Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue.. - Page 26
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16181920212223242526

Thread: Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue..

thanks Dave,

think i found it. Will give it a try soon.

Edwin

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy View Post
    thanks Dave,

think i found it. Will give it a try soon.

Edwin
    Just walk though it before you start. It's very straightforward if you take it slowly.
    PM me if you get stuck.

Dave

Hi Dave,

i've got him working now. Thanks.
    But now i have another problem. I replaced de canopy files because of the milky canopies but now i have a few aircraft with good canopies but still got some with the milky canopies. Any idea?

best regards, Edwin

Edwin, it sounds like some of your livery texture folders still have the old C9F4vc7.bmp / C9F4vc7.bmp files. Either replace them with the new DDS files from the portover kit or alias them from a shared texture folder (see the enclosed guide Thumbnails and Texture Aliasing.pdf).

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy View Post
    Hi Dave,

i've got him working now. Thanks.
    But now i have another problem. I replaced de canopy files because of the milky canopies but now i have a few aircraft with good canopies but still got some with the milky canopies. Any idea?

best regards, Edwin
    If you put the new canopy glass DDS files in your common texture folder, then you still have the BMP versions in some of the individual texture directories. These have to go.
    If you didn't, then do it and lose the glass BMP files from all the individual texture directories.
    Watch out for same-name DDS and BMP files.

That should sort it.

Dave

It took me the whole weekend to read the whole thread lol..and I think I have missed something, so I will just ask. When I want to fly the QRA, should I just change the payload section in aircraft.cfg with the values listed on the line? e.g. "QRA+880" then I insert the value 880 in the FSX payload menu? Thank You. ah by the way.. this is phenomenal, thank you for the amazing work people!
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Quote Originally Posted by Peg o my heart View Post
    It took me the whole weekend to read the whole thread lol..and I think I have missed something, so I will just ask. When I want to fly the QRA, should I just change the payload section in aircraft.cfg with the values listed on the line? e.g. "QRA+880" then I insert the value 880 in the FSX payload menu? Thank You. ah by the way.. this is phenomenal, thank you for the amazing work people!
    Hi,

Nono, you have to select the right model from the aircraft selection menu. Changing the payload in the payload menu will just change the weight, not the visuals!

Johan

Johan beat me to it... Select a QRA model and add 880 Lbs in the Payload mgr (which is a rough estimate for the added weight of 2x AIM9 and 3 droptanks).

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Hi,

Nono, you have to select the right model from the aircraft selection menu. Changing the payload in the payload menu will just change the weight, not the visuals!

Johan
    Hello Johan, thank you for your answer.

OK. I did that, the models are based on the QRA and I can see three ext fuel tanks and two ordnance. The visual is correct, but in Aircraft.cfg, the payload is still zero. Should I change it to 880 as the correct weight for QRA? Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	21180
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Hello Johan, thank you for your answer.

OK. I did that, the models are based on the QRA and I can see three ext fuel tanks and two ordnance. The visual is correct, but in Aircraft.cfg, the payload is still zero. Should I change it to 880 as the correct weight for QRA? Thanks

Yes indeed! Just like Henk said!

EDIT: now a question from me: do you see the gunsight in P3D? I don't. It used to show in FSX, but no longer in P3D...

Johan
    Last edited by Dumonceau; March 22nd, 2015 at 00:45. Reason: question

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Johan beat me to it... Select a QRA model and add 880 Lbs in the Payload mgr (which is a rough estimate for the added weight of 2x AIM9 and 3 droptanks).
    Ooops, I missed your post. Yes thats great, thank you. Brilliant brilliant work. I am having this "unique" issue with my MilViz Phantom, and they are working on it and I really hope it will be fixed in the next build. For now. I use the MilViz sound for the portover phantom, and now it sound like a........ phantom!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Yes indeed! Just like Henk said!

EDIT: now a question from me: do you see the gunsight in P3D? I don't. It used to show in FSX, but no longer in P3D...

Johan
    Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately, I dont use P3D. Right now I am making sure I put everything in the portover kit correctly, havent worked on the radar and havent checked the gunsight. Thanks

Does anyone use DX10 and have the VC night lighting work? Whatever I did, the VC light wont work. Have no poblems with the ext lights.Thanks

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

Cloud 9 Port over Phantom

I need help my shift-1 popup quit working ,I hit Shift-1 and nothing? Can any one help? Lee

I have this one flying. There's one thing: the ab comes in with a tremendous boost and the plane immediately goes past mach 1. Too fast really. I know it's supposed to have butt kicking power, but this is over the top. Is this just on my system? Could be. My X55 Rhino HOTAS has some quirks.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I have this one flying. There's one thing: the ab comes in with a tremendous boost and the plane immediately goes past mach 1. Too fast really. I know it's supposed to have butt kicking power, but this is over the top. Is this just on my system? Could be. My X55 Rhino HOTAS has some quirks.

