More Meteors from Rob Richardson! - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: More Meteors from Rob Richardson!

Dare I ask if you'd considered a Mk 9 Rob? I imagine it would take much re-engineering of the Mk 8 nose, so might not be a runner.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Dare I ask if you'd considered a Mk 9 Rob? I imagine it would take much re-engineering of the Mk 8 nose, so might not be a runner.
    Just been looking at the Mk 9 and the change to the nose would be fairly easy, cockpit layout is same as Mk 8, could even get away with Mk 8 paintkit.
    It could happen Andy!

Rob R

My fingers are crossed Rob.
    Andy

Blog Entries
    Another jewel, Rob - many thanks.

And any of the PR or FR marks would be a dream. PR is in my view, the most enjoyable application of FSX military aircraft. Second only perhaps to carrier flying, which by way of digression, reminds me of how much joy your Sea Vampire and Gannets have brought.

A big warm thanks from Canada!!

thanks

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Another jewel, Rob - many thanks.

And any of the PR or FR marks would be a dream. PR is in my view, the most enjoyable application of FSX military aircraft. Second only perhaps to carrier flying, which by way of digression, reminds me of how much joy your Sea Vampire and Gannets have brought.

A big warm thanks from Canada!!

thanks

Daniel
    Well Daniel, if Rob makes the PR nose for the FR9 then he has all the components for the PR10 - add the F4 tail and long span wings to the F8 fuselage and PR nose! Would be nice.

Pete W

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    Well Daniel, if Rob makes the PR nose for the FR9 then he has all the components for the PR10 - add the F4 tail and long span wings to the F8 fuselage and PR nose! Would be nice.

Pete W
    I wasn't going to push my luck any further by suggesting that, so thanks Peter!
    Andy

What I don't have , at the moment, is a good close-up shot of the nose camera window on the 9 or 10.

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    What I don't have , at the moment, is a good close-up shot of the nose camera window on the 9 or 10.
    I have a scanned copy of Warpaint 22 on the Meteor, would that be of any use to you?
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    I have a scanned copy of Warpaint 22 on the Meteor, would that be of any use to you?
    Thanks Andy, I have just about everything on the Meteor but not a good shot of the FR/PR nose.
    I'll trawl the web, see what I can find, cant think of a Mk 9 or Mk 10 that I can visit anywhere in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Thanks Andy, I have just about everything on the Meteor but not a good shot of the FR/PR nose.
    I'll trawl the web, see what I can find, cant think of a Mk 9 or Mk 10 that I can visit anywhere in the UK.
    Will these help?

http://www.airrecce.co.uk/graphics/AC/Meteor/FR9_1.jpg
    http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../9/0812992.jpg
    http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2022/5...001c5fac_o.jpg
    http://plane-crazy.k-hosting.co.uk/A...Meteor-FR9.jpg
    http://www.abpic.co.uk/search.php?q=VZ608&u=reg

VZ608 is, basically, a Meteor FR9 although she went to Rolls Royce for lift engine research; she's on display at Newark, if that is of any use to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0331330.jpg  
    Andy

Well done Andy!
    I know that aircraft, its the one with an extra lift engine, those shots are all I need, thanks.

No problem Rob, happy to help.

Haven't been to Newark in years, used to go a lot when I lived in Peterborough. It's an interesting collection, some real exotics there.
    Andy

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Rob has now released the Meteor F4 on his site. I have completed my first repaint and uploaded to BritSim (available now) and FlightSim (available tomorrow). I will concentrate my efforts on the F4 and leave the F3 to others! - er, probably!

cheers, Pete W
    First of all: Rob, thanks so much for these wonderful aircraft! The Mk.3 and Mk.4 are my favourite versions of the Meteor and I always hoped you would make them.

Pete, do you also plan to make skins of Mk.4's from other countries? I personally would very much like a Dutch Mk.4. They were also in natural finish, like in your repaint. The main differences were, it seems to me, the national insignas and the fuselage and tail codes.

If any other Brits here are modellers of 'a certain age' they may remember the arguments that used to go on in Airfix Magazine about Sky or, as we used to call it at the time, Duck Egg Blue
    Oh that was a great series of articles by, I think, Michael Bowyer. I believe "duck egg blue" was the eye-witness term used at the time before official paint specs were formalised, and referred to the squadron-level repainting of in-service fighters during 1940 as fighting intensified. How I wish I still had those magazines today.

Another memory those of "a certain age" might have is of the rather vague painting directions in Airfix kits, which told modellers to paint "irregular green stripes over the upper surfaces to give a camouflage effect".
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    First of all: Rob, thanks so much for these wonderful aircraft! The Mk.3 and Mk.4 are my favourite versions of the Meteor and I always hoped you would make them.

Pete, do you also plan to make skins of Mk.4's from other countries? I personally would very much like a Dutch Mk.4. They were also in natural finish, like in your repaint. The main differences were, it seems to me, the national insignas and the fuselage and tail codes.
    Just a couple of RAF examples to finish then I will start on the Dutch, Belgian, Argentine and Danish paints!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Oh that was a great series of articles by, I think, Michael Bowyer. I believe "duck egg blue" was the eye-witness term used at the time before official paint specs were formalised, and referred to the squadron-level repainting of in-service fighters during 1940 as fighting intensified. How I wish I still had those magazines today.
    It was indeed Michael Bowyer. The articles were eventually revised and expanded into the books "Fighting Colours" and Bombing Colours", and were an invaluable reference in my plastic modelling days; I've still got "Fighting Colours", but sadly in storage & inaccessible at the moment.
    Andy

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Just a couple of RAF examples to finish then I will start on the Dutch, Belgian, Argentine and Danish paints!

Pete
    Music to my ears! Thanks, Pete!

OK, the two RAF paints are now finished and uploaded to BritSim. Now, on with the non-British examples!

Pete W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5904700 (1024 x 576).jpg   2152018 (1024 x 576).jpg  

OK, the two RAF paints are now finished and uploaded to BritSim. Now, on with the non-British examples!

Pete W
    Could you upload them here?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Could you upload them here?

Dave
    I usually upload only to BritSim and FlightSim David. In response to your request however, I have uploaded both paints here as well!

cheers, Pete W

just a quick and easy one..

not quite happy with the metal/silver paint yet...
    Does the model support spec files?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Looks pretty good to me, jankees!:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80338170@N05/9119100720/
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

aha, details I wasn't aware of! Back to the drawing board...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    From every photo I found it looks like 'our' Meteors were painted semi-gloss or even matt aluminium Jankees; here are a few more of the same (?) aircraft:

http://www.willemsessink.nl/Vliegtuigned/meteor_03.jpg

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/unitedki...er-1970-01.png

http://www.colori.nl/vliegtuigen/Aircraft021/I-69'.jpg
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Many thanks Rob for a great aircraft and Peter for his great repaints. Looks like Jankees is up for some Dutch paints
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Members who have read this thread: 114