my next repaint.

Pete W
    Beautiful Peter!
    Now let me see............long fuselage of the F8, short span wings, NF11 cockpit, old style tail, yep! got all those parts in the stores!

Rob R

Members who have read this thread: 114