Cees
    Cees, I do not think it is your equipment. I just did a Q&D comparison with the C9 portover vs. the Milviz F-4, starting at mil power doing 300 kias below 500 Ft, then full throttle: C9 reaches Mach 1.0 in 38 seconds, Milviz in 45 seconds. I have high confidence in the Milviz FDE (created by Bernt Stolle) which is obviously much better than my attempt to make the C9 FS2004 FDE work in FSX

EDIT to previous reply - timings were wrong:
    Cees, I do not think it is your equipment. I just did a Q&D comparison with the C9 portover vs. the Milviz F-4, starting at mil power doing 300 kias below 500 Ft, then full throttle: C9 reaches Mach 1.0 in 18 seconds, Milviz in 25 seconds. I have high confidence in the Milviz FDE (created by Bernt Stolle) which is obviously much better than my attempt to make the C9 FS2004 FDE work in FSX

Members +

Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue.. P3D v3.3.5

Hello Folks

Firstly thanks to all who have allowed us to port over our old aricraft with the talented folk we have on this forum. I know I am very late to the party, and no activity on this forum since January 2016. This is more a report back, and wondering if any of you have progressed with this model past FSX and P3D v2 as to what I have read from page 1 to 26 (yowsers, lots of reading). I have purchased this model with all of it's various default liveries a long time ago, and I found it easy enough to follow all instructions, to port over with the offered conversion packs etc. It's working perfectly in FSX Acceleration even with the DX10 patches as well. I have spent the tedious time of converting all of the livery BMP's to DDS in mass (Thanks to a wonderful tool by Martin Wright, Extended Format Converter for X v4.0.0.8). I used DXT5 and no image flipping for those interested.

As I said all is well with FSX, and not too bad porting to P3D v3.3.5 either, textures are fine and the aircraft loads nicely. EXCEPT that most of the click spots do not work now in the VC. Some do, like throttle, wheels extend retract, canopy open etc, but none of the switches, or the RADAR switches, along with lights etc I can use the shift 1 option from cold and dark or ready to start and Ctrl X works in starting the aircaft and then shortly ready to fly (P3D new control for full start compared to FSX Ctrl E, although Ctrl E is retained in it's original function). It seems that there is something missing for P3D to use out of either the MDL or the AIR files, I'm not sure.

Maybe I have missed something and a good soul will point me in the right direction. I am competent in this with the correct skill set, so any tech jargon is fine. It would be sad to lose this model and I am forced to buy the MilViz one, which is compliant with P3D v3.3.5

Regards
    W10 Pro 1703 x64 / openSuSE LEAP 42.2 x64
    Intel Core i7 4790K 4.6GHZ CPU OC
    Gigabyte Z97-Gaming5 mobo
    Gigabyte AMD R9 280X 3GB GPU x2 Crossfire
    Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR3 1600MHZ
    Seagate 1TB SATAIII SSHD Windows dual boot
    Seagate 2TB SATAIII SSHD Data
    Seagate 1TB SATAIII SSHD Linux dual boot
    Samsung 18x SATA DVDRW x2 Opticals
    Coolermaster G750M 750W PSU
    Zalman CNPS109X Optima Shark Fin CPU Cooler

screwbottle, loosing the interior clickspots is the price you have to pay if you want to fly an FS9 SDK / DirectX 9 model in P3Dv2 / P3Dv3. Nothing you can do about it other than recompiling the 3d source file with the FSX/P3D SDK.

There is something wrong inside the MDL file controlling max temperature of the engine. I can't get supersonic in altitude without getting a marvelous flame out...could you take a look?

Quote Originally Posted by daisan View Post
    There is something wrong inside the MDL file controlling max temperature of the engine. I can't get supersonic in altitude without getting a marvelous flame out...could you take a look?
    I cannot replicate your issue. Just made a test run, at 36,000 Ft altitude with full throttle I can reach mach 2.18. EGT is about 500 degree C, no engine/over heating problems. BTW, I have FSX Realism settings - "Engine stress damages engine" enabled.

Let me check. I edited the FDE "just a little"

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    screwbottle, loosing the interior clickspots is the price you have to pay if you want to fly an FS9 SDK / DirectX 9 model in P3Dv2 / P3Dv3. Nothing you can do about it other than recompiling the 3d source file with the FSX/P3D SDK.
    Thanks for the reply hschuit, I had a gut feel that was the reason for the loss of click spots. And us not likely to get the original source file from Cloud 9 folk, would'nt that be great to extend this model into P3D v3. Oh well, enjoy it in FSX, and time to seriously look at the Milviz model for P3D.

Apologies for my bad manners in not signing off my post with my real name, done below

Regards
    Andrew Brown
    W10 Pro 1703 x64 / openSuSE LEAP 42.2 x64
    Intel Core i7 4790K 4.6GHZ CPU OC
    Gigabyte Z97-Gaming5 mobo
    Gigabyte AMD R9 280X 3GB GPU x2 Crossfire
    Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR3 1600MHZ
    Seagate 1TB SATAIII SSHD Windows dual boot
    Seagate 2TB SATAIII SSHD Data
    Seagate 1TB SATAIII SSHD Linux dual boot
    Samsung 18x SATA DVDRW x2 Opticals
    Coolermaster G750M 750W PSU
    Zalman CNPS109X Optima Shark Fin CPU Cooler

No problem Andrew. The Milviz VC, systems, sound and FDE are excellent. Unfortunately the exterior model is a bit cartoonish, the C9 model is much better.

Cheers, Henk.

Hello everyone, I just thought of sharing a Repaint that I made for this beloved aircraft: Cloud9 Phantom F-4E Repaint (livery) NK 0439

You can download it here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=23339

Warm regards
    Pepois
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phantom1.jpg   Phantom2.jpg   Phantom4.jpg   Phantom.jpg   Phantom3.jpg   Phantom1.jpg  

Phantom4.jpg   Phantom3.jpg   Phantom2.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 